St Mirren Photos & Videos

And while on the subject of graves, in Hawkhead Cemetery you will find this one for Andy Reid.
Andy played 260 games for Saints before becoming trainer to John Cochrane during the 20s. As a management team they guided Saints to victory in Barcelona in 1922 and the Scottish Cup in 1926 before heading south to reform the partnership with Cochrane at Sunderland in 1929.

At Roker Park they became the first management team to win the Scottish Cup and the FA Cup when Sunderland triumphed in 1937 having already won the First Division in 1936.
Andy returned to Love Street in the 1940s and helped guide the team to the Summer Cup in 1943 before retiring at the age of 68 in 1950.

Reid.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Graham Sinclair owned the newsagents next to the elbow room bar. He was a full back.

Not sure if he even started a game for us, if so he played less mins than Eric did i think  :o

You’ve lost me. Clearly I’m being whooshed. [emoji2369]
Not at all. Well not this time. [emoji106]
I’m guessing there are 2 players visible in the main stand?
3, the picture used to hang in Jack Daniels.

The players are Standing Peter Godfrey and sitting to his left Paul Chalmers and Brian Gallagher.

Won’t be the first time you’ve failed to recognise your own players at a match.
I used to put that down to the bevvy. [emoji481] [emoji23] 
We know your excuse, you couldn't see them for the big 5 foot tall lads that stood in front of you. [emoji14]

PS, well done in remembering your password. [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Fitzy as having learning a trade as a painter. I’m glad he was a much better player than a painter.

Would that have to do with under estimating how long the newly painted seats in main stand took to dry in time for next game. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Yflab said:

That’s a great picture. Three of my footballing hero’s. I first saw Fitzy play in this game.
http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197508010

I still have the programme and I’m sure it has an article about Fitzy as having learning a trade as a painter. I’m glad he was a much better player than a painter. The beating heart of Fergies Furies.

Frankie boy looks really dapper and happy which is great to see given his off field struggles. What a striker he was for us. I remember him playing in the first SMiSA Saints Aid and he was lethal. He was substituted to save our fans keeper @Eric Arthur Blair from further humiliation. Only joking T. 😂 

Dibble looks well too. If he had been a bit taller he would have definitely got capped on a regular basis by Scotland. In my opinion the bravest keeper to ever have represented our great club.

Why is Keith Flint in the picture? 😃

That’s a great picture. Three of my footballing hero’s. I first saw Fitzy play in this game.
http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197508010
I still have the programme and I’m sure it has an article about Fitzy as having learning a trade as a painter. I’m glad he was a much better player than a painter. The beating heart of Fergies Furies.
Frankie boy looks really dapper and happy which is great to see given his off field struggles. What a striker he was for us. I remember him playing in the first SMiSA Saints Aid and he was lethal. He was substituted to save our fans keeper [mention=12059]Eric Arthur Blair[/mention] from further humiliation. Only joking T. [emoji23] 
Dibble looks well too. If he had been a bit taller he would have definitely got capped on a regular basis by Scotland. In my opinion the bravest keeper to ever have represented our great club.
Hey, my full length dive to my left to keep out a Lexy piledriver was one of the greatest saves ever seen at the old ground.