Dunfermline V St mirren (14th January)

At least we have a couple of new faces in.  I am sure we have a couple more youth players ready to come in and do a better job than Irvine, Webster and Clarkson.  There need to be consequences for last weeks shambles.

Only 7 points behind Ayr still.  Big performance needed now.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:24 PM, stlucifer said:

It might have escaped your notice. We HAVE ended our horrendous run. The two wins are recent. Unfortunately our "good run" has been way short of good enough. I cannot see a result against the Pars unless we get new faces in. Preferably 8.

No wins in a month. Marvellous.

37 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Was through in Dunfermline today . The Dung supporting lads (& there weren`t many!) in my customer all reckon they just have to turn up to claim the points. Would love to prove them wrong

COYS .

They are going well and full of confidence

If we get a decent defender in it will make all the difference to use

It's more or less the same faces back there making basic simple mistakes every single week that is killing us

Really need to sort this out to have any chance

The last time we scored 3 there and still got beat

57 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Three new signings now will we get that bounce we so desperately need?

If ever we needed a result it's this Saturday.

Desperate for 3 points, 3 new faces and, all of a sudden, some more hope and expectation.

I'm changing my prediction...............Dunfermline 2-2 St Mirren in a thriller. :wink:

We have started games pretty well recently but fell away after 60 mins when Quinn had to go off and we started messing about with subs that were not good enough. Hopefully the 4 new guys will provide the depth and quality that make the difference. I imagine Loy will be a starter. Think the other 3 will be on the bench.

Edited by Sonny

I would think Loy and Storie have to start. To have a nasty wee midfielder who can allegedly play a bit, and a proven striker at our disposal, and let's face it after Saturday you could drop all 11, it would be madness not to start them. Of course as long as they are, or are close to, fit enough. Not sure about Pal, maybe he could sit with his chums on the bench!

If Storie is a player in the Quinn mould then I would start Quinn and swap him with Storie when he tires around the 60 minute mark. I'd go with..

Gallagher

Naismith           Mckenzie          Fjelde (if match fit)      Irvine

Morgan         Mallen       Quinn            McAllister

Sutton         Loy

Said last week I thought we needed to win at least 6 of our next 13 games if we were going to have a chance of staying up. That home fixture to QOTS was one of the easiest of the 13... Oh well.

We now need to win at least 6 of the next 12. This almost unprecedented run of form (when did we last win 6 out of 12 league games?) has to start somewhere and it has to start soon.

I would start all of the new signings, after last weeks disgrace we need to ring the changes. Something like:

Gallagher

Naismith-Baird-McKenzie-Pal
Todd-Storie-Mallan-McAllister
Loy-Sutton

No idea if Pal can play left back, but I do know Gary Irvine can't. So he won't be worse. Draws aren't any use so we need to go for it in every game now.

1-1.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, shull said:

We will not lose or draw as this is a must win match and last chance saloon. 

DAFC 1 SMFC 3

Crowd 4487

Says Shull and Fitzy

Well I am homeless now after betting it last week.............. so my bin bag on 2-1 Saints 

I will not make a prediction as to the result.  I will not, I will not and I will bloody not.

However, after hitting the preverbial rock bottom against the Queen of the South football club first team playing squad last week the only way is up.  The players should be playing for pride and I also expect our new additions to add a freshness and an unpredictable element to our otherwise stodgy play.  As such I fully expect my team, the team that this forum is basically all about to fight like baited dogs tomorrow and outplay our adversaries.  Of course I wont be travelling to the game but I have wagered £20 on my team (along with Arsenal and Tottenham) on a cheeky wee accumulator bet (or acca as it seems to be called now).  I fully expect a profit from my wager and I will be in the healthy position at 5pm whereby I can put an extra few pounds into my funeral fund.

Mon you underachieving runts tomorrow you can help pay for the song pamphlets on the day of my final farewell.  Do not let an old man down!

7 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I will not make a prediction as to the result.  I will not, I will not and I will bloody not.

However, after hitting the preverbial rock bottom against the Queen of the South football club first team playing squad last week the only way is up.  The players should be playing for pride and I also expect our new additions to add a freshness and an unpredictable element to our otherwise stodgy play.  As such I fully expect my team, the team that this forum is basically all about to fight like baited dogs tomorrow and outplay our adversaries.  Of course I wont be travelling to the game but I have wagered £20 on my team (along with Arsenal and Tottenham) on a cheeky wee accumulator bet (or acca as it seems to be called now).  I fully expect a profit from my wager and I will be in the healthy position at 5pm whereby I can put an extra few pounds into my funeral fund.

Mon you underachieving runts tomorrow you can help pay for the song pamphlets on the day of my final farewell.  Do not let an old man down!

Well said , well said indeed .