Dunfermline V St mirren (14th January)

At this rate the happy clappers will be teetering on the brink of admitting our good run is over. Is that 5 or 6 games without a win if things stay the same?

Just the 5. We are playing better though, apparently we were on top for the first ten minutes. Just got a bit unlucky.

Keep the faith, season starts here... etc etc.

St Mirren were probably the better side in the first twenty without achieving much, good pressuring in the middle. Even then though we still had two good chances in that time, since about twenty minutes in though we've been the better side. 

You're best chance looks like scoring from a corner, you're playing a 4-4-2 with Mallan wide left who is leaving Irvine to get roasted. 

Each time I see your line up I think it looks a good championship team but there's far too many players in your team getting by on reputation, defence seems a major concern. 

Game isn't over by any means though. 

The bad news is that with 3 shots on target in the first half that's our quota used up for the 90 minutes.

Worried about how Jack Ross reads where our weaknesses have been. Window opens, 4 players out so far, 3 or 4 in (has Todd been conformed yet?), and the first players to be dropped from the starting XI are Magennis and Morgan (and Scott Gallacher). We have the worst defensive record in the league, back 4 unchanged.

#thanksjack

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Loy has had some quality touches, but not involved enough. Storie looks off the pace, but to be expected I suppose. Unlucky with McKenzie header off post near HT, but we're second best in midfield. Irvine one foul away from early bath. Getting really exposed at the back. Dunfermline will score again at this rate I'm afraid.
Forgot how much Collum gets on my tits. Good chance of red in second half.
If we can turn this around I'd be amazed but delighted.

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

At this rate the happy clappers will be teetering on the brink of admitting our good run is over. Is that 5 or 6 games without a win if things stay the same?

Who are the happy clappers? I can't say I've seen much in the way of happy clapping recently.

Are you referring to those who haven't given up all hope yet? Those who haven't quite thrown in the towel? Those who don't seem to be relishing our journey round the U-bend?

I'd call that supporting your club.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Who are the happy clappers? I can't say I've seen much in the way of happy clapping recently.

Are you referring to those who haven't given up all hope yet? Those who haven't quite thrown in the towel? Those who don't seem to be relishing our journey round the U-bend?

I'd call that supporting your club.

You're supposed to smugly say how crap we are, definitely down, manager shite, in the hope that everyone forgets if we manage to stay up, and you look dead clever if we go down....

#ToldYouSo

1-1 MacKenzie as i speak.

Edited by Soctty

St Mirren were probably the better side in the first twenty without achieving much, good pressuring in the middle. Even then though we still had two good chances in that time, since about twenty minutes in though we've been the better side. 
You're best chance looks like scoring from a corner, you're playing a 4-4-2 with Mallan wide left who is leaving Irvine to get roasted. 

Each time I see your line up I think it looks a good championship team but there's far too many players in your team getting by on reputation, defence seems a major concern. 

An accurate assessment of our team. You are right about Mallan. Overweight, slow and questionable commitment. Living off his wonder goal at Dens and his admittedly, great delivery at set pieces.

Indeed

I was one who thought Kelly wasn't good enough. I remain of the same opinion.

Meanwhile he is doing well in English League 1 - which is a far higher standard than the Scottish Championship - while we rot at the bottom of the league with an over the hill right back playing left back every week.

Looks like you called that wrong, along with Alex Rae.