Craig Storie

div

As expected, 20 year old Aberdeen midfielder Craig Storie has signed for Saints on loan to the end of the season.

Won't feature against QoS this week, he joins the squad start of next week. Not entirely sure why but assume he might be away on hols with the Premiership clubs on winter break. Just guessing though.

Will be formally announced later today.

For an apparently highly rated 21 year old, he's played very little full time senior football. Only 14 appearances for Aberdeen in 3 years.

Compare that to Mallan for example, who's younger than him and has played around 100 first team games.

So there's simply way of knowing if he's going to be good enough, cause there's nothing to base it on. We can only wait and see.

Fingers crossed there's some real experienced arrivals coming shortly. Thats what we're going to need if we are going to pull off the greatest escape.

27 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

He better get used to it for the next few months.

Hopefully we can punt Clarkson, trick Airdrie into keeping Hutton permanently, persuade Langfield to retire so we can sign another keeper and we'll be doing well.

Only 1 defeat in the last 5 so it is becoming rarer.

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

For an apparently highly rated 21 year old, he's played very little full time senior football. Only 14 appearances for Aberdeen in 3 years.

Compare that to Mallan for example, who's younger than him and has played around 100 first team games.

So there's simply way of knowing if he's going to be good enough, cause there's nothing to base it on. We can only wait and see.

Fingers crossed there's some real experienced arrivals coming shortly. Thats what we're going to need if we are going to pull off the greatest escape.

I sent a e-mail to a Aberdeen fan. He told me he is hard as nuts in midfield, stood in last year for a member of midfield who got injured.  Said he was surprised he did has not featured in the first this season that he is a good player. Feel free to keep up the negative posts though. 

Fcuk um'. Who cares about new signings? What are we doing in regard to genuine community related projects? I demand an answer or I'll scweam and scweam until I'm sick.

Seriously though, good luck son, you'll fcuking need it! Sanoupeeeeeee!

Edited by pozbaird

45 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yep. Thats what will do it.

What i wouldnt give for a player with the experience of say........Gary Harkins, Alan Gow, Andy webster or David Clarkson to dig us out of the mess we`re in. !!

Yes , experience helps but what we need is players with heart and fight at the moment, regardless of age. why dont we get behind this young guy & let him a t least pull on the stripes before writing him off ?!?

Welcome to Saints Craig.Whatever happens this season I and my family will continue supporting our beloved football club and yes all three of us will obviously continue our SMISA Membership absolutely.Clubs like Killie Thistle County ICT Hamilton and of course Sevco have all played in the third tier and bounced back.Although I have not seen Craig play perhaps the reason he has not played first team football much could be down to Shinnie McLean Jack and others.Time to stop the negativity of course none of us are happy this season but I am personally enjoying young guys like Magennis and McAllistair breaking through.Happy New Year.COYS

2 hours ago, div said:

As expected, 20 year old Aberdeen midfielder Craig Storie has signed for Saints on loan to the end of the season.

Won't feature against QoS this week, he joins the squad start of next week. Not entirely sure why but assume he might be away on hols with the Premiership clubs on winter break. Just guessing though.

Will be formally announced later today.

Gordon should stop telling you things

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Kudos for the first negative post on the thread! :clapping

Still only 20 but as we're giving him this weekend off he'll be 21 by the time he is available, maybe he only plays after eating cake. Seems a touch complacent generous on our part given that we all reckon Saturday's is a must win game.

With only 2 sub appearances so far this season clocking in at 9 minutes plus stoppage time we better hope he gets match fit quick.

On 12/22/2016 at 11:37 AM, Drew said:

Just spoken with my Dons supperting colleague about the player.

Seems he is rated highly. Described as a box-to-box type of midfielder as opposed to traditional holding. Good for a few goals, and takes penalties quite often.

The way Storie was described put me in mind of Steven Thomson. A tenacious player, not scared to go into a challenge, but with some creativity. My colleague likened his style of play to that of Alex Neil. That would do me!

Bumped from Rumour Mill thread.

Sounds like a decent fit.

Kudos for the first negative post on the thread! :clapping

Still only 20 but as we're giving him this weekend off he'll be 21 by the time he is available, maybe he only plays after eating cake. Seems a touch complacent generous on our part given that we all reckon Saturday's is a must win game.

With only 2 sub appearances so far this season clocking in at 9 minutes plus stoppage time we better hope he gets match fit quick.

I reckon he's injured. His arse will still be recovering from having been ripped a new one by ex Wishaw Wycombe lads in the 10-1 defeat. Never mind I'm sure this sex pest with an ego the size of Renfrewshire will be just what St Mirren need to round off a great season

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Are you condoning a sexual violent motivated act now?

Going by that post you've quoted, Mr Dickson has now gone beyond parody. Time for him to do a Sacha Baron Cohen, call it quits with this character and come back with a new one. I await his appearance with interest.

Edited by Stu

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I reckon he's injured. His arse will still be recovering from having been ripped a new one by ex Wishaw Wycombe lads in the 10-1 defeat. Never mind I'm sure this sex pest with an ego the size of Renfrewshire will be just what St Mirren need to round off a great season

What a thoroughly bitter and twisted post. I try to avoid your increasingly tawdry slabberings, but sometimes you need to be called out for the toxic shite you post on here.

New Year, Stuart, new hobby, perhaps?

35 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Are you pished Stuart? A bit far....even for you!