Jack Ross Must Go.

What a lot of shite. Alex Rae put this squad together. JR deserves a transfer window and a close season. The managerial merry go round has played a huge part in the massive pile of shit St Mirren Football Club is in!

Only my opinion , yours is different , no harm in that.

ETA ; it's always someone else's fault , no part in the blame for current manager or players on the pitch who in last 14 games have kept us rooted to the foot of the table then ?

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye and Ian Murray. This is a time where the team need us if we are to get out of this mess. Yes we are all hurting but backing the team is a must. Good one TopCat well done glad you can work out paying off another manager is constructive. I would bet you £50 we make the play off. But you did not pay last seasons bet to Northend Saints charity of choice even though it was you who wanted to bet. Fet a grip and back the team. 

Spot on well said . What I just cannot believe as IVE said before why is it that Gordon Scott gets off the hook ? He sacked Alex Rae after a hanful of games and that's the 1 reason we are in this mess . I'd have fully supported getting rid of RAE at the end of the season as we would still have had Championship status . I think we are heading for a play off spot and will stay up . Scott has to take responsibility and should resign now and give the place a lift

I didn't think he was the right man at the time, I felt we needed someone with experience and a knack making teams hard to beat, basically Gus but i understood a high percentage of fans would have been against him from the start.

Gus till the Summer to stabilise us with the view of appointing someone like Ross would have been my approach but getting rid of Ross now is pretty pointless. Can't keep chucking managers.

I think we underestimated just how vital Brian Caldwell was.

Ross has to get the window to at least try and get his own players in .. the chairman said this wasn't a short term appointment so his credibility is at stake here too. 

Today was dire, totally dire but a manager should at least get the opportunity to bring players in who he sees fits how he wants to play etc.

with money being in short supply I don't hold out much hope but sacking Ross isn't the answer .. in my opinion , we look doomed anyway 

2 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

I didn't think he was the right man at the time, I felt we needed someone with experience and a knack making teams hard to beat, basically Gus but i understood a high percentage of fans would have been against him from the start.

Gus till the Summer to stabilise us with the view of appointing someone like Ross would have been my approach but getting rid of Ross now is pretty pointless. Can't keep chucking managers.

Seriously,  christ i need to leave the forum tonight the nutters are out in force. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Enough.

Tick, tock.

Pish. He has the worst squad I have ever had the misfortune to witness and little money to do anything about it. This week he tried to sign John Rankin but could not match QoS FFS ( © Drew) . And whether you like it or not he will be here even if we go down so get used to it and stop peddling the same shit after every single game. It achieves nothing.

1 hour ago, Dalrybud said:

What's the point of that? There is a manager in the game that could shape team out of this squad of individuals.

There just seems to be willingness to ignore the fact that something is rotten at the core of our football club and it has been that way since at least the move to GHR.....the arrival of GLS and fan ownership won't change a damn thing.

So before the move to Greenhill Road we were at Love Street and had been back in the SPL for a few seasons under Gus. How far back would you like to trace the rot? The appoinment of Gus (who improved things greatly after Coughlin?). The appointment of Danny Lennon who delivred 2 8th place finishes which were our highest league placing in 25+ years and won a national trophy? There was nothing inevitable about getting relegated this season with the bulk of last season's squad who had finished 6th in the same league and adding in guys like Sutton, Hutton and young guys like Magennis and McAllister.

Bang on with the BC point. Was responsible for more good players coming to Paisley than many managers

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye and Ian Murray. This is a time where the team need us if we are to get out of this mess. Yes we are all hurting but backing the team is a must.

Yeah I supported Ian Murray's appointment, so what, he was a logical choice at the time, the best of the up&comers. It didn't work out and he fell on his sword when he realized this - with a record that is better than Ross currently has!

Ross was the third (?) pick this season after the more favoured candidates has knocked us back. Nobody is saying he's solely responsible for where we are GS & TF should both take a look in the mirror. The question is whether Ross is the right man to take us from "right here, right now"? I've already acknowledged that it would be a semi-apocalyptic deciaion to sack him but it's a sign of how bad things currently are that I'm willing to think about it.

The question I've posed elsewhere is just how badly his standing with the fans will be if we do go down - I still think that 9th place and the relegation play-offs is achievable and that might cut him some slack.

10 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Pish. He has the worst squad I have ever had the misfortune to witness and little money to do anything about it. This week he tried to sign John Rankin but could not match QoS FFS ( © Drew) . And whether you like it or not he will be here even if we go down so get used to it and stop peddling the same shit after every single game. It achieves nothing.

Sad times indeed where QOS can beat our bdget , however  would stll have Storie time will tell. 

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah I supported Ian Murray's appointment, so what, he was a logical choice at the time, the best of the up&comers. It didn't work out and he fell on his sword when he realized this - with a record that is better than Ross currently has!

Ross was the third (?) pick this season after the more favoured candidates has knocked us back. Nobody is saying he's solely responsible for where we are GS & TF should both take a look in the mirror. The question is whether Ross is the right man to take us from "right here, right now"? I've already acknowledged that it would be a semi-apocalyptic deciaion to sack him but it's a sign of how bad things currently are that I'm willing to think about it.

The question I've posed elsewhere is just how badly his standing with the fans will be if we do go down - I still think that 9th place and the relegation play-offs is achievable and that might cut him some slack.

We have been here before Colin you were calling for Murray well before he was appointed. I kept pointing out goals against.  Anyway that is history to call for Ross to be sacked is nothing short of complete NUTS. 

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Seriously,  christ i need to leave the forum tonight the nutters are out in force. 

And you think out of supposedly 50 good applications (even before the CEO went to press asking female managers to apply) Ross's results in July - September made him the only candidate worth considering?

1 minute ago, ScotstounSaint said:

I've no idea why he would go into the crowd to argue with a fan. Whether the fan is an idiot or not.
Sounds to me like a distraction to his regular, woeful substitutions and the lack of motivation in his team.

Mr Motivator couldn't motivate that team . 

This shambles isn't Jack Ross's fault . He hasn't signed any of them . 

True mate everyone entitled to theirs.

I'm not saying JR hasn't made mistakes but he is way down the it's (enter name) fault list.

FWIW my list goes like this

1. Previous BOD
2. Current Squad
3. Alex Rae
4. Tommy Craig
5. Calum Ball
6. Ross Tokely
7. Arthur Boruc
8. Ian Harte
9. Tesco
10 Possibly now Jack Ross

I think that's it , it's an accumulation of many things. I said in my post I don't think he should be sacked this season.

I think however if he plays his part in taking us down , then it's an option ,but he should not be sacked mid season , we are not down yet & I still think we can get out of this.

I might be kidding myself on but some people that say he interviews well & we are playing better is good enough for now , simply isn't improving our league position.

Still , let's hope for some new faces soon.

We have 13 games to get into the position to survive.

38 minutes ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

What a lot of shite. Alex Rae put this squad together. JR deserves a transfer window and a close season. The managerial merry go round has played a huge part in the massive pile of shit St Mirren Football Club is in!

Absolutely, Jack Ross deserves to see the season out. Hopefully can bring a couple of players in (get rid of some too) that can strengthen us. Today was dire, probably the worse game ive seen all season and tbh im accepting relegation now. If we stay up then bonus but sacking another manager mid season is not the answer.

Ever since we won the league cup we've been a club going backwards. Sad times.

First manager to relegate two teams from the same league in two consecutive seasons?
It's all so depressing. I felt at the game against Raith that the fans really got behind the team and generated a good positive atmosphere but the general apathy from the off at today's game and last week at home to Morton tells me the fans have all but given up on the team now.

People were more animated when Queens goalkeeper was time wasting than backing the team at any point.

Soul destroying stuff to witness.

I wouldn't sack the management team as we can't afford to but time for some stability at the club and longterm planning. I wonder if we can afford to keep both Ross and Fowler in league One?.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have been here before Colin you were calling for Murray well before he was appointed. I kept pointing out goals against.  Anyway that is history to call for Ross to be sacked is nothing short of complete NUTS. 

Dumbarton were the top p/t team in the country during Murray's time there. In his final season he was up against the likes of Rangers, Hibs & Hearts so yeah there were going to be a few drubbings but so what that's 18 months ago.

The question tonight is whether Jack Ross is the best man to take the club forward from where we currently are. I'm undecided but considering the question is most certainly not NUTS!

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

I think that's it , it's an accumulation of many things. I said in my post I don't think he should be sacked this season.

I think however if he plays his part in taking us down , then it's an option ,but he should not be sacked mid season , we are not down yet & I still think we can get out of this.

I might be kidding myself on but some people that say he interviews well & we are playing better is good enough for now , simply isn't improving our league position.

Still , let's hope for some new faces soon.

We have 13 games to get into the position to survive.

It's going to be very difficult now . Unfortunately I fear the worse .