Jack Ross Must Go.

Some posters on here need to get a grip of reality ,we have no divine right to stay in the division

Making comments like " a club like St Mirren shouldn't be in this place'

Who the f**k do you think we are Aberdeen Hearts etc

Dunfermline  and a few others have been here,in fact talk to pars fans now who will tell it was a long hard road but they are in a much better place now

Take  a deep breath and bite the bullet, our family will be back with season tickets no matter what happens

Just now, Eaglesham saint said:

Some posters on here need to get a grip of reality ,we have no divine right to stay in the division

Making comments like " a club like St Mirren shouldn't be in this place'

Who the f**k do you think we are Aberdeen Hearts etc

Dunfermline  and a few others have been here,in fact talk to pars fans now who will tell it was a long hard road but they are in a much better place now

Take  a deep breath and bite the bullet, our family will be back with season tickets no matter what happens

St Mirren shouldn't be in this place. We spent ten years as a top flight club. We reached two national cup finals, winning one. We sold our ground and cleared our debt. We were told a shiny new stadium and dedicated training facilities, allied to clearing the debt would see us able to attract better players. We were chosen as the home of the Scotland U2s. Celtic chose our stadium to hire. We had players like Teale and Thompson. We never entered administration like so many. We weren't a fcuking basket case like Dunfermline. We have a strong core support.

No fcuking way should we be in this position, no way.

Just now, Eaglesham saint said:

We are where we deserve to be look at the table

I'm not denying we don't deserve to be exactly where we are. We shouldn't be here though. Read your post back... who the fcuk do we think we are? Aberdeen or Hearts? Erm, no, who actually thinks that?

26 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm not denying we don't deserve to be exactly where we are. We shouldn't be here though. Read your post back... who the fcuk do we think we are? Aberdeen or Hearts? Erm, no, who actually thinks that?

What I mean is we are not a big club, but our crowds defy logic,the position we are in and still getting bigger crowds than some premier teams,but we are not any bigger than the Pars,Falkirk or teams like that.

We are a small town team who will from time to time have good times,

Treasure them as I do and the good times will be back,not soon but they will return 

Some folks are delusional about the size of the club

Whilst Jack was clearly the wrong appointment , as we should have had someone with a track record of saving a team from relegation , it would simply be ludicrous to sack him at this present juncture . We need to back him so that he can do the job he was hired to do in the interim . .

At the end of the day , it isnt over 'til the fat lady sings and it seemed that we survived a few relegation fights under wee Anxious , so we are used to this angst in recent history.

As for the 2010 game , l have more or less blotted that out of my mind , as for me it was even worse than the H game since my son was with me in 2010 and was devestated by that result especially since it was against that now defunct team. .

Maybe we will be relegated but maybe we wont we shall have to wait and see . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I'm hoping that in the long term Jack Ross turns out to be a very good St Mirren manager. I worried when he was appointed that it was the wrong type of appointment in the short term in our relegation fight. Although our play has improved and is much easier on the eye than in the Rae era (most of the time at least) we are still a side who are easy to take points off of and seem unable to rise to the occasion in do or die crunch relegation battles. There has been little to suggest that when push comes to shove we have the wherewithal to collect enough points and overtake a team or two and stay up.

We now have to hope that our punts on O'Brien, Demeteriou, Davis, Eckersley, Fjelde, Storie, McGinn,  Smith, Todd and Loy turn out to be inspired signings, who regain match fitness and gel quickly and play a Roy of the Rovers like starring role in transforming our season!

51 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm hoping that in the long term Jack Ross turns out to be a very good St Mirren manager. I worried when he was appointed that it was the wrong type of appointment in the short term in our relegation fight. Although our play has improved and is much easier on the eye than in the Rae era (most of the time at least) we are still a side who are easy to take points off of and seem unable to rise to the occasion in do or die crunch relegation battles. There has been little to suggest that when push comes to shove we have the wherewithal to collect enough points and overtake a team or two and stay up.

We now have to hope that our punts on O'Brien, Demeteriou, Davis, Eckersley, Fjelde, Storie, McGinn,  Smith, Todd and Loy turn out to be inspired signings, who regain match fitness and gel quickly and play a Roy of the Rovers like starring role in transforming our season!

In passing relation to your comment, the lad Demetriou looked a very tidy player indeed when he came on. I'd be inclined to give him a shot at right back in place of Irvine for at least one of the two cup games and see how he fares. 

17 hours ago, div said:

Yip possibly. We lack consistency for sure and part of that without a doubt is the constant chopping and changing of the team. It's difficult when you've brought in ten new players but as a fan you'd hope that there was a clear strategy behind the recruitment as to who was going to play where etc..

The illness to Loy and the injury to Mallan was unfortunate of course and that's part of football but I'm still looking at that team yesterday and wondering why we don't have a natural right sided midfielder and why we're left starting David Clarkson up front on his own in our most important game of the season when he's hardly kicked a ball in weeks.

I'm also unsure where Fjelde fits into things at all and I was puzzled as to why Eckersley got a start over Stelios when the former hasn't played a game in two months. Eck didn't play badly but he did run out of steam in the second half. Understandable!

I guess if I was to sit down and ask Jack these questions he'd give me very good reasons and that's why he's a manager and I'm a fan.

His team failed to win a must win game despite being in the lead twice, so fan or manager, I would love to understand what his reasons are too!

I also get the lack of balance in the team but why didn't we bring in a left back when Jack took over? There must have been enough out of contract players who even if they weren't fit immediately, would still have been fit long before the January window opened.

If it was that glaring, sure the Chairman would have sanctioned it?

19 hours ago, div said:

"Yip possibly. We lack consistency for sure"

That made I laugh... the only thing you can say about our form since Ross arrived is that it has remained consistent, and we haven't made any movement in the league table since his arrival. We are still bottom, probably four positive to their four negative results behind Ayr. It is consistency personified!

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That made I laugh... the only thing you can say about our form since Ross arrived is that it has remained consistent, and we haven't made any movement in the league table since his arrival. We are still bottom, probably four positive to their four negative results behind Ayr. It is consistency personified!

If it was consistent we'd be losing, drawing or winning every week.

Fact is we haven't had two back to back similar results since December 10th.

3 games ago we went away to a Premiership team and beat them, recording a clean sheet in the process. We've kept one clean sheet in 23 league games.

We're also one of only two teams to beat Hibs at Easter Road this season.

22 minutes ago, div said:

3 games ago we went away to a Premiership team and beat them, recording a clean sheet in the process. We've kept one clean sheet in 23 league games.

That sounds like a Mark Warburton "if yir maw hud baws and a cock she'd be yir da" type rationale. We are consistently the worse team in our league. 

The Dundee result really doesn't matter. The consistency is that the performances on the whole just aren't good enough, we're also still very much rock bottom. For every good thing there's been something just as shite. I wouldn't even say we're dominating games.

That sounds like a Mark Warburton "if yir maw hud baws and a cock she'd be yir da" type rationale. We are consistently the worse team in our league. 

Yes. The league table is all that matters and at the moment it says we are the worst team in the league.

That doesn't mean we should pack up and go home though. There's still 13 games and 39 points left to play for.

5 minutes ago, div said:

Yes. The league table is all that matters and at the moment it says we are the worst team in the league.

That doesn't mean we should pack up and go home though. There's still 13 games and 39 points left to play for.

How many points do you think we will pick up, not what you'd like now. :wink:

PS Careful now, I'll send you to the sin bin if you don't tell the truth.

Edited by faraway saint

How many points do you think we will pick up, not what you'd like now. :wink:
PS Careful now, I'll send you to the sin bin if you don't tell the truth.

I always try and be glass half full.

If we are going to get 9th we'll have to beat Ayr twice. We should be able to get 4 points from Raith, I'd like to think we could beat Dumbarton and Dunfermline at home.

The rest, not so confident about tbh.

So another 16 points to come, giving us 30pts

10 minutes ago, div said:

Yes all true, the support desperately needs something to feed off to keep the hope/faith alive, its actually quite boring bitching about our plight now, as I would assume it must be too, continually defending Ross. (Not that either comment is directed at you).

I think that is the catalyst of the current atmosphere of apathy, there are still enough points to be played for to make any number of outcomes possible, but we know how piss poor we have been thus far. You know we actually need two or three "relegation decider" games to focus everyones attention. Not the worst case scenario for the club, bigger gates, more excitement, increased revenues and the support get to let loose!

but if we just bimble along as we have until that point, the interest may have gone for a lot of supporters. 

2 minutes ago, div said:

I always try and be glass half full.

If we are going to get 9th we'll have to beat Ayr twice. We should be able to get 4 points from Raith, I'd like to think we could beat Dumbarton and Dunfermline at home.

The rest, not so confident about tbh.

So another 16 points to come, giving us 30pts

I'm not convinced we will beat Ayr twice, Raith, possibly could get the 4 but I fear Dunfermline as they, even when they were poor, still seem to get points off of us, having won 2 and drawn 1 of the 3 games we have played against them.

We also haven't beaten Dumbarton this season. In saying tat we haven't beaten many teams

Still, nothing is impossible, time will tell.

Ayr look like they have equally if not a worse run in than us. Having looked at the fixtures both teams have between now and end of the season, there is definitely plenty of winnable games. Realistically though, I think we need to beat Ayr in our next game to gain the psychological advantage over them. Irrespective of Ayr's result against Dumbarton, it would still be a huge confidence boost if we were to beat them and had a game in hand

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not convinced we will beat Ayr twice, Raith, possibly could get the 4 but I fear Dunfermline as they, even when they were poor, still seem to get points off of us, having won 2 and drawn 1 of the 3 games we have played against them.

We also haven't beaten Dumbarton this season. In saying tat we haven't beaten many teams

Still, nothing is impossible, time will tell.

30 points might not even be enough. Could Ayr get another 10 points between now and the end of the season if we beat them twice?

Very possibly.

You'll also have a situation with a few games to go where certain teams will be coasting with little to play for. Either waiting on the play offs or meandering around in no-mans land.

At that point you might see some strange results.

All is not lost, but I'd certainly start hoisting the white flag if we lose or even draw at Somerset on 25th.

38 minutes ago, div said:

30 points might not even be enough. Could Ayr get another 10 points between now and the end of the season if we beat them twice?

Very possibly.

You'll also have a situation with a few games to go where certain teams will be coasting with little to play for. Either waiting on the play offs or meandering around in no-mans land.

At that point you might see some strange results.

All is not lost, but I'd certainly start hoisting the white flag if we lose or even draw at Somerset on 25th.

If Ayr beat Dumbarton on Saturday I think we are down. 10 points is too much I feel for this current sqaud to haul back. I don't think we are good enough to beat Ayr twice and beat Dunfermline at home. We can't beat a poor Dumbarton team and a point was all we deserved on Saturday.  Ayr will be battling for all its worth and I don't see that in us. Just not showing it at all. So for me I think we are virtually gone if Ayr get 3 points on Saturday

Also have my doubts about the ability of management team to get us out of it. Starting Clarkson for Sutton on Saturday just makes me despair.

Edited by lenziebud

Time for" We are all in this together" calls , a call to arms if we like , GLS isn't getting rid of Jack he says this season or next . We really need to get behind the team ( Jack included) to try and get us out this hole.

I just like every Saints fan don't want to be playing in Division One next season ,so time to back the guys "One Town ,One Team".

Edited by linwood buddie