Jack Ross Must Go.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

S.H.I.T.E. post did you grow up in Disney Land. Maybe a caricature in Alison Wonderland.  Or maybe just plain stupidly. Maybe you will sell your house in the name of St mirren too pour money into the cause. Oh right your behind a keyboard . Sorry mate you and others need to wake up and understand the word stability.  Finance, Order. It will come good again Rome was not built in a day. Keep the faith. 

:wacko:

S.H.I.T.E. post did you grow up in Disney Land. Maybe a caricature in Alison Wonderland.  Or maybe just plain stupidly. Maybe you will sell your house in the name of St mirren too pour money into the cause. Oh right your behind a keyboard . Sorry mate you and others need to wake up and understand the word stability.  Finance, Order. It will come good again Rome was not built in a day. Keep the faith. 

Stability!? What stability do we have? We have a manager who is going to have two successive relegations on his CV. We will be hitting rock bottom in club history.

We will be facing a squad in constant flux after relegation. We will be facing the worst level of football that any fan of St. Mirren have ever seen. We will be facing decisions on if this club can function at a full time level, especially if we continue to accept underperformance on and off the park.

Anyone that seems to think that Ross is doing anything more than an awful job is wrong. The league table, and results show that. He should be gone by the end of the season, never mind giving him next season after he's guided us down.

Is Gus the answer? Really.                 We can't hold on to a lead that's a fact doesn't matter who the manager is.its been a problem for years' and I'm not going back to gus,s 10 men behind the ball tactics it cost us a leauge cup against a 9 men rangers and Ross is going nowhere, he just needs to play direct football that's it. easy

Were you actually at that game, 10 men behind the ball? They broke up the park & scored when we were attacking [emoji6]

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Stability!? What stability do we have? We have a manager who is going to have two successive relegations on his CV. We will be hitting rock bottom in club history.

We will be facing a squad in constant flux after relegation. We will be facing the worst level of football that any fan of St. Mirren have ever seen. We will be facing decisions on if this club can function at a full time level, especially if we continue to accept underperformance on and off the park.

Anyone that seems to think that Ross is doing anything more than an awful job is wrong. The league table, and results show that. He should be gone by the end of the season, never mind giving him next season after he's guided us down.

Do you go the games? This is not a real fan/armchair fan debate, i'm just interested...

Do you go the games? This is not a real fan/armchair fan debate, i'm just interested...

Interested in what? What would it matter if I did or didn't, just take much analysis to show that Ross hasn't changed our fortunes around.

And I've been to enough games when ashore to know that we aren't playing 'good football' or that we're just unlucky.

For all his faults in team building, he done what he's brought into to do last season, get us results to keep us up. Ross has yet to do anything, and we're now in miracle territory. Yet people want to give him another season.

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Interested in what? What would it matter if I did or didn't, just take much analysis to show that Ross hasn't changed our fortunes around.

And I've been to enough games when ashore to know that we aren't playing 'good football' or that we're just unlucky.

For all his faults in team building, he done what he's brought into to do last season, get us results to keep us up. Ross has yet to do anything, and we're now in miracle territory. Yet people want to give him another season.

So if we keep Ross, even if we go down will you continue to go? Alex Rae is history, as is Lennon, Mcpherson etc... So assuming we're not going to backwards, do you advocate yet another sacking and have to start yet again?

We never gave teale a chance to bring us up why should Ross get a chance. If we do go down Ross should go he has had enough support. Rae managed to get results from Murray's team Ross failed to get results from the squad Rae left he has now built his own squad he has two cup games to play with before the next 13 games to try and over turn 7 points ideally he would be look at overturning 12 points to get us out of the play off

4 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

I think those who advocate this are hoping for the proverbial miracle this year and Ross to learn and grow as a manager. I'm on record saying I felt JR would relegate us when he was appointed. I didn't have to be a fortune teller to predict this. He has next to no experience and what little he has is being relegation fodder in his last role.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa_yFG0hIEGOtZWPgC0P3

Anyone notice the uncanny resemblance between Phil Collins and JR. Nice cardigan Phil. May be he could keep us up against all the Odds. Sign Phil Collins. No that's a silly idea. Better stick with JR and hopefully he can do the biz. !2 games, 36 points, 6 possible against Ayr, That leaves 30 points available to overtake a one point deficit. JR is learning. Stick with him and 'Against all Odds' we will survive.   We're not dead yet. COYS

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Good Odds

So if we keep Ross, even if we go down will you continue to go? Alex Rae is history, as is Lennon, Mcpherson etc... So assuming we're not going to backwards, do you advocate yet another sacking and have to start yet again?

Most definitely.

The sooner we stop rewarding mediocrity at this club the better.

Ross will probably have had the biggest transfer budget out of our last 5 or so managers. If he can't keep us up, he probably can't build an entire team on a fraction of the budget.

Way I see it Jack cannot be completely bullet-proof. He's had a lot of time to work first with a squad that, whilst imbalanced, was still blessed man for man with better players than the likes of Dumbarton have.

He's then had huge backing from the board in January, and churned through a 20 player recycle of the squad.

That was a gamble, but it was one I think we had to take given the predicament we are in.

Now, in his defence, I don't think we can or could have reasonably expected miraculous results and guaranteed survival from that change, but I think it is only reasonable that we at least make a proper fist of staying up and see some tangible signs of real improvement before the season ends, even if it does eventually end in relegation.

Assuming we do see that, then for me Jack should be given another season to rebuild the team and to get us back to the Championship. If he can't do that in one season he will rightly be sacked.

If we roll over the next 3 months and take relegation with a whimper then it's a different matter.

I think one thing we did see yesterday was the desire and work rate was there, it's just the seeming lack of a cohesive game plan that was missing. I'm giving the gaffer the benefit that the pitch and the late disruption to the team played a big part in that but in my simple head the game plan on a heavy pitch should have been to get Sutton in the box and launch it long and feed off the scraps.

Sometimes in football you need to abandon the snobbery and adapt to the conditions.

28 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Were you actually at that game, 10 men behind the ball? They broke up the park & scored when we were attacking emoji6.png

Yes I was at the game and your right but because he played 10men behind the ball and he couldn't switch the tactics and that's why we couldn't score against a team with 9 men. I was also at the Stirling Albion game on may 1998 and we beat the drop then .

2 minutes ago, div said:

Way I see it Jack cannot be completely bullet-proof. He's had a lot of time to work first with a squad that, whilst imbalanced, was still blessed man for man with better players than the likes of Dumbarton have.

He's then had huge backing from the board in January, and churned through a 20 player recycle of the squad.

That was a gamble, but it was one I think we had to take given the predicament we are in.

Now, in his defence, I don't think we can or could have reasonably expected miraculous results and guaranteed survival from that change, but I think it is only reasonable that we at least make a proper fist of staying up and see some tangible signs of real improvement before the season ends, even if it does eventually end in relegation.

Assuming we do see that, then for me Jack should be given another season to rebuild the team and to get us back to the Championship. If he can't do that in one season he will rightly be sacked.

If we roll over the next 3 months and take relegation with a whimper then it's a different matter.

I think one thing we did see yesterday was the desire and work rate was there, it's just the seeming lack of a cohesive game plan that was missing. I'm giving the gaffer the benefit that the pitch and the late disruption to the team played a big part in that but in my simple head the game plan on a heavy pitch should have been to get Sutton in the box and launch it long and feed off the scraps.

Sometimes in football you need to abandon the snobbery and adapt to the conditions.

This is how i feel about the situation. If we lose our next 6 games and are relegated by April then of course he won't stay. If we put up a fight and look like we are becoming a team and just miss out on staying up then it would make sense to give him the first 10 games next season.

20 minutes ago, div said:

I read a very good interview with Sean Dyche recently.  He said that he's been asked by several young managers for advice.  The advice he gives is along the lines of find any way to win as too many young managers get carried away with the need to play good football.  In effect establish yourself first before thinking about style which can come later.  Maybe that is how is how JR is falling down to date.

20 minutes ago, David Mc said:

I read a very good interview with Sean Dyche recently.  He said that he's been asked by several young managers for advice.  The advice he gives is along the lines of find any way to win as too many young managers get carried away with the need to play good football.  In effect establish yourself first before thinking about style which can come later.  Maybe that is how is how JR is falling down to date.

Yip possibly. We lack consistency for sure and part of that without a doubt is the constant chopping and changing of the team. It's difficult when you've brought in ten new players but as a fan you'd hope that there was a clear strategy behind the recruitment as to who was going to play where etc..

The illness to Loy and the injury to Mallan was unfortunate of course and that's part of football but I'm still looking at that team yesterday and wondering why we don't have a natural right sided midfielder and why we're left starting David Clarkson up front on his own in our most important game of the season when he's hardly kicked a ball in weeks.

I'm also unsure where Fjelde fits into things at all and I was puzzled as to why Eckersley got a start over Stelios when the former hasn't played a game in two months. Eck didn't play badly but he did run out of steam in the second half. Understandable!

I guess if I was to sit down and ask Jack these questions he'd give me very good reasons and that's why he's a manager and I'm a fan.

Yes I was at the game and your right but because he played 10men behind the ball and he couldn't switch the tactics and that's why we couldn't score against a team with 9 men. I was also at the Stirling Albion game on may 1998 and we beat the drop then .

I was there too

Unfortunately me too at the cup final at least.  We had no idea how to break down their defence.  It was painful to watch.  Then we compounded it by over reaching and getting caught on the breakaway.  Stirling was a cool beer in the car park afterwards and a deep sigh of relief.

I seriously think the more sensible forum users should carry out an intervention on some of the people on here.

Last week, JR was the messiah for realising the team wasn't good enough and making wholesale changes, which nearly everyone agreed had improved the quality.

Now, after one away draw where admittedly we didn't play great, he's a naughty boy again.

I can only hope some people aren't as fickle in real life as they are on here, cos they'd be a nightmare to live with.

1 hour ago, Paisley brazilians said:

I was at both of these games too but your recollection is getting blurred in the mists of time. Sure there were many turgid fixtures during GM's tenure but the 2010 LC final was not one of them - tactically GM got it spot on that day with 2 wing backs playing long cross-field balls to our big strikers which frustrated a strong Rangers team (who won the league by 6 points that year) and causing two of their players to get sent off. It was 15 seconds of complacency which cost us that match - watch the clip at 3 seconds when Weir intercepts the ball we've got six, yes six, players in the Rangers box. The problem was Rangers realized this before we did. Nobody got within two yards of Naismith or within touching distance of Miller and Gallacher's attempted save wasn't too hot either. Sorry for the pain that the video clip will undoubtedly cause.

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

I was at both of these games too but your recollection is getting blurred in the mists of time. Sure there were many turgid fixtures during GM's tenure but the 2010 LC final was not one of them - tactically GM got it spot on that day with 2 wing backs playing long cross-field balls to our big strikers which frustrated a strong Rangers team (who won the league by 6 points that year) and causing two of their players to get sent off. It was 15 seconds of complacency which cost us that match - watch the clip at 3 seconds when Weir intercepts the ball we've got six, yes six, players in the Rangers box. The problem was Rangers realized this before we did. Nobody got within two yards of Naismith or within touching distance of Miller and Gallacher's attempted save wasn't too hot either. Sorry for the pain that the video clip will undoubtedly cause.

totally agree with this

the game was crying out for extra time where we would have beat them....but sadly..no

Grateful for the post but it is not yet time for me to open the bottle which I stuffed the emotions into that day! Have never seen a replay of the goal, just the live one...

48 minutes ago, VivaLaDron said:

Grateful for the post but it is not yet time for me to open the bottle which I stuffed the emotions into that day! Have never seen a replay of the goal, just the live one...

Have also never watched any of that game since the day it happened . Not planning to any time soon .