St Mirren Photos & Videos

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, freethinker said:

FB_IMG_1598011842651.jpg.e398216d0a93aba6bbc367ae065aa90d.jpg

What an array of talent that is right there.

Can name them all except top right and the guy behind Fergie. Who are they? Well, in fairness I cannae name the guy in front of Fergie either but I don’t think he played for us. 
Incidentally, Bobby Torrance was one handsome f**ker wasn’t he. 

Edited to add further observations. Is that maybe Billy Johnston behind Fergie? And Derek Hyslop looks like a mugshot of a serial killer! 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Can name them all except top right and the guy behind Fergie. Who are they? Well, in fairness I cannae name the guy in front of Fergie either but I don’t think he played for us. 

Quite simply, what a team.

Edited to add further observations. Is that maybe Billy Johnston behind Fergie? And Derek Hyslop looks like a mugshot of a serial killer! [emoji1787]
McGillivray top right?

Think you are correct about Johnston.

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

IIRC Liverpool were keen on signing Bobby Reid. Perhaps if he had gone there with McGarvey they would have become legends of the Kop.

I don’t know what his stats were or anything, but wasn’t McGarvey fairly successful for Liverpool reserves, but just never got a shot at the first team (which obviously at the time was hardly surprising). 

21 hours ago, Yflab said:

He was, but he just could not wait for an opportunity. I posted an article a while back that gave detailed information on his time down there. Emlyn Hughes and Bob Paisley introduced him to horse racing which proved to be a vice he could not shake off. Such a natural finisher. Saw him play I one of the first Saints Aid games and he was still lethal. 

McGarvey visited the bookies well before going to Liverpool. They may have introduced him into the track but not the betting.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

McGarvey visited the bookies well before going to Liverpool. They may have introduced him into the track but not the betting.

In the 70s my future Missus used to catch the bus across from the Hole in the Wa , she would say "I saw that Frank McGarvey go into the bookies again " .