Jack Ross Must Go.

GS saying JR will be here next season even if we're relegated is just a variation on the dreaded "vote of confidence" and if he doesn't get the new get the new guys to gell PDQ and at least make a decent attempt on 9th place I reckon he'll get the bullet  - I still reckon making 9th should be the minimum and if we don't make it I'd be looking to replace him. Looking at what Ayr & Dumbarton have achieved this season show there's points available for being able to play fairly basic football whilst keeping mistakes to a minimum - ie shitfest football. It really is an indictment on JR that he hasn't been able to match the two p/t teams over 15 games.  

It's an indictment of the players too though. Clarkson and Webster turn on their team mates as if they're watching a computer vs computer game on FIFA. You'd think they weren't involved going by their reactions, luckily only Clarkson played yesterday. At one point Storie played a ball about a foot beyond Clarkson and instead of chasing he was already turning and having a go about ball to feet. So, Davis quite soon after brings the ball out sees Clarkson and plays a ball to feet...Clarkson had decided to run long.

12 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

It's an indictment of the players too though. Clarkson and Webster turn on their team mates as if they're watching a computer vs computer game on FIFA. You'd think they weren't involved going by their reactions, luckily only Clarkson played yesterday. At one point Storie played a ball about a foot beyond Clarkson and instead of chasing he was already turning and having a go about ball to feet. So, Davis quite soon after brings the ball out sees Clarkson and plays a ball to feet...Clarkson had decided to run long.

Um yeah, the manager can only do so much and once the team are on the field he's dependent on the players he's picked actually giving a fuck which doesn't seem to be the case with the two you've mentioned. Now I suppose you can go back to the argument that the two you mentioned are AR signings but I feel that getting 100% commitment from the guys on the park is one of the requirements for a football manager's job. I just reckon that no matter what GS has said in public he's backed the manager during the transfer window and he'll have a minimum requirements target between now and the end of the season.

It's a funny old game - unless it's your job on the line. :bag

Edited by Bud the Baker

10 hours ago, Kendo said:

Does anyone really believe that these kind of threads will help us? 

I certainly don't. It seems that some people think buying a season ticket or paying £20 to see St.Mirren is a permit to use vituperative language against the team, the manager or even individual players. I wonder do they do the same if their wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, significant other or even worse, their children underperform. I suspect some of them do. There does indeed seem to be a thin line between love and hate.

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My understanding Jack is here for the next 3.5 years. Get over it and support the club it will go along way to getting out of this mess. 

Football Cliché No. 1 - it's a results driven business......................

I can remember TF backing AR just before the Dumbarton game -,what happened next?

I'd love to see JR  being with the club in 312 years time, because it. would mean he's met the expectations of most of the support

On a different note there's no point taking the moral high ground 'cos I can remember you being a vocal member of the "Gus must go" back in the dim and distant past. Back the manager no matter what is a club only open to the angels.

Edited by Bud the Baker

A new day, a new dawn and we still all support the saints. These last three or four years have been the most frustrating in decades as we see our beloved St Mirren in freefall unable seemigly to grasp and hold on to anything or anyone that could help see us stabilise and move forward again.

supporters do what is says on the tin, they are they people who actually support the play, lifestyle, families and income of those charged with getting results. It hurts when we are so poor, the manager at least knows this and says the players need to give the support something to feed off. Sadly its been scraps thus far.

i like Jack Ross, but imo he was the wrong choice given the position we were in, and his relevant experience, and achievements to date as a manager of less than one season. The decision taken to sack Rae should only have been made if he was being replaced by a better, more capable and experienced manager, otherwise whats the point of going to the trouble, expense and upheaval to be worse off?

there are still available more than enough points to at least keep our destiny in our own hands, if Jack and the players can't grasp that chance, we succumb, and more or less the whole first team squad walk at the end of the season do we carry on supporting Jack hoping things will change, or should we accept what he has achieved at that point is a fair indication on what he will go on to being able to achieve?

nobody wants to be banging on about our obvious shortcomings, but we do it because we care, we've got skin in the game, it hurts to see the hope drifting away, and the only way to change that is for Jack and the squad to give us a reaction, play to their actual capability fo 90+mins each week. The brief flashes of that show they are capable, but for reasons perhaps known only to themselves they seem unable or unwilling to commit to the cause that sees us, the supporters turn up time and time again in numbers, when common sense should probably tell us all hope has gone.

is it demanding the absurd, is it treating the manager and players with disrespect to simply hope we can win one game, and the following week do the same??? If that is the definition of being a boo-boy, or as some eejits on here woulld have you believe lack of community spirit, then how many of the three thousand or so hardcore support who actually get along to the games they can, seeking at least some dig are guilty as charged?

I know the usual suspects will be back next week, and the week after, and the week after that too.... isn't about time Jack and the squad turned up every week? Thats all we ask really, anything on top lets be honest is; to a St Mirren fan a big bonus!

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I know the usual suspects will be back next week, and the week after, and the week after that too.... isn't about time Jack and the squad turned up every week? Thats all we ask really, anything on top lets be honest is; to a St Mirren fan a big bonus!

By the time we reach, say, 2-3 hundred posts we all have our defined "user personality" and it's usually predictable what side of the argument most of us will come down on. What's interesting is when someone takes up a position contrary to what they have in the past - I'm sure I've flip-flopped a number of times. :whistle

Stay crazy LordP, stay crazy.................

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Football Cliché No. 1 - it's a results driven business......................

I can remember TF backing AR just before the Dumbarton game -,what happened next?

I'd love to see JR  being with the club in 312 years time, because it. would mean he's met the expectations of most of the support

On a different note there's no point taking the moral high ground 'cos I can remember you being a vocal member of the "Gus must go" back in the dim and distant past. Back the manager no matter what is a club only open to the angels.

I'm not taking the moral high ground Colin I'm going on how many managers  we have been thourgh in a small space of time which must have a financial consequence to the club. We now need stability we are on a  downward spiral which will bottom out ether in play off or relegation. I have not lost faith in Jack. This man given time will come good.          STABILITY IS NEEDED.  

Remember when Queen of the South were catchable?

Nice to see their new appointment starting to get results. His January signings having instant impacts. Who'd have thought it?

I like how some people are happy to stick with JR through relegation even though there is absolutely zero evidence to prove his worth. Some people need to wake up.

13 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Remember when Queen of the South were catchable?

Nice to see their new appointment starting to get results. His January signings having instant impacts. Who'd have thought it?

I like how some people are happy to stick with JR through relegation even though there is absolutely zero evidence to prove his worth. Some people need to wake up.

What's the alternative?

Bring Gus back? <_<

We didn't lose any ground on our rivals yesterday and while it is very frustrating to lose the lead twice, i hardly think it merits the sack the manager posts cropping up any time we don't win. A little patience after so many personnel changes in such a short period of time would be more beneficial for the team in the run in to the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Can't sack Jack Ross, we need to give our manager time for a change but it doesn't mean he can get a free ride.

Sacking him before the end of the season or in October after he has signed a whole new team up would continue the crap cycle we are in.

I agree. Of course he should be held to account, but talk of bagging him is just plain daft.

What's the alternative?
Bring Gus back? <_>

Depends on whether you think we're too far gone?

If you think we have a chance I would really be putting the feelers out for Gus over the next two weeks. Ayr really is our last throw of the dice. Would he come? No idea.

I'm not buying this blame Rae nonsense anymore. Rae came into the team at a later date than Ross had an impact right away with a worse team than Ross had (People seem to forgot the woeful team Ian Murray left behind) and Rae also had a lot less to work with in January in terms of funds and those signings got us over the line.

2 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Depends on whether you think we're too far gone?

If you think we have a chance I would really be putting the feelers out for Gus over the next two weeks. Ayr really is our last throw of the dice. Would he come? No idea.

I'm not buying this blame Rae nonsense anymore. Rae came into the team at a later date than Ross had an impact right away with a worse team than Ross had (People seem to forgot the woeful team Ian Murray left behind) and Rae also had a lot less to work with in January in terms of funds and those signings got us over the line.

I don't really want to get into another debate about Gus. I shouldn't have mentioned him, so my fault.

He ain't coming back, so probably not worth dwelling on it regardless of our respective views.

I don't really want to get into another debate about Gus. I shouldn't have mentioned him, so my fault.
He ain't coming back, so probably not worth dwelling on it regardless of our respective views.

If you didn't mention him, I was gonna anyway. That's who I would go for. Wasn't in favour of him coming back when we let Rae go but I am now and would go for him IF we go down.

Why wouldn't he come back? Does he not want back into full time football.

I wish nothing but success for Jack whilst he's at the club but it's becoming increasingly obvious that he's out his depth.

Jack will stay no matter what. We surely cannot afford to bag another manager quite so soon, in a list of seemingly never-ending new appointments. If we go down, if we don't get promotion straight back at first time of asking, Ross should be bagged without question. No debate about it in my opinion. Can't get St Mirren out of the THIRD tier? Arse shouldn't touch the ground until somewhere around the ski slope at Braehead.

Edited by pozbaird

Is Gus the answer? Really.                 We can't hold on to a lead that's a fact doesn't matter who the manager is.its been a problem for years' and I'm not going back to gus,s 10 men behind the ball tactics it cost us a leauge cup against a 9 men rangers and Ross is going nowhere, he just needs to play direct football that's it. easy