St Mirren Photos & Videos

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

I remember the pram races. Took part in the one on the day George Best played for Hibs against us. Was that his debut? Looked decidely fat. Still had the brain and the skill though.

Debut

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1979&GameID=197911240

14 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I was at that match and Best did play well. It was rumoured, and generally accepted that he was half pissed when he arrived at Love Street.

Among others  :)

Welcome back, Rick

Edited by shull

The first time I saw Yards play was when I came up for a week and went to a couple of away games. Cannae mind the year. The first was a midweek game at Broadwood. Cannae mind if it was against Clyde or Airdrie (I think Airdrie). We won 3-1 and Yards had a brilliant game. On that performance alone I’d have described him as a lanky winger who was good with the ball at his feet. :o

We followed it up with a 2-1 win away at Dundee.  Jamie Fullerton put us one up with a belter. Chic Charnley equalised direct from a free kick that he took early when no one was looking. The cocky bassturt lapped it right up to the saints fans in the stand. Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. Charnley then got subbed and had to do the walk of shame into the stand getting absolute pelters from the saints fans. 

Happy days. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. 

Happy days. 

Johnny McMillan.

The Dundee keeper kicked a clearance which skelped off McMillans arse and ended up in the back of the net.:lol:

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The first time I saw Yards play was when I came up for a week and went to a couple of away games. Cannae mind the year. The first was a midweek game at Broadwood. Cannae mind if it was against Clyde or Airdrie (I think Airdrie). We won 3-1 and Yards had a brilliant game. On that performance alone I’d have described him as a lanky winger who was good with the ball at his feet. :o

We followed it up with a 2-1 win away at Dundee.  Jamie Fullerton put us one up with a belter. Chic Charnley equalised direct from a free kick that he took early when no one was looking. The cocky bassturt lapped it right up to the saints fans in the stand. Then one of our young subs (James McGowan???) charged down the Dundee keeper’s clearance and scored to win the game. Charnley then got subbed and had to do the walk of shame into the stand getting absolute pelters from the saints fans. 

Happy days. 

16/01/1996 Airdrie Broadwood 3-1 Yardley2 Hetherston
20/01/1996 Dundee Dens Park 2-1 Fullarton  McMillan

9 hours ago, HSS said:

Jesus!!!!!

Cannae believe that was 22 years ago!

Funny how I remember such things so vividly but when my Mrs sends me upstairs to get something, by the time I get there I’ve forgotten what she wanted.