Scotland - It's no' that bad really.

pozbaird

Just to add to our beloved country. Coming home for me is too notice how fresh the air is , crisp clean. The green fields ; trees.  Next is Scottish hospitality/crack patter. However the world is a wonderful planet everywhere has something beautiful with special people.  Coming home is a buzz and a half, Scotland is in the top five places i have ever encountered we are right up there for scenery and hospitality.  Scotland is special make no mistake.  

Thats exactly where it is , I live on Wyndham Road. How do you know the area? 

I used to play around that area a lot as a kid, my aunt and uncle owned the Clarks shoe shop on Montague street for about 20 years until it was demolished, god must be about 25 years ago now! They stayed in Shore road at Port Bannatyne. My uncle died about a year ago, but my aunt still stays on the island, in Rothesay now though, not down at the port. My cousin and her husband were both brought up on the island, and her husband's dad owned the Argyle Arms for a long time until he semi-retired a few years ago (though he still does the music at weekends and still does a weekly turn at the Glenburn). I know a good few folk on the island through all of them, and usually still spend a week or two on the island every spring or summer staying at one of the houses round toward Craigmore. Enjoy a pint in the Golfers in particular and a few of the other local watering holes!! :)

21 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

I used to play around that area a lot as a kid, my aunt and uncle owned the Clarks shoe shop on Montague street for about 20 years until it was demolished, god must be about 25 years ago now! They stayed in Shore road at Port Bannatyne. My uncle died about a year ago, but my aunt still stays on the island, in Rothesay now though, not down at the port. My cousin and her husband were both brought up on the island, and her husband's dad owned the Argyle Arms for a long time until he semi-retired a few years ago (though he still does the music at weekends and still does a weekly turn at the Glenburn). I know a good few folk on the island through all of them, and usually still spend a week or two on the island every spring or summer staying at one of the houses round toward Craigmore. Enjoy a pint in the Golfers in particular and a few of the other local watering holes!! :)

If you are ever over PM me and will meet you for a pint. Golfers is a good bar. Ardbeg  Lodge has been taken over by an American guy. He is doing a hell of a job well worth a visit. Small world though impressed you recognise the area. 

If you are ever over PM me and will meet you for a pint. Golfers is a good bar. Ardbeg  Lodge has been taken over by an American guy. He is doing a hell of a job well worth a visit. Small world though impressed you recognise the area. 

Will do. I know I'll be over for a week in the summer, maybe before that at some point.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I recognised it too.

My grand parents owned a property in Marine Road Port Bannatyne and we spent about 18 years of summer, Easter  October holidays down there.

The photo of Port Bannatyne pier reminded me of the time I was emptying sand out of my sandal at the end of the pier and I accidentally dropped it into the sea.

Really, must make an effort to get back down at some point.

I recognised it too.
My grand parents owned a property in Marine Road Port Bannatyne and we spent about 18 years of summer, Easter  October holidays down there.
The photo of Port Bannatyne pier reminded me of the time I was emptying sand out of my sandal at the end of the pier and I accidentally dropped it into the sea.
Really, must make an effort to get back down at some point.

I doubt the sandal will fit you now.

I suggest you move on :P

30 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

The first picture is taken from the door of our cottage on Tiree looking West towards Scarinish, the second is looking East across Gott Bay also on Tiree.

IMG_0660.JPG

April152013 145.JPG

Beaches like the Caribbean must be great  in good weather.  Tobermory is not too far away have you tried Cafe Fish,  great place have even traveled up for one night just to eat there. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Beaches like the Caribbean must be great  in good weather.  Tobermory is not too far away have you tried Cafe Fish,  great place have even traveled up for one night just to eat there. 

Beaches are fantastic IoBS and has a cracking Music Festival in July which would probably be right up your street if your postings are anything to go by.

My brother lives in Tobermory and Café Fish is indeed a splendid place to eat..........personal preferences are EE-Usk (on the North Pier) or The Waterfront Fishhouse  (on the Railway Pier) in Oban.

31 minutes ago, pod said:

Or low cloud.IMG_2894.JPG

See, that's where I'd disagree with you.

I just love being up a hill in those conditions, cold in the glens, dreich, misty and you climb through those clouds to sunlit uplands and a sunny world! :) 

I think cloud inversion ('low cloud', indeed!) is one of the delights of Scotland.

(Along with the Haar.  That thrills and almost scares me... when I see it approach in all its towering majesty across the (usually) North Sea.)