shull

St Mirren Photos & Vids

I’m reading Keith Gillespies autobiography and the sums involved in his gambling would make you shudder. It is a terrible vice for many. It takes great discipline to stick to an affordable amount to have a flutter. I admire those who can and feel sorry for those who can’t help trying to chase that elusive winner.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I thought his debts were wiped out with the £80k or so that we paid Celtic for him. Was that not the rumour? 

My recollection was that his debts were paid with the move to Liverpool. It may be that he had further debts paid with the move back to us though, and obviously I must be mistaken, I didn't think we paid anything for him as Celtic had paid a fortune for Mo J and McGarvey was scoring so keeping their prize asset out. Was his last goal for Celtic not in the SC final?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

My recollection was that his debts were paid with the move to Liverpool. It may be that he had further debts paid with the move back to us though, and obviously I must be mistaken, I didn't think we paid anything for him as Celtic had paid a fortune for Mo J and McGarvey was scoring so keeping their prize asset out. Was his last goal for Celtic not in the SC final?

Davie “The Cnut” Hay was manager at the time. Frank did indeed score the winning goal in the cup final which probably saved The Cnuts job. Their loss was our gain. He was only 29 at the time.

It was a very very very cold afternoon.

And we were humped.

I severely regret getting tickets for the uncovered terracing rather than the Main Stand.

IMG_20201004_112344.jpg

36 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'm sure this  photo must have been posted before but its worth another look:)

David Lapsley of St Mirren with the Scottish Cup in County Square, April  1959. | St mirren, Paisley scotland, Paisley

I’ve never seen that photo before 👍🏼