Dunfermline V St mirren (14th January)

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

And?

We're playing better and on a better run but have made up 3 points on a team who last won almost 3 months ago.

Has there been any problems with the deal with Gallagher leaving and Todd arriving. Dumbarton only had 4 subs today and Gallagher wasn't in starting XI or on the bench,

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Thought police out again. Your point is if my opinion isn't a ' we will be fine, KTF ' one then I shouldn't express it?

I say what I see. What i see is a team drifting to relegation without a fight by Easter. This certainly doesn't make me feel good.

No my point is positive encouragement is more likely to benefit the team and the manager than unrelenting negativity.

Many on here see the same things as you do but refrain from stating the obvious when it is likely to have a detrimental effect on the team's confidence.

Constructive criticism is one thing but unceasing negativity from day one is unlikely to have any beneficial impact on the team you support - so why pursue it?

We have to remain positive and hope the new players gel quickly and we can get some wins and climb the table.

I know it's hard to remain positive in our current situation but we have to.

I want to see a good bond form between the player's and fans that helps us fight as one to get us out of this mess.

There is hope there buddies and we have to cling onto it. Stay positive buddies.

We're playing better and on a better run but have made up 3 points on a team who last won almost 3 months ago.
Has there been any problems with the deal with Gallagher leaving and Todd arriving. Dumbarton only had 4 subs today and Gallagher wasn't in starting XI or on the bench,

There are still lots of games to play, and we win more games. The past is now irrelevant - look forward only.

No my point is positive encouragement is more likely to benefit the team and the manager than unrelenting negativity.
Many on here see the same things as you do but refrain from stating the obvious when it is likely to have a detrimental effect on the team's confidence.
Constructive criticism is one thing but unceasing negativity from day one is unlikely to have any beneficial impact on the team you support - so why pursue it?

So again, your point is that because my opinion is different from yours I should just keep quiet?

So much for a fans forum :lol: Perhaps we should have a happy clappers bin where only positive opinions are allowed?

Sadly for you I am going to keep posting what I think on this forum every week. Again, stick me on ignore if you don't think I should or if you don't want to read my posts, cheers.

Let's just cut the slack ...... Get prepared for the drop now! ... We basically don't have a hope in hell catching anyone ... We are in the downward spiral and will hit bottom very soon .... Let's see who has the stomach to follow our team then ... I have always been a true Buddy .. So it dark times .. There will be light! ... 

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So again, your point is that because my opinion is different from yours I should just keep quiet?

So much for a fans forum :lol: Perhaps we should have a happy clappers bin where only positive opinions are allowed?

Sadly for you I am going to keep posting what I think on this forum every week. Again, stick me on ignore if you don't think I should or if you don't want to read my posts, cheers.

TopCat of course you are entitled to your opinion.  I always remember you as a positive poster. Now it's changed days and notable since Jack Ross was appointed.  I'm all for your opinion makes for a healthy debate if a frustrating one. 

2 minutes ago, Nigerian Panda said:

Let's just cut the slack ...... Get prepared for the drop now! ... We basically don't have a hope in hell catching anyone ... We are in the downward spiral and will hit bottom very soon .... Let's see who has the stomach to follow our team then ... I have always been a true Buddy .. So it dark times .. There will be light! ... 

Yes it will be a hard fight but we are not down yet mate. Never give up. 

2 minutes ago, Nigerian Panda said:

This, nutshells, nails on the head etc. Pretty much how to approach the situation. Prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. Tough to see us escaping the drop from here but nit impossible. I for one will be behind us come what may. Every spiral has a bottom and if ours happens to be in the third tier so be it. Nowt we as fans can do bar support the team, the rest is up to the players and management. As for today, in most circumstances a draw at EEP would be a reasonable result, yes we need wins but in isolation it's not a bad result today. Pity Ayr got an excellent point at Falkirk.

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The first 'cheer' from you for quite a while!

Hopefully there will be more to come!

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

This, nutshells, nails on the head etc. Pretty much how to approach the situation. Prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. Tough to see us escaping the drop from here but nit impossible. I for one will be behind us come what may. Every spiral has a bottom and if ours happens to be in the third tier so be it. Nowt we as fans can do bar support the team, the rest is up to the players and management. As for today, in most circumstances a draw at EEP would be a reasonable result, yes we need wins but in isolation it's not a bad result today. Pity Ayr got an excellent point at Falkirk.

Yup. A pity Ayr got a point at Falkirk, a pity Queens could get a point at Dundee United, and a pity Dumbarton were able to beat Dundee United while we went there recently, took the lead and still lost. It's also a pity that into this run of five games with four of them against teams we 'must beat' we have so far managed to be gubbed at home by Queens and draw with Dunfermline.

The next league game must be close to being in 'must, must, must win' territory. Still got some blind faith rattling around in my tank somewhere, but the weeks are chalking off and off. Before we know it the dreaded 'arithmetically impossible' gets a dusting down.

Pah, bah humbug, wank tank....  <_<

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

So should we, as supporters, stop supporting our team (and manager) and offering encouragement?

TC has been negative about JR from day one. What good does that do other than make TC feel good?

I wasn't speaking to his other posts, just that one.

Better performance 2nd half and a good point in the end against a team on a good run. Thought the team showed more fight after HT. Good backing from the fans can't be underestimated. The players need our backing like today. Thought Langfield played well and Baird did well when he came on for Webster.
Morgan could've and maybe should've nicked it at the end. McAllister, Morgan and Magennis have a lot of talent and are exciting to watch, especially McAllister, but their decision making is understandably a wee bit raw.
Loy looks like he could be vital for us this season when he gets up to speed. Jury still out on Storie, but big ask to come straight in and for the full 90. Playing the full game won't have done Loy or him any harm though.
My wee lad is relieved that his Pars supporting teacher can't rip the piss out of him this time round.

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Better performance 2nd half and a good point in the end against a team on a good run. Thought the team showed more fight after HT. Good backing from the fans can't be underestimated. The players need our backing like today. Thought Langfield played well and Baird did well when he came on for Webster.
Morgan could've and maybe should've nicked it at the end. McAllister, Morgan and Magennis have a lot of talent and are exciting to watch, especially McAllister, but their decision making is understandably a wee bit raw.
Loy looks like he could be vital for us this season when he gets up to speed. Jury still out on Storie, but big ask to come straight in and for the full 90. Playing the full game won't have done Loy or him any harm though.
My wee lad is relieved that his Pars supporting teacher can't rip the piss out of him this time round.

I'm Surprised Webster started in the first place

As shown time and time again himself and McKenzie doesn't work

Our defence is a shambles and won't win games until it's sorted

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Do you think the rest of us are not aware of this situation that we need you to constantly remind us?

It's an ongoing situation.

This is a Forum about St Mirren and Top Cat is doing and saying nothing wrong.

Do you want all the realists in the SIN BIN ?

We all support St Mirren.

Unfortunately , we are shite.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Top Cat, Elvis & the rest of us are all St Mirren Supporters.

Simple as that.

And we are all unhappy with the present situation.

And we can express our opinion about it without superdooper fandans pulling rank.

We unconditionally love our Club , but at times they scarcely deserve it, especially the shite players.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Another correct score, should really start betting on these.

Yet another desperately poor day for us. Yet another week gone by without any meaningful inroads into the yawning gap between us and the pack. No ground at all made up on Ayr who had a more difficult game than us. Five games without a win now, this hopeless run starting after we had 'turned the corner' apparently.

Just the 1 point from 2 very winnable games against QOTS and Dunfermline. Not nearly enough for a team cut adrift at the bottom.

It's getting grimmer and grimmer by the week.

Div, any chance you can switch B&W to the same  reputation system as you have on P&B.

So want to down vote posts like this!