Jack Ross Must Go.

What's the point of that? There is a manager in the game that could shape team out of this squad of individuals.

There just seems to be willingness to ignore the fact that something is rotten at the core of our football club and it has been that way since at least the move to GHR.....the arrival of GLS and fan ownership won't change a damn thing.

Are we in a position to pay off another management team?

We'd have to try and sell Naismith, Mallan, really anyone we could get cash for, accept relegation as inevitable and bring in a guy with a plan. The worst part of this scenario is it might be better than sticking with JR.

My choice at the last two managerial changes was Steve Aitken.............:zipit

I just don't understand what is happening at the club! Since we sacked DL it's been disaster after disaster even though the board had changed, the majority owners have changed, the managers have changed, the MD has changed, players are almost wholesale changed... clearly something is rotten but I'm not sure what it can be!

I don't see the point in (or the finances being available to be) paying off another management team. We may as well go down (inevitable now) and stick with Ross et al, put full trust in him, support him and hope he blossoms into a manager who can rebuild.

While I'm not advocating yet another change of manager, the willingness of some people to continue trotting out the excuse that he needs time to assemble his own squad is incredible. It was mentioned as soon as he was appointed - bizarre given there was the best part of three months until the window opened at that point. It's almost as if the rest of the club has adopted that approach too, given our results and performances since then. And where are these new players? Gary Naysmith was appointed in early December and had three new arrivals within a week of the transfer window opening, all who played a key part today. Ross has been in post since early October, knows the deficiencies yet has managed one signing - who, for some reason, couldn't sodden play - and the same excuses we've heard in January transfer windows year after year, manager after manager.

I have sympathy for the view he needs to bring in his own players but that does not explain bizarre tactics and subs today and the lack of fight, desire and passion in that team. No one seemed to care and there was no urgency to get back into the game. It was summed up when Sutton rushed to take a throw, Irvine grabbed the ball then took a good 10 seconds to take it. Our throw-ins wasted far more time than their goalie!

So yes, he needs to get his own players in but that isn't the only problem.

If a manager who has 30 games from 36 to manage and then takes a team down , then he should be sacked.

No point blaming previous managers / squads etc , if after 6 games of the season he took charge , 30 games is enough time for a decent manager to rectify it.

We are not down yet however , so therefore he should be left in place until the end of the season.

After that however ( if relegated ) how can anyone justify keeping him on ? We are playing better ? That'll be enough eh ?

We'd have to try and sell Naismith, Mallan, really anyone we could get cash for, accept relegation as inevitable and bring in a guy with a plan. The worst part of this scenario is it might be better than sticking with JR.
My choice at the last two managerial changes was Steve Aitken.............:zipit

Naismith has already signed for Ross County to join in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

While I'm not advocating yet another change of manager, the willingness of some people to continue trotting out the excuse that he needs time to assemble his own squad is incredible. It was mentioned as soon as he was appointed - bizarre given there was the best part of three months until the window opened at that point. It's almost as if the rest of the club has adopted that approach too, given our results and performances since then. And where are these new players? Gary Naysmith was appointed in early December and had three new arrivals within a week of the transfer window opening, all who played a key part today. Ross has been in post since early October, knows the deficiencies yet has managed one signing - who, for some reason, couldn't sodden play - and the same excuses we've heard in January transfer windows year after year, manager after manager.

I have sympathy for the view he needs to bring in his own players but that does not explain bizarre tactics and subs today and the lack of fight, desire and passion in that team. No one seemed to care and there was no urgency to get back into the game. It was summed up when Sutton rushed to take a throw, Irvine grabbed the ball then took a good 10 seconds to take it. Our throw-ins wasted far more time than their goalie!

So yes, he needs to get his own players in but that isn't the only problem.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Ross is blameless.

He has clearly made mistakes, but, given the position we are in, every error in judgement tends to be more critical. It sounds as though today was a terrible performance, and he has to carry the can for that. No excuses.  Unfortunately (for Jack Ross and the rest of us), he has absolutely no margin for error.  That is why I have a degree of sympathy for his position. Aside from that, the club has been in terminal decline for a few years, and he joined us after the rot had well and truly set in.  I can't get my head round what is behind that, though have a few ideas as to who are most culpable, and Jack Ross is quite far down that list.

Edited by Drew

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Ross is blameless.

He has clearly made mistakes, but, given the position we are in, every error in judgement tends to be more critical. It sounds as though today was a terrible performance, and he has to carry the can for that. No excuses.  Unfortunately (for Jack Ross and the rest of us), he has absolutely no margin for error.  That is why I have a degree of sympathy for his position. Aside from that, the club has been in terminal decline for a few years, and he joined us after the rot had well and truly set in.  I can't get my head round what is behind that, though have a few ideas as to who are most culpable, and Jack Ross is quite far down that list.

Most culpable? Oh aye - it'll be the lunatics who defend the manager, the CEO, the Chairman, the last Chairman, and SMiSA, when clearly none of them are remotely competent. Next on the list would be the many who are prepared to defend Stevie Mallan's inept performances whilst offering up the excuse that although he's a central midfielder playing in central midfield he's being played out of position. Then there's the list of delusional happy clappers who claim there is no problem at Paisley and that everything is perfect - and who defend the utter flop that Ralston has been since that was set up. 

38 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Aye and Ian Murray. This is a time where the team need us if we are to get out of this mess. Yes we are all hurting but backing the team is a must. Good one TopCat well done glad you can work out paying off another manager is constructive. I would bet you £50 we make the play off. But you did not pay last seasons bet to Northend Saints charity of choice even though it was you who wanted to bet. Fet a grip and back the team. 

Just heard his comments on BBC. Comes across well again. Have to agree with him as to attitude of players on park. As things stand do not see point of sacking him. If players had delivered like they have done for long parts of recent games we would have buried queens today. Three weeks to get in some players and look to catching Ayr or Dumbarton for play offs

Just heard his comments on BBC. Comes across well again. Have to agree with him as to attitude of players on park. As things stand do not see point of sacking him. If players had delivered like they have done for long parts of recent games we would have buried queens today. Three weeks to get in some players and look to catching Ayr or Dumbarton for play offs

The 'he comes across well in interviews' & 'we're playing better' isn't putting points on the board though.

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Most culpable? Oh aye - it'll be the lunatics who defend the manager, the CEO, the Chairman, the last Chairman, and SMiSA, when clearly none of them are remotely competent. Next on the list would be the many who are prepared to defend Stevie Mallan's inept performances whilst offering up the excuse that although he's a central midfielder playing in central midfield he's being played out of position. Then there's the list of delusional happy clappers who claim there is no problem at Paisley and that everything is perfect - and who defend the utter flop that Ralston has been since that was set up. 

You must have had a big hard one when this thread was started. 

If a manager who has 30 games from 36 to manage and then takes a team down , then he should be sacked.

No point blaming previous managers / squads etc , if after 6 games of the season he took charge , 30 games is enough time for a decent manager to rectify it.

We are not down yet however , so therefore he should be left in place until the end of the season.

After that however ( if relegated ) how can anyone justify keeping him on ? We are playing better ? That'll be enough eh ?

What a lot of shite. Alex Rae put this squad together. JR deserves a transfer window and a close season. The managerial merry go round has played a huge part in the massive pile of shit St Mirren Football Club is in!