shull

St Mirren Photos & Videos

16 minutes ago, ICC said:

Six feet two, eyes of blue, etc. ....

FB_IMG_1619778215266.jpg.2c46dff7a7e7f07fa10c5279c2c1af5e.jpg

I completely forgot about Bukta as a brand of shirts.  Wiki suggests that quite a few Scottish teams wore Bukta shirts, but I only remember Hibs. 
Says that Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen also wore them.

In the era I associate with Bukta, my memory is that United wore Adidas shirts and Aberdeen/Dundee wore Admiral?

On 4/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Thanks for sharing, I have walked round the grounds numerous times and not seen this.

Love finding out the historical history of the past. emoji106.png

Also in Woodside.

Just as you enter the cemetery and follow the road up to the left. On your left hand side their is a similar 'broken column' memorial to another Saints player, Tommy Workman.

Tommy was just 24 years old when he died following complications of appendicitis in 1934. 
On the side of the memorial is an inscription to his three year old daughter who sadly died of scarlet fever just three weeks after her Dad,

And while on the subject of graves, in Hawkhead Cemetery you will find this one for Andy Reid.
Andy played 260 games for Saints before becoming trainer to John Cochrane during the 20s. As a management team they guided Saints to victory in Barcelona in 1922 and the Scottish Cup in 1926 before heading south to reform the partnership with Cochrane at Sunderland in 1929.

At Roker Park they became the first management team to win the Scottish Cup and the FA Cup when Sunderland triumphed in 1937 having already won the First Division in 1936.
Andy returned to Love Street in the 1940s and helped guide the team to the Summer Cup in 1943 before retiring at the age of 68 in 1950.

Reid.jpg

41 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, ICC said:

Is this Eric Sinclair. Not sure. If it is. Think he played 45mins for us and was shipped out

It certainly is. Did he not end up with a newsagent along the road from the Sheriff Court or am I thinking of someone else. Dundee managed 10 good years out of him and he was crocked when he came to us.

It certainly is. Did he not end up with a newsagent along the road from the Sheriff Court or am I thinking of someone else. Dundee managed 10 good years out of him and he was crocked when he came to us.
No. Your thinking of the guy who came from Celtic. Forget how first name

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Graham Sinclair owned the newsagents next to the elbow room bar. He was a full back.

Not sure if he even started a game for us, if so he played less mins than Eric did i think  :o

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not sure if he even started a game for us, if so he played less mins than Eric did i think  :o

He didn’t kick a ball for us