Jack Ross Must Go.

Christ sake , would you rather i do it in f**kin crayon for you ?
This season Alex Rae was in charge for 6 Games  he got three points   0.50 points per game  NOT 1.26
With the same squad Jack Ross has been in charge for 12 Games  he has got 8 Points   0.67 points per game
AN INCREASE OF from .50 to .67 , YES IT IS A VERY SMALL INCREASE BUT IT IS STILL AN INCREASE.
And yet again i say...... we clearly are not doing well enough and are in the shit but we are still doing better than under Rae this season.

If you want to bring last season into the equation , i`m sorry its not valid.... unless you also give JR the squad that was available then.

So basically your point is we should cherry pick a small part of Raes reign and compare it to all of Ross's reign cause it suits your argument?

You say it's the fairest way cause they didn't have the same squad available to them. Well they didn't under your way either, as Rae had several injuries to deal with that Ross hasn't. Ross has been very fortunate with injuries and suspensions so far.

Also, for purposes of fairness, you'd need to make sure that you're comparing the same fixtures. Make sure that Rae gets Dumbarton, Dunfermline and Ayr at home too.

Or you could realise that this is clearly all folly and just compare their totals.

29 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

With respect Ross's good spell was 3 games unbeaten, and arrived after losing a few 6 pointers at home.

With respect , i am fully aware of that .Which is still better than Rae managed.

DOP < i am continually pointing out where the issue is . TC has made a statement ,ie regarding results going backwards which simply isnt true as i have proven with the stats.

Just now, TopCat said:

So basically your point is we should cherry pick a small part of Raes reign and compare it to all of Ross's reign cause it suits your argument?

You say it's the fairest way cause they didn't have the same squad available to them. Well they didn't under your way either, as Rae had several injuries to deal with that Ross hasn't. Ross has been very fortunate with injuries and suspensions so far.

Also, for purposes of fairness, you'd need to make sure that you're comparing the same fixtures. Make sure that Rae gets Dumbarton, Dunfermline and Ayr at home too.

Or you could realise that this is clearly all folly and just compare their totals.

Nope , yet again you deliberately miss the point .

My point is YOUR INITIAL STATEMENT WHICH I HIGHLIGHTED RIGHT AT THE START ...........IS WRONG !!

I have provided the stats to back up my argument , you simply keep repeating the same pish !

You might want to admit your mistake and compare their averages and the form tables.

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

With respect , i am fully aware of that .Which is still better than Rae managed.

DOP < i am continually pointing out where the issue is . TC has made a statement ,ie regarding results going backwards which simply isnt true as i have proven with the stats.

Ross is still losing more games than Rae averaged. While we continue to lose two thirds of our games survival hopes rest on Ayr's collapse continuing until May even if we are th or 8th in the form league... we're still 5 places or more lower than teams like Dumbarton who we are 'chasing'.

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

My point is YOUR INITIAL STATEMENT WHICH I HIGHLIGHTED RIGHT AT THE START ...........IS WRONG !!

I have provided the stats to back up my argument , you simply keep repeating the same pish !

You might want to admit your mistake and compare their averages and the form tables.

Not gonna happen CG.

We can all see he's wrong, but in his head he's isn't.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Ross is still losing more games than Rae averaged. While we continue to lose two thirds of our games survival hopes rest on Ayr's collapse continuing until May even if we are th or 8th in the form league... we're still 5 places or more lower than teams like Dumbarton who we are 'chasing'.

Ive never stated otherwise. And , for clarity i have sad repeatedly its not good enough and we are in shtuck ! 

However , yet again i refer the honourable gentleman to the original statement by TC and ask......... is the statement FACT or simply opinion formed a a result of his irrational hatred of Jack Ross ?

KEEP HITTING THE CAPS LOCK, CAUSE IT REALLY EMPHASISES YOUR POINT.

As expected you've not addressed anything I raised cause you know your argument is a dud. I'll let you go now, and you can keep believing that things are getting better under Ross KTF etc.

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

If third or fourth in the second tier is where you believe we rightfully belong (in the medium to longterm?) and where we will bounce back to, I admire your loyalty in these circumstances IOB.

I am old enough to remember when Love Street was regularly packed to the gunnels - when we had a successful team (in comparative terms) and were run more competently. The BoD over the past few years is collectively responsible for our current plight and Hibs are proving that when you do turn things round on the park the fans come flocking back.

The difference is that our BoD have not been effective in planning for success on the park.

Agree to a certain extent I have been in old Love Street with fewer than 1,000 fans the really dark days. We have  underperformed  for a few seasons . The old board is easy to point the finger at they did do good and were real Saints fans that should not be fogot. Sure mistakes were done but i genuinely believe they were trying to do to their best as Saints fans. Now we have a new board and quite rightly are going to run the club within its means. Who would run a club you need to be a nut case as you will never please the fans. Like you i hope we stay in this league but be honest with yourself its a hard sell getting players in to a club who looks doomed. it hurts big time but its tbe truth. We are up against it mate. 

Top Cat, what happened to your mantra of always giving a manager six months before considering the sack?

That's in a new season when we have the luxury of time. Sadly we don't have that in this situation. If we give Ross to April we will almost certainly already be relegated. It's not fair on him by any means, in an ideal world he would have been appointed pre season and given till Christmas. But the needs of the football club come first.

I simply believe that bringing in experienced manager at this level would increase our already slim chances of staying up. And that's the whole reason why I think we should sack Jack Ross.

For what it's worth I think there's almost zero chance of Ross being sacked before the end of the season. There seems to be a determination among the chairman and a majority of fans, that no matter how bad results and performances get that Ross should be given time.

He will get that time and I think he will take us down by Easter as a result.

It's like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, and the majority of the people of Rome dancing along to his tune.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Agree to a certain extent I have been in old Love Street with fewer than 1,000 fans the really dark days. We have  underperformed  for a few seasons . The old board is easy to point the finger at they did do good and were real Saints fans that should not be fogot. Sure mistakes were done but i genuinely believe they were trying to do to their best as Saints fans. Now we have a new board and quite rightly are going to run the club within its means. Who would run a club you need to be a nut case as you will never please the fans. Like you i hope we stay in this league but be honest with yourself its a hard sell getting players in to a club who looks doomed. it hurts big time but its tbe truth. We are up against it mate. 

Agree with everything you say except unlike you I do not hope we stay in "this league" - I want us to be competing with the Hamilton Accies and Ross Counties of this world!

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

KEEP HITTING THE CAPS LOCK, CAUSE IT REALLY EMPHASISES YOUR POINT.

As expected you've not addressed anything I raised cause you know your argument is a dud. I'll let you go now, and you can keep believing that things are getting better under Ross KTF etc.

Can I ask yourself a question? What is your point. Is it to prove one manager is better than anotbet ? Is it you want Ross sacked.  I dont get your constant criticism of the current manager.  We are not going to change the manager.  Do you not think it would be constructive to support the manager and team. Seriously what do you want please  answer.  

Can I ask yourself a question? What is your point. Is it to prove one manager is better than anotbet ? Is it you want Ross sacked.  I dont get your constant criticism of the current manager.  We are not going to change the manager.  Do you not think it would be constructive to support the manager and team. Seriously what do you want please  answer.  

As I said, I believe it would be in the best interests of the football club to make a managerial change at this time.

Is your point that I shouldn't express that opinion? How very thought police or you, I'll be off to the sin bin next :lol:

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

As I said, I believe it would be in the best interests of the football club to make a managerial change at this time.

Is your point that I shouldn't express that opinion? How very thought police or you, I'll be off the sin bin next :lol:

You got bit to go to catch up on the "sin bin one" . 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Is your point that I shouldn't express that opinion? How very thought police or you, I'll be off the sin bin next :lol:

No you have a opinion i respect that. Can i ask you how it can be done financial wise without affecting our budget . Will add i disagree  but you know that already.  Do you not think paying off 4 to 6 manager  is effecting our budget and who would want to come to  club that cant keep management more than 6 months . Serious question? 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No you have a opinion i respect that. Can i ask you how it can be done financial wise without affecting our budget . Will add i disagree  but you know that already.  Do you not think paying off 4 to 6 manager  is effecting our budget and who would want to come to  club that cant keep management more than 6 months . Serious question? 

Let me translate for you, he wants Gus back and was gutted he didn't get the job. Everything else is just a smokescreen.

I remember when Ross came in, talking about an impressive squad, trying to make players better, which, if you listen to alloa fans, he was able to do with them. I think he now realises that it is much more difficult than he or anyone else thought.

There is no balance to the squad, a lack of versatility and the age profile is all wrong, with most of the squad either teenagers or veterans. The youngsters are very promising but inexperienced, and with this comes poor decision making. The veterans are not giving enough, or any, leadership to the youngsters. Ross has identified the problem, hence his comment about football only being played 10% with the feet and the rest with the heart and the head. That is what he needs to sort - get commitment, leadership and good decision making instilled in the team. He'll be judged on how successful he is in doing this. He's identified the problem, he needs time to sort it.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I remember when Ross came in, talking about an impressive squad, trying to make players better, which, if you listen to alloa fans, he was able to do with them. I think he now realises that it is much more difficult than he or anyone else thought.

There is no balance to the squad, a lack of versatility and the age profile is all wrong, with most of the squad either teenagers or veterans. The youngsters are very promising but inexperienced, and with this comes poor decision making. The veterans are not giving enough, or any, leadership to the youngsters. Ross has identified the problem, hence his comment about football only being played 10% with the feet and the rest with the heart and the head. That is what he needs to sort - get commitment, leadership and good decision making instilled in the team. He'll be judged on how successful he is in doing this. He's identified the problem, he needs time to sort it.

Good post mate.

4 minutes ago, Bobbyreid said:

We must not sack Jack Ross even if relegated, he needs to build his own team and he must clear the decks of the sh### experienced players he has inherited. The legend that is TF needs to get his finger out or go

I can appreciate that given we are 10th with a decent gap between ourselves and Ayr and Dumbarton and this makes it hard to  tempt players to choose to sign for us beyond the summer, the only way I'll accept going down is if its by 2 or 3 points max. Anything else would indicate that Jack Ross has been able to live with Ayr United, Dumbarton, Dunfermline over 28 league games and with better resources at his disposal, or even if you were to be defeatist and concede those teams have better squads and more flexible budgets than us, that when we are underdogs Jack Ross can't outwit Stevie Aitken, Ian McCall or Alan Johnston ever.

I think it is getting fairly depressing the amount of stick Tony Fitzpatrick is coming under. He didn't chose the new manager, didn't set the budget, spend the budget, and presumably only tries to tie up contracts with players and their agents as identified by the management team or linkedin.

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I can appreciate that given we are 10th with a decent gap between ourselves and Ayr and Dumbarton and this makes it hard to  tempt players to choose to sign for us beyond the summer, the only way I'll accept going down is if its by 2 or 3 points max. Anything else would indicate that Jack Ross has been able to live with Ayr United, Dumbarton, Dunfermline over 28 league games and with better resources at his disposal, or even if you were to be defeatist and concede those teams have better squads and more flexible budgets than us, that when we are underdogs Jack Ross can't outwit Stevie Aitken, Ian McCall or Alan Johnston ever.

I think it is getting fairly depressing the amount of stick Tony Fitzpatrick is coming under. He didn't chose the new manager, didn't set the budget, spend the budget, and presumably only tries to tie up contracts with players and their agents as identified by the management team or linkedin.

The boy makes good points 

I agree with much of what you say, however, It is difficult to outwit McCall or Aitken with bunch of experienced pros who don't give a toss or think they know better and that is why they need to go. On Tony he needs to get players lined up and support the manager just as QOS done getting three good pros in for last Saturday . It was clear for a while that Hardy & Walsh were going back replacements should have been readied to fill their boots. Storrie is here and Hopefully Tony will deliver in the coming weeks