St Mirren Photos & Videos

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Talking to yourself again, why not invite "wee Shetland", another of your made up friends. 🤣🤣🤣

I only have one account on this forum.  I have no idea who Sidmirren is but he's got you "rattled" as you like to call it.  It's funny you use that word as there is also a breed of snake which is fond of "rattling".

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

It was a horrible kit and looking back I believe it was responsible for decline from 1987, see also the barcode strip which had a similar effect 🤔

Yeah, somebody should carry out a project on the thinness of the stripe against performance. With that said it was a pin stripe for the Scottish Cup victory.

The truth is out there…

4 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Yeah, somebody should carry out a project on the thinness of the stripe against performance. With that said it was a pin stripe for the Scottish Cup victory.

The truth is out there…

There is clearly an optimum stripe thickness for success, pin stripe perhaps being a negligible varaiable but too many thin stripes being an issue for players maybe lije the old checked suits on newsreaders effect on tv in the past?

11 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

There is clearly an optimum stripe thickness for success, pin stripe perhaps being a negligible varaiable but too many thin stripes being an issue for players maybe lije the old checked suits on newsreaders effect on tv in the past?

Classic ‘optimum stripe thickness’. I like your style

7 hours ago, Hunterian said:

It was a real statement and hasn’t lost any of its power through time.  I had the away kit, or red bib.

I had the away strip also.  I loved the away from that year and relatives have commented that in most family photographs of that period, I have my home and away St. Mirren full strips on.

5 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

It was a horrible kit and looking back I believe it was responsible for decline from 1987, see also the barcode strip which had a similar effect 🤔

I understand that it they weren't really "traditional St. Mirren kits" but from my perspective, they were my first St. Mirren kits and I have great memories of wearing them, being taken to the matches on a more regular basis and watching guys like Peter Godfrey, Gary Peebles, Neil Cooper, Campbell Money, Brian Hamilton and others.  Did Billy Davies wear the "bib" kits, I can't quite remember?

18 hours ago, Percy Veer said:

I understand that it they weren't really "traditional St. Mirren kits" but from my perspective, they were my first St. Mirren kits and I have great memories of wearing them, being taken to the matches on a more regular basis and watching guys like Peter Godfrey, Gary Peebles, Neil Cooper, Campbell Money, Brian Hamilton and others.  Did Billy Davies wear the "bib" kits, I can't quite remember?

Peter Godfrey = Basil Fawlty. Played in the same Meadowbank team as Sir Tom Hendrie 

1 hour ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Mechelen. To be fair they ended up winning the cup that year, at least we didn't lose to a crap team

Yeah, no disgrace. Mind you we went into free fall at that point.  I was a season ticket holder throughout the 90’s.  Some real torture until Sir Tom arrived. 

1 hour ago, Hunterian said:

Yeah, no disgrace. Mind you we went into free fall at that point.  I was a season ticket holder throughout the 90’s.  Some real torture until Sir Tom arrived. 

Sir Tom was a gift from God after the majority of the 1990's. Major suffering via Hay, Smith, Bone, etc.

TOM HENDRIE AND THE MILLENNIUM SEASON.

:notworthy

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Sir Tom was a gift from God after the majority of the 1990's. Major suffering via Hay, Smith, Bone, etc.

TOM HENDRIE AND THE MILLENNIUM SEASON.

:notworthy

Fitzpatrick too although all through that decade there were some real gems. John Hewitt’s goal against Falkirk after 1,000 passes!

Alex Bone, aaarrrgggghhhhhh

Just now, Hunterian said:

Fitzpatrick too although all through that decade there were some real gems. John Hewitt’s goal against Falkirk after 1,000 passes!

Alex Bone, aaarrrgggghhhhhh

Tony was part of my etc .

Hewitt's free kick v Killie , a gem.

I liked Wee Alex Bone. He gave 100% every game . Scored plenty with most other teams , unlucky with us.

David Elliott, oh dear, a disaster.

16 minutes ago, shull said:

Tony was part of my etc .

Hewitt's free kick v Killie , a gem.

I liked Wee Alex Bone. He gave 100% every game . Scored plenty with most other teams , unlucky with us.

David Elliott, oh dear, a disaster.

Elliott started off well. Alex Bone tried, yes, but just not good enough.