St Mirren Photos & Videos

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Peter Weir (4 caps) and Iain Munro (7caps) were the best left sided pairing I’ve ever witnessed at Love Street. For both to go on and become full Scotland internationals says a lot about how good they were. Interestingly enough they actually never played together in the same Scotland team while with Saints. 

Especially given the wealth of talent Scotland had to choose from at that time. 

12 hours ago, Yflab said:

Peter Weir (4 caps) and Iain Munro (7caps) were the best left sided pairing I’ve ever witnessed at Love Street. For both to go on and become full Scotland internationals says a lot about how good they were. Interestingly enough they actually never played together in the same Scotland team while with Saints. 

Are you sure?

I'm postive Thompson,Munro and Weir all started against Northern Ireland at Windsor Park  1980 or 81

5 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Are you sure?

I'm postive Thompson,Munro and Weir all started against Northern Ireland at Windsor Park  1980 or 81

3 hours ago, smcc said:

Still...

...we can always quote that a St Mirren-ish team of 4 Buddies winning a cap in the same team, same match, if pushed...

... Steve Archibald was coming, he was coming, he was coming down the... street of love only a few years later.  :)

How reliable is that website? I’m pretty sure Scotland lined up that night with Thomson, Munro and Weir in the team. I can clearly remember thanking at the time “three Saints players starting a game for Scotland, there's a decent chance this won’t happen again in my lifetime” 

I also remember that we knew at the time that it wasn’t absolutely the first pick selection, there was an element of experimenting with the personnel, tinkering with the formation etc. 

One for [mention=1917]santaponsasaint[/mention] and a few others I recognize.....

644605328_MarcMcAuslandDavidVanZantenStevenThompsonGrantAdamandDavidBarronjoinfans-1772556.thumb.jpg.4d5cdc5cedb627e377522b775fca5400.jpg

The one with the miserable face is John Kerr who owned Cafe Borgia. He was glum cos they were all in the bull Inn [emoji38] Holly Mccormick. Mark Caldwell. Jimmy Dean. Ross Torrance Nicky Clark. Grant Adam is there Div Barron. Vanzy and Thommo and Cheesey. Was a few others came in later. Sam Parkin was there. Was a great Monday after the cup win.

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Amazing the amount of goals scored by players not playing for the bigots.

Looked like nobody else in our team scored very many  :lol:

Great times to be a saint supporter  :)

Those are the totals for the 79/80 season. I'm pretty sure Frank McDougall would have been into double figures as well.

13 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It seems totally surreal in this day and age that the top two scorers in the top division would be a St. Mirren player and a Morton player. However, back then it felt perfectly normal to me. Maybe it was because I was just a teenager and didn’t know anything other than a relatively successful St. Mirren. Round about that time I started every season thinking we had a genuine chance of winning the league. Nowadays we start every season hoping we can avoid relegation.