St Mirren Photos & Videos

24 minutes ago, shull said:

A disappointing day

Image may contain: 2 people, people playing sports and outdoor

Alex Beckett didn't score many goals in his career, but one of his strikes will live long in the memory of Saints fans.

Saturday 22nd November 1980, Celtic Park.

Saints had taken the lead late in the game, but Celtic hit back with a hotly disputed penalty in the dying minutes. Many thought that would be that, but in injury time a Peter Weir corner was cleared by Tom McAdam. The ball fell to Alex, some 25 yards from goal and he hit it on the volley, straight into the roof of the net for the winner.

I was one of them. Was heading back to bus and missed the goal. :(

Alex Beckett didn't score many goals in his career, but one of his strikes will live long in the memory of Saints fans.

Saints had taken the lead late in the game, but Celtic hit back with a hotly disputed penalty in the dying minutes. Many thought that would be that, but in injury time a Peter Weir corner was cleared by Tom McAdam. The ball fell to Alex, some 25 yards from goal and he hit it on the volley, straight into the roof of the net for the winner.

I was one of them. Was heading back to bus and missed the goal. [emoji20]

45 seconds into this clip...

On 6/6/2019 at 8:54 AM, pod said:

I was one of them. Was heading back to bus and missed the goal. :(

Did he not score a screamer against Killie in the same season?

38 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Did he not score a screamer against Killie in the same season?

Not sure. Probably missed that one as well. :rolleyes:   No. Only the one against C**tic.

Edited by pod

34 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

That's weird I can tell the  2 Falkirk players ( Gerry Britton & Wee Geordy Shaw ) but I'm not 100% of who our player I think it is Stuart Taylor

Correct. Now assistant manager at Ipswich Town.

See the source image