Jack Ross Must Go.

Depends on whether you think we're too far gone?

If you think we have a chance I would really be putting the feelers out for Gus over the next two weeks. Ayr really is our last throw of the dice. Would he come? No idea.

I'm not buying this blame Rae nonsense anymore. Rae came into the team at a later date than Ross had an impact right away with a worse team than Ross had (People seem to forgot the woeful team Ian Murray left behind) and Rae also had a lot less to work with in January in terms of funds and those signings got us over the line.

Rae joined in December and so almost immediately had a transfer window in which to change things around. Jack came in to a destroyed dressing room, a bunch of disjointed players who had looked afraid in every game this season including versus Edinburgh City. The difference in some players that Alex had brought in was unbelievable and our younger players looked disinterested. It looked like a group of workers who had a manager that harped on about his past and managed through fear rather than any actual social skills or coaching. We had so many matches that were 80 minutes of us doing absolutely f**k all.

Rae's record from this point on saw 5 wins and 3 draws, Jack Ross probably needs at least that to get 9th.

Looking at our run of fixtures, it's difficult to see us even making up 7 points to equal Ayrs tally..its also difficult to understand looking at our squad why we are in the position we're in..but, having seen the way they train at my local gym, if that's reflected on the pitch, I can see why..cant be bloody bothered by the looks of it..so, is that the managers, the board or the players fault?..

8 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

Looking at our run of fixtures, it's difficult to see us even making up 7 points to equal Ayrs tally..its also difficult to understand looking at our squad why we are in the position we're in..but, having seen the way they train at my local gym, if that's reflected on the pitch, I can see why..cant be bloody bothered by the looks of it..so, is that the managers, the board or the players fault?..

What if (if) we beat Ayr next week will it still be 7 points ? Of course it's 4 points. One win away from being one point behind Ayr. It's reachable though the way our season has been maybe not.  

At the Millennium Champions night event back in December, Tom Hendrie mentioned he would love to manage St Mirren again, so I would welcome him back in an instant. It clearly isn't working for Jack Ross, if he took the same amount of thought into his tactics as to about what cardigan he is going to wear then we wouldn't be still be bottom of the league.

What if (if) we beat Ayr next week will it still be 7 points ? Of course it's 4 points. One win away from being one point behind Ayr. It's reachable though the way our season has been maybe not.  

We don't play ayr till the 25th. We are away to them. Before that, aye play dumbarton. We could be further behind. It's optimistic more than realistic that we will beat Ayr. A draw is no good..games are running out. We are now at the stage of the season where teams at the top are fighting for promotion or a play off place. I'm looking at raith in freefall, but even if they don't pick up another point this season, the thought we could double our current points total and add to it with so few games left is,as I say, optimistic..

On 7 January 2017 at 5:10 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Are we in a position to pay off another management team?

We'd have to try and sell Naismith, Mallan, really anyone we could get cash for, accept relegation as inevitable and bring in a guy with a plan. The worst part of this scenario is it might be better than sticking with JR.

My choice at the last two managerial changes was Steve Aitken.............:zipit

Steve Aitken excellent young Manager however we simply must stick by Jack . IVE said before that The timing of sacking Alex RAE was just plain stupidity . Gordon Scott never gets any criticism for this . The transfer system of January window means that RAE should have been sacked at the end of last season or this season . Everyone who reads this forum must understand that shull is a " buddy " of Gordon Scott . Scott has simply got to resign sacking Rae after 6 games was downright stupidity and shows GS has no knowledge of how to run a football club . 

Gordon Scott is also undermining JR. When he spoke about the need for a left back ! I as a supporter don't expect to hear this from The Chairman I do however want to hear it from The Manager . 

10 minutes ago, Second Decay said:

At the Millennium Champions night event back in December, Tom Hendrie mentioned he would love to manage St Mirren again, so I would welcome him back in an instant. It clearly isn't working for Jack Ross, if he took the same amount of thought into his tactics as to about what cardigan he is going to wear then we wouldn't be still be bottom of the league.

Yes. I man that's achieved nothing in 16 years. Definitely the answer.

a legend in his time. Not the answer now.

Any escape from our current position would be remarkable , yesterday's result was disappointing but Dumbarton have been impressive at home in the league all season. IMO if we go down , we keep Ross and hopefully we can get back up straight away . For us old guys , it's a wee bit like our relegation under Wilson Humphries in 1971, we had had some decent results but still went down and everyone expected us to walk the 2nd division , it didn't happen , and WH got the bullet , the same will happen to JR if we go down and we don't romp it next year !

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm not taking the moral high ground Colin I'm going on how many managers  we have been thourgh in a small space of time which must have a financial consequence to the club. We now need stability we are on a  downward spiral which will bottom out ether in play off or relegation. I have not lost faith in Jack. This man given time will come good.          STABILITY IS NEEDED.  

Yup unfortunately our form remains stable and no matter what the chairman says there's only so long that can last before something gives..............

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup unfortunately our form remains stable and no matter what the chairman says there's only so long that can last before something gives..............

I don't like the results anymore than the next fan. Jack completed his signings last week we are in the first week in February. Let's see what these new players can achieve under Jack. Like everyone I'm worried at the same time accept relegation if it comes. Have never seen a January window like it. 

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Any escape from our current position would be remarkable , yesterday's result was disappointing but Dumbarton have been impressive at home in the league all season. IMO if we go down , we keep Ross and hopefully we can get back up straight away . For us old guys , it's a wee bit like our relegation under Wilson Humphries in 1971, we had had some decent results but still went down and everyone expected us to walk the 2nd division , it didn't happen , and WH got the bullet , the same will happen to JR if we go down and we don't romp it next year !

This is exactly my standpoint on it. Ross should be given until the end of the year and assess where we are at Xmas, be it in this league or the league below. If he is failing to perform to expectations, then's the time to part ways. Nothing will be resolved by bringing yet another new man in right now.

If Ian Murray had been replaced directly by Jack Ross, I think Jack Ross would have been sacked after the QoTS home game a couple of weeks ago. The fact Alex Rae was appointed and this is the first new ownership appointment shifts the dynamic. Otherwise, in my opinion, no way would he still be here.

15 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

What shocks and saddens me is how content people are with relegation. Really quite depressing.

Relegation to league 1 should be unacceptable for a team like St. Mirren.

Wonder if Gilmour and Rae will still be to blame come the end of the season.

They have contributed to the slow decline of the club, the exact date of which can precisely be dated back to the decision to sanction post-cup win bevvying and being the toast-of-the-town for a week in 2013. Thommo' and Teale hardly kicked a ball after that week, the team was broken up, the club being up for sale saw inertia at best within the boardroom. However, here and now in 2016/17, the calibre of player contracted to the club, contains internationals, cup winners, and guys who have played at the highest level. Even allowing for a certain amount of duffers in the managers office recently, recent squads should surely have been good enough not to be detached at the bottom of Scotland's second tier. Fact is they are, so I wouldn't blame the old BoD for the abject inability of guys like Webster, Clarkson and Langfield to get their fingers out their fcuking arses and help the cause. I find it absolutely disgraceful that this mob cannot even be a mid-table outfit looking to go again next season.

Edited by pozbaird

Let's get him sacked and get someone else in. If he can't keep us up then we sack him in the summer and get someone else in. If he falls out of the automatic promotion place in League 1 then sack him and bring in someone else............... When do we stop?

The current BoD have had 6 months to turn round the shambolic freefall that's been going on for 3 years.

Just now, Edinbuddie said:

Let's get him sacked and get someone else in. If he can't keep us up then we sack him in the summer and get someone else in. If he falls out of the automatic promotion place in League 1 then sack him and bring in someone else............... When do we stop?

The current BoD have had 6 months to turn round the shambolic freefall that's been going on for 3 years.

While I agree about the revolving door it's more important we stop the real worrying freefall and that the football club tumbling into a real shit league.

Just sticking with what you have, come what may, is rather foolish, IMO.

No, JR won't be sacked this season. If we go down, hell yes as, if he can't keep us in this league, I'm afraid he's not the messiah many people on here had us believe.

2 minutes ago, Edinbuddie said:

Good call. Zero hours contracts and/or piece work... gets my vote. Claudio Ranieri might need a gig tomorrow. Worth a call.

23 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

What shocks and saddens me is how content people are with relegation. Really quite depressing.

Relegation to league 1 should be unacceptable for a team like St. Mirren.

Wonder if Gilmour and Rae will still be to blame come the end of the season.

Not picking an argument here. Like me you may have been watching St Mirren pre-Fergie days. Used to travel in a double decker bus as a very young kid in St Mirren junior supporters. We were in the top league then. We went down and we're in the lower depths of Scottish football. It happened a few times. Crowd's dwindling away. But we bounced back maybe took the best part of a decade. Although there were only two leagues then we were bad and low in the league. The difference now is we are not far away from a team who can at least make the play off position. If not then fine been there before.  Seen terrible gates at our lowest then when we worked our way up crowds return. This has always been our history for me  now heading into my 60's. 

As soon as we're relegated he has to go. He's shown no ability to organise a team with limited ability. With people thinking our current team is bad, just think how bad our team in league one would be.

Ross has shown no tactical nous whatsoever. He doesn't know how to organise a team to win. For all people hated Rae, and think he should get sacked, Ross is every bit as bad. Rae however kept us up when he came in, Ross won't

1 hour ago, gc_SMFC said:

As soon as we're relegated he has to go. He's shown no ability to organise a team with limited ability. With people thinking our current team is bad, just think how bad our team in league one would be.

Ross has shown no tactical nous whatsoever. He doesn't know how to organise a team to win. For all people hated Rae, and think he should get sacked, Ross is every bit as bad. Rae however kept us up when he came in, Ross won't

S.H.I.T.E. post did you grow up in Disney Land. Maybe a caricature in Alison Wonderland.  Or maybe just plain stupidly. Maybe you will sell your house in the name of St mirren too pour money into the cause. Oh right your behind a keyboard . Sorry mate you and others need to wake up and understand the word stability.  Finance, Order. It will come good again Rome was not built in a day. Keep the faith.