electronic scoreboard birthday wish

Any Buddie know the procedure for getting my grandson's birthday announcement on the Scoreboard at the 2021 stadium this weekend?

I requested by phoning the club then emailing them as well when advised.

They failed to do it.

ETA; I've only had reason to mail them 4 separate occasions, only got a reply once.

So good luck , I'd follow it up with a call.

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

They failed to do it.

ETA; I've only had reason to mail them 4 separate occasions, only got a reply once.

Hmm, are you on the same ignore list as me? :rolleyes:

I believe this will get done though. The guy who operates the scoreboard appears to be aware of it. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

why dont we sponsor the scoreboard out ever home game to a local company.  The can have thier name flashed every so often.  Lets charge say £10 to get a birthday wish. Not big money but money we dont have ? 

It cost me the last time I put my grandson's announcement on the board. I can't remember how much and it was when the old site was running, hence why I needed to get new info.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

why dont we sponsor the scoreboard out ever home game to a local company.  The can have thier name flashed every so often.  Lets charge say £10 to get a birthday wish. Not big money but money we dont have ? 

There are ads on the scoreboard permanently throughout the game and other ads, including video ads, appear during breaks in play and at half time.

3 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

There are ads on the scoreboard permanently throughout the game and other ads, including video ads, appear during breaks in play and at half time.

Don't dishearten him. He may have more ideas. 

What I would say though is that St Lucifer has a point. Shouldn't the birthday greetings thing be part of the new website, with the opportunity to send your message and to pay for it all online? It's seems like a bit of an omission?

19 hours ago, whydowebother said:

They failed to do it.

Can you let me know what email address or method you used to contact the club mate?

15 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Shouldn't the birthday greetings thing be part of the new website, with the opportunity to send your message and to pay for it all online? It's seems like a bit of an omission?

Yes that is a decent shout, I will speak to Alan and see if we can add this to the e-store.

15 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

What I would say though is that St Lucifer has a point. Shouldn't the birthday greetings thing be part of the new website, with the opportunity to send your message and to pay for it all online? It's seems like a bit of an omission?

A post that makes sense, has no digs at the current or past admin, may be a genuinely reasonable and positive suggestion.

Someone's nicked the Wishaw poster's password!  :o

I blame the SNP.

17 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Don't dishearten him. He may have more ideas. 

As it turns out there is an online facility with an option to pay online or over the phone, of sorts.. I agree it should be more obvious as to how to go about it. It was on the old site but I can't find it on the .com site. An oversight which I'm sure will be corrected. GET IT SORTED DIV!

For those who might want to know. Contact via Alan's suggestion,, or "[email protected]" and phone reception to pay.

Meant to say. £10 or £20 if you include a picture.

Edited by stlucifer

37 minutes ago, HSS said:

Should we be charging Fans to get a request on the scoreboard?

That's the way it's been since it was installed. Not saying it's fair as I believe some one off visitors can get a free announcement but my grandson plays with Saints' 09 so he will be chuffed to see his name "in lights" on Saturday.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:03 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just NAW

Charging parents to have a birthday wish for the weans?

You are a miserable bugger, miserable bugger indeed.

Right I'm away for a pish