St Mirren Photos & Videos

Was that not the nucleus of the team that pumped Septic 3-0 at Love St on a pissing wet day?? Scanlons screamer fromm the centre-circle?

Was that not 4-2 to us that day after they'd gone 2-0 up? I think Cowboy scored to put us 3-2 before HT into the Caledonia end and then leapt over the advertising boats to get it right up them.

Scanlon's goal was a thing of beauty and no tv cameras there due to a strike, I think?

24 minutes ago, well st bud said:

Did george best not play at love st twice? For Hibs and New York Cosmos?

Hibs and Fulham. 

The American team was Tampa Bay Rowdies and Best never played for them. 

13 hours ago, DLBud said:

Was that not 4-2 to us that day after they'd gone 2-0 up? I think Cowboy scored to put us 3-2 before HT into the Caledonia end and then leapt over the advertising boats to get it right up them.

Scanlon's goal was a thing of beauty and no tv cameras there due to a strike, I think?

No strike

The TV companies didn't like coming to Love Street at that time

Poor camera positions they said

Got sorted once they built a platform above the North Bank

28 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

No strike

The TV companies didn't like coming to Love Street at that time

Poor camera positions they said

Got sorted once they built a platform above the North Bank

Indeed, above the Tunnel was too low and the Crane adjacent to the Main Stand was just fecking ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Jimmy Bones goal of the season (1981) vs Aberdeen was filmed from that crane. A young ginger haired no.7 played for the visitors that day!

It was a decent day

If the weather was rainy or windy the cameras went elsewhere

I remember there were complaints that St Mirren despite doing well weren't on the telly much

Especially home games against the gruesome twosome and the BBC and STV answered the ground wasn't suited for cameras

Auld Erchie and Arfur didn't like getting wet or cauld

I can't remember exactly where they filmed the Game againt bluenoses when we beat them 1 nil with Hughie Gilshan scoring..... our last of 11 non losing streak after promotion?

I remember vividly watching it on scotsport that night or the sunday program they had maybe it was just a highlights package but if anyone could get that clip it would be appreciated as would any from that special couple of seasons

Yes I know many of you lived through the headier times of the mid 70's / 80s period when we were really flying high when my family had moved to NZ and you had to listen for a report on the radio for a score prior to the WWW so also any of those clips if available .......LOL we live in a bubble of a few games that keep us loving this club so muchhhhhhhhh.........KTF Lads

My folks always talk about that game fondly, not just because it's magic getting one over Rangers. My old man was at the game and decided to go out to celebrate the victory with his pals. Later that night he met my mum for the first time and the rest is history. 3 kids and 6 grandkids later, that Hughie Gilshan goal has a lot to answer for.

I was one of the 962 at the Albion rovers game in 23rd April 1974 looking at these photos brought back memories on that night ,I presented Bobby mckean with the player of the year award billy Johnstone was the captain
My mum had a photo of it but she passed away ,and it got lost I live in spain now I did have an urge to go to the rovers game the neibours were wondering what was going on when steve smith scored on Sunday I really don't miss much about Scotland the politics weather and a lot more the heart string are severed except for st mirren hopefully they can keep this run going I have hardly read the reports this your but this recent run has got my spirits back up again let's hope the hump the rovers my wife comes from Kirkcaldy oh wine of the strangest games I have been at was when they grubbed us 7.0 very very strange that one paul

On 1 March 2017 at 8:39 AM, smcc said:

http://www.stmirren.info/id316.html

I think this is the match you are referring to. I had the feeling that this was a match played in fog and that many Saits fans were unable to see the goal.

What we would give now for a 34 game unbeaten run!!

That's the first game I can actually remember attending, although I know I was at lots before then.  It really stuck in my memory.  Colin Stein?  Waste of money!!