Jack Ross Must Go.

• 2 weeks later...
This is starting to look like one of the daftest threads ever started on here. :lol::lol::lol:

Is it ?

As far as I can see , we are still rooted to the bottom of the table 7 points adrift with 12 games to get in to a position where we can escape , otherwise the last 3 become irrelevant.

A cup win ? That won't make an ounce of difference to what league we will play in next season.

A manager if they get you relegated is progress ?

A number of new signings ? Nothing has changed yet , but least we're playing better.

Jack Ross should STAY to the end of the season and he will. He has been given the green light to stay on , so in a funny way let's hope that removes a pressure and the new faces getting us some points on the board 'then' make this a daft thread.

I do think we will survive and don't mind people starting threads based on how they feel, no offence needed , it's just a thread sharing points of view and if they don't conform to other beliefs ? It doesn't make them any more or less entitled to be posted.

Found it quite interesting that most saw QOTS beating Dumbarton yesterday as a good result for us. Suppose it was in a way, but it really ends our hope of catching them.

Just two weeks ago QOTS came to Paisley without a win in ages and hopelessly out of form. Had we beaten them that day we would have narrowed the gap between us and them to four points. Fast forward two weeks and they're fifteen points ahead of us. Dunfermline and QOTS were catchable at Christmas but neither are now.

It's now a three horse race for eighth place between us and the two part time teams, Dumbarton and Ayr. Those two will be looking at our transfer business this window very enviously I would imagine.

I,believe  have more depth in our  squad as a result of Jack Ross,s dealing in the transfer window so far , also we are playing better , against Morton we were bullied all over the park and it wasn,t helped by having limited options on the bench to change things , that's not the case now as our recent signings seem to be fit ,  strong  and able to play a couple of positions , we also seem to have found ourselves  a decent keeper , thinking we,re now ready to go on a decent run , which will hopefuly allow us to be in excellent shape come the start of next season

I think some on here were in denial about how much trouble we were in when JR took over. Basically Rae left us in a dreadful state, No doubt TC will have stats suggesting that Rae is a better manager than Jack Ross but that just is not the case. We were in a a nosedive.

I've heard that certain individuals were offered the gig but turned it down because they didn't want relegation on their CV. and didn't like the squad or the budget. 

When Jack came in we had no goal threat, no dig, no goalkeeper no defence and players like Mallan were simply waiting to leave. 

We are not out of the woods yet and we might still go down, but Jack has addressed all of these problems to at least some degree. 

Has he made mistakes IMHO yes. I wouldn't keep bringing on Clarkson,Shankland  or Webster in the hope that they might one day live up to their reputations and Hutton, Walsh Hardy should have been chased much earlier. I would have played Baird instead of Webster and  McLear or Orsi instead of Clarkson, or Shankland.

However  I also get why he felt that maybe the team was to young and needed old heads.

I've been very impressed by his transfer dealings.

So for me, pass marks before yesterday and pass marks to day.   

One game at a time and all that but he's strengthened in defence which was much needed, hopefully we'll become hard to score against and this in turn gives the forward thinking players more confidence to take chances and be more positive in their play. I think if we can beat Falkirk next week then we will go on a run and would be well capable of beating Dumbarton and Ayr away from home. I've always believed we could get out of this but the new acquisitions have gave me even more optimism.

I think some on here were in denial about how much trouble we were in when JR took over. Basically Rae left us in a dreadful state, No doubt TC will have stats suggesting that Rae is a better manager than Jack Ross but that just is not the case. We were in a a nosedive.
  I've heard that certain individuals were offered the gig but turned it down because they didn't want relegation on their CV. and didn't like the squad or the budget. 
When Jack came in we had no goal threat, no dig, no goalkeeper no defence and players like Mallan were simply waiting to leave. 
We are not out of the woods yet and we might still go down, but Jack has addressed all of these problems to at least some degree. 
Has he made mistakes IMHO yes. I wouldn't keep bringing on Clarkson,Shankland  or Webster in the hope that they might one day live up to their reputations and Hutton, Walsh Hardy should have been chased much earlier. I would have played Baird instead of Webster and  McLear or Orsi instead of Clarkson, or Shankland.
However  I also get why he felt that maybe the team was to young and needed old heads.
I've been very impressed by his transfer dealings.
So for me, pass marks before yesterday and pass marks to day.   

That's a fair point no doubt.

Ultimately we all ( I hope ) want the same thing , Jack to be a success , the team to survive in this league and the new players to give us back some pride.

Naturally we can always link things back to previous employees, but there comes a point where we need to stop blaming others and the people in place start being responsible.

Jack and the new players I believe are going to give us one hell of a finish to the season and talk of him leaving can be put to bed.

Rae is ancient history as far as i'm concerned. He's not to blame for what happens between now and May and therefore we can't use him as an excuse. However if discussing Rae seperately from St Mirren, then i'm glad he's gone because we were horrendous to watch when he was manager.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

19 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Is it ?

As far as I can see , we are still rooted to the bottom of the table 7 points adrift with 12 games to get in to a position where we can escape , otherwise the last 3 become irrelevant.

A cup win ? That won't make an ounce of difference to what league we will play in next season.

A manager if they get you relegated is progress ?

A number of new signings ? Nothing has changed yet , but least we're playing better.

Jack Ross should STAY to the end of the season and he will. He has been given the green light to stay on , so in a funny way let's hope that removes a pressure and the new faces getting us some points on the board 'then' make this a daft thread.

I do think we will survive and don't mind people starting threads based on how they feel, no offence needed , it's just a thread sharing points of view and if they don't conform to other beliefs ? It doesn't make them any more or less entitled to be posted.

Fair comments, I happen to be worried about our chances of survival this season. However to start a thread saying the manager must go before he's had a chance to bring in any players is just plain daft in my opinion. 

Sacking the manager will make things much worse in my opinion. TC has a go at Ross at every opportunity I believe that it's important that people who believe in the manager stick up for him. 

At the end of the day TC could well be correct, however we need to give the guy a chance. I hope and firmly believe that Jack will come good, really good.