St Mirren Photos & Videos

On 2/29/2024 at 1:18 AM, shull said:

IMG_20240229_010848.jpg

One of my favourites Jim Rodgers. A true winger Reminds me of the day in front of Cairters corner playing Hearts and lost the plot with the full back. After another bad tackle jumped up and stood on his body and just kept walking to the tunnel before the ref had time to send him off.

7 hours ago, hamlet said:

One of my favourites Jim Rodgers. A true winger Reminds me of the day in front of Cairters corner playing Hearts and lost the plot with the full back. After another bad tackle jumped up and stood on his body and just kept walking to the tunnel before the ref had time to send him off.

Quite a few years ago we were on holiday and met some of Jim Rodger’s family; grandson, daughter and great grandson(who was playing with one of the Saints youth teams at the time).
We got chatting about football and they had some good stories about Jim when they found out I was a Buddie. 
A few weeks after we returned I received an amazing letter from the great man himself talking fondly about his time at Saints and a few copied pictures including a goal that he enjoyed scoring against Rangers. 
Great family and obviously a great cup winning player in his day.