St Mirren Photos & Videos

20 minutes ago, shull said:

It's not Wharton

Do you know who the ref is , looks like Bill Mullen ? I think this is Willie Allan scoring the winner at Ibrox in 1964 !

eta That's Shearer , a young Ronnie McKinnon , GK Billy Ritchie on the deck , Jimmy Robertson and Willie Allan.

Edited by billyg

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Do you know who the ref is , looks like Bill Mullen ? I think this is Willie Allan scoring the winner at Ibrox in 1964 !

It's not Tiny or Phillips, so I'm not sure.

Guy on Facebook says it's Mullen.

1 hour ago, shull said:

I dunno who Tiny supported , but he was a regular at Love Street in the years before he passed away.

Wharton was a great friend to Saints and was instrumental in procuring finance from the Football Trust to build the Caledonia Stand.

I remember as a ballboy when we played Celtic walking in at half-time through the tunnel and Billy McNeil said to Tiny, 'Mr Wharton, some of these spectators were spitting on my players'.  Tiny replied in his polite and precise middle-class accent, 'Mr McNeil, if that is a complaint, take it to the police.'  and strode straight ahead without looking round.

56 minutes ago, SBS said:

Anyone able to name the guy 2nd from right on back row?

img375.jpg

Ludo in goals.

Ludo was a good goalkeeper.

Jim Blair, the dude in the back row second from the right.

Edited by shull

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Chris Dilo, Jack Baird, Declan Hughes, Mark Williams, Mark Barrowman, Thomas Reilly

Barry Cuddihy, Lewis Morgan, Lewis McLear, Anton Brady, Adam Brown.

Cheers. Knew the rest of them, just never got Barrowman.

This is more of a post connected with saints photos but was watching something i recorded from weeks ago. It was called 'Stuck On You' and was the story of the Panini sticker albums. Was a good watch. Someone on there was saying how they almost filled an album but not quite. He held it up for the camera and the only missing sticker was the saints crest from a late seventies/early eighties team? Did notice Jim Clunie was manager at the time but haven't been arsed to look it up. Ironic really as my 1st ever knowledge of St Mirren was as that team in black and white on the very back page of my albums. Always stood out to me. Used to cut out the crests from NUFC and saints stickers and stick them on light switches as a lad.

1 hour ago, john scott said:

This is more of a post connected with saints photos but was watching something i recorded from weeks ago. It was called 'Stuck On You' and was the story of the Panini sticker albums. Was a good watch. Someone on there was saying how they almost filled an album but not quite. He held it up for the camera and the only missing sticker was the saints crest from a late seventies/early eighties team? Did notice Jim Clunie was manager at the time but haven't been arsed to look it up. Ironic really as my 1st ever knowledge of St Mirren was as that team in black and white on the very back page of my albums. Always stood out to me. Used to cut out the crests from NUFC and saints stickers and stick them on light switches as a lad.

This is the one he was missing -  Panini 79

2993298394_5df8881a9b.jpg

Edited by SBS