St Mirren Photos & Videos

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, saint in exile said:

I still miss the walk up the ramp. Coming over the crest to see the pitch was magical, especially when it was a floodlit game.

I’m having trouble remembering what it was like before the tarmac ramp was there. Did you have to walk up the steps to the East Terracing and walk round the top, or was there a less defined gravelly hill up the side where the ramp went. I’m thinking the latter but cannae mind. Also when did the proper ramp come in? Was that with the redevelopment of the East terracing?

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m having trouble remembering what it was like before the tarmac ramp was there. Did you have to walk up the steps to the East Terracing and walk round the top, or was there a less defined gravelly hill up the side where the ramp went. I’m thinking the latter but cannae mind. Also when did the proper ramp come in? Was that with the redevelopment of the East terracing?

Once you were through the turnstiles there was quite a stretch of flat ground (for programme sellers etc) before you reached the steps in front of you leading straight up onto the terrace - which was nowhere near as tall as Caledonia Street end.

In the pic on the bottom RHS, you can see the pavement staium wall and the poster hoardings on the steep grass, there - with the top of the terrace arcing in the light.

I notice the floodlights are not yet in position.

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Once you were through the turnstiles there was quite a stretch of flat ground (for programme sellers etc) before you reached the steps in front of you leading straight up onto the terrace - which was nowhere near as tall as Caledonia Street end.

In the pic on the bottom RHS, you can see the pavement staium wall and the poster hoardings on the steep grass, there - with the top of the terrace arcing in the light.

I notice the floodlights are not yet in position.

There were small concrete pillars running the full curve at ground level behind each end terrace.I presume they were to prevent a landslide.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm fairly sure they didn't make / sell white football boots in the 1960s. I'd guess these are a pair of old-fashioned  'sannies' with a fresh coat of Meltonian.

London, mate!  Way ahead of the bell curve....

Also a good gimmick - wot's 'is name:)

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

London, mate!  Way ahead of the bell curve....

Also a good gimmick - wot's 'is name:)

The only one I don't recognise is the bloke between Bill Brown and Billy McNeill. Just can't place him.

Ahh, cheers antrin.

Edited by Wilbur
Too slow..