Jack Ross Must Go.

Guest TPAFKATS
You have a broken down car. You love this car and don't want to sell it or get rid of it.

You take it to one mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a second mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse again, so you get rid of him. You take it to a third mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a fourth mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem worse again, so you get rid of him.

You take it to a fifth mechanic. He can't fix it either and he makes the problem even worse... By now the car is quite literally falling apart.

Do you get rid of him because he can't do the job, or do you keep him working away at it simply because the other four mechanics before him were also useless?

The bizarre 'we have to stick with someone logic' says you stick with the fifth mechanic. He's making the problem worse, but em... the other four were also rubbish so you should stick with him...?

Of course the rational answer is that there are mechanics out there who can fix the car, and you should keep looking till you find one of them.

Toot toot, JR.

The obvious answer to this is that you get a new car.
However owning a car, even a much cherished one, isn't like supporting a football team.

This is the kind of shite analogy that Dickson used to use to try and prove he was right.

Guest TPAFKATS
So the last really good league performance was when?

Can't recall a really good league performance since DL was manager.
Beating Morton 3-0 at home last season was probably the best I can recall under AR

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, TopCat said:

You have a broken down car. You love this car and don't want to sell it or get rid of it.

You take it to one mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a second mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse again, so you get rid of him. You take it to a third mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a fourth mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem worse again, so you get rid of him.

You take it to a fifth mechanic. He can't fix it either and he makes the problem even worse... By now the car is quite literally falling apart.

Do you get rid of him because he can't do the job, or do you keep him working away at it simply because the other four mechanics before him were also useless?

The bizarre 'we have to stick with someone logic' says you stick with the fifth mechanic. He's making the problem worse, but em... the other four were also rubbish so you should stick with him...?

Of course the rational answer is that there are mechanics out there who can fix the car, and you should keep looking till you find one of them.

Toot toot, JR.

Of course, the fifth mechanic may take his time but then realise there are, say, ten parts of the car that don't work, and replace them with ten parts that do. Might be best to wait and see if the car runs better after that, don't you think?

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You have made accusations against possibly unknown folk, unless it's actually GLS your accusing of everything in your first post.

Are you willing to clarify it, as you've been previously quite adamant that clarity was important to you?

Nobody would like a board member of SMISA, of not maintaining the standards you set others so publicly.

You are on ignore now stalker, but as I previously offered, and you declined, i am happy to meet with you and you can ask whatever you wish? How about it Cockles..?

most other saints fans are savouring being in the hat for the quarter finals this morning, try enjoying yourself!

Did East Fife not wina cup tie at Love St? 1-0, and the goal was a pearler.
Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I've only scanned the last few pages.
They won the last two cup games we played. The game you mention was 2007 League Cup. They also won 1-0 in the LC at old Bayview in 1997.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

You are on ignore now stalker, but as I previously offered, and you declined, i am happy to meet with you and you can ask whatever you wish? How about it Cockles..?

most other saints fans are savouring being in the hat for the quarter finals this morning, try enjoying yourself!

You put him on ignore and then ask him a question???

It really is a toss up between you and TC for the most ridiculous post of the week.

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Why aren't you willing to name those who are in your opinion causing problems at our club publicly rather than in private?

How can I arrange a meeting if you've got me on ignore?

I ask a SMISA board person some simple and answerable questions and i get accused of being a stalker. I for one wouldn't have Tony Black representing our club or any associated association if thats his attitude to a fans genuine questions.

You can message me anytime, thats not blocked, so if you want to meet me please send that message and you can ask all your genuine questions, can i say fairer than that?

if you are a smisa member you can come to a smisa committee meeting, next one tomorrow night, there you can put forward any issue/motion you wish. Or you can contact smisa by email. There is no limit on you exercising your democratic right.

on the question you pose about "people causing problems" again i never said that..!

I said i disagreed with Jack Ross's appointment, and i said the rumours circulating about 'Rae having lost the dressing room' were at odds to players coming out in the media after he was sacked supporting him.

you made a pile of pish up from that, insinuating i had labelled the chairman as dishonest. It really is shame on you mate for trying to stir the shit, if you are a smisa member take it up through the proper channels.

just to add there are naked women on the internet if you just need to clear the pipes oot!

Edited by Lord Pityme

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Someone on the board of SMISA.

Worrying eh?

Yes very worrying. I am pretty sure he was responsible for all that 10,000 whores crap too.

This is what happens when people post anonymously when they are elected officials.

Edited by oaksoft

On 10/02/2017 at 11:21 AM, cockles1987 said:

I'll try and answer the following questions.

To show they were loyal and would be loyal and supportive of any manager publicly.

I've answered that above.

So who are you actually accusing of the spin?

I've tried to see what the question is, but can only see you publicly questioning St Mirren's Chairmans honesty.

Do you believe that is fitting of a board member of SMISA?

I don't agree with the idea that Rae should have stayed, i didn't agree with the appointment of Jack Ross as his replacement, we have to go with what we have though and should drop the Rae v Ross debate, the manager should be assessed come the season end,and any appropriate action taken then.

LPM has not accused the chairman of being dishonest, he has not named anyone personally as being dishonest he has stated that he thinks some people had put out the word that there was dressing room upset with Rae in charge,there was a lot of talk about that at the time from a quite a few people, so it's not news to me and not exclusive to LPM. Neither is it surprising to me that you bring SMiSA into the debate, you seem to have a dislike for SMiSA or at least some of the committee, i've experienced that in the past from you.

LPM is entitled to his opinion on this forum just as much as any of us, you don't agree with him, sometimes i don't agree with him. To bring SMiSA into a debate that is not about SMiSA suggests yet again that you have an issue with them or some of their committee. Is that the case ?

Keep sacking managers - an excellent plan. Keep sacking them until we get one who comes in and does a miraculous job with a squad of players which has been butchered and plastered back together by a long list of short term appointments, all of whom have got rid of a load of underperformers and signed their own batch.

We should still be in the Scottish League at that point, hopefully, playing in front of less than a thousand diehards, some of whom will still be plodding on with the notion that we need to keep sacking managers until we find a good one.

The alternative is giving time to one manager, the one we have. Make him the chosen one who gets to complete a full season from start to finish, from preseason til the final whistle of the final game, then assess him based on a length of time which should be considered the minimum term a manager should be given.

Nobody is saying he is the next Sir Alex Ferguson. He's a young manager who has had good spells and bad spells in his management career so far. Sacking our 5th manager in 3 years since effectively sacking Danny Lennon doesn't make us an appealing job for any manager with the proven ability to take us in the right direction. People wonder why John Hughes went to Raith but wasn't interested in the Saints job? Probably the revolving door to the manager's office that made him give it a miss.

It is time to take a more long term view on things, no matter what your opinion on the current manager. What is the alternative? Who would be next to get their 6 month stint in the hot seat? Who would take the job? How long before a section of the support are screaming for them to go?

Time for patience.

6 hours ago, Soctty said:

Keep sacking managers - an excellent plan. Keep sacking them until we get one who comes in and does a miraculous job with a squad of players which has been butchered and plastered back together by a long list of short term appointments, all of whom have got rid of a load of underperformers and signed their own batch.

We should still be in the Scottish League at that point, hopefully, playing in front of less than a thousand diehards, some of whom will still be plodding on with the notion that we need to keep sacking managers until we find a good one.

The alternative is giving time to one manager, the one we have. Make him the chosen one who gets to complete a full season from start to finish, from preseason til the final whistle of the final game, then assess him based on a length of time which should be considered the minimum term a manager should be given.

Nobody is saying he is the next Sir Alex Ferguson. He's a young manager who has had good spells and bad spells in his management career so far. Sacking our 5th manager in 3 years since effectively sacking Danny Lennon doesn't make us an appealing job for any manager with the proven ability to take us in the right direction. People wonder why John Hughes went to Raith but wasn't interested in the Saints job? Probably the revolving door to the manager's office that made him give it a miss.

It is time to take a more long term view on things, no matter what your opinion on the current manager. What is the alternative? Who would be next to get their 6 month stint in the hot seat? Who would take the job? How long before a section of the support are screaming for them to go?

Time for patience.

That's the thing, most managers with say more than 5 years experience or 1 club on their CV have mixed records so unless you can actually get SAF and not just some jakey with a red nose does it really matter who you choose? If a manager can't achieve what should have been a realistic target ie not finishing bottom then it's not working and time to bring out the next dancing bear.

Edit - as long as it's not TC!

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

That's the thing, most managers with say more than 5 years experience or 1 club on their CV have mixed records so unless you can actually get SAF and not just some jakey with a red nose does it really matter who you choose? If a manager can't achieve what should have been a realistic target ie not finishing bottom then it's not working and time to bring out the next dancing bear.

Edit - as long as it's not TC!

Just my own opinion I hope he is the manager next season if we go down I'm 100% sure he will be given a three and half year contract thankfully. 

Just my own opinion I hope he is the manager next season if we go down I'm 100% sure he will be given a three and half year contract thankfully. 

If we are relegated you'd be thankful that the club reward the manager with a long term contract? Look what happened with Tom Hendrie and his 5 year deal.

I am not calling for Jack Ross to be sacked first and foremost, he should be given time to build his own team and to let them gel.

Now he was appointed at the start of October and since then Ayr have only won 2 league games and yet we are still 7 points behind them.

We are still needing to score 3 goals to win games, something which we haven't been capable of for most of the season. We scored 3 last week against a part time team but have managed to concede 4 in the last 2 games against Dumbarton and East Fife.

We better hope the new signings gel in pretty quick because if the gap between us and Ayr is any bigger after our game at Somerset Park we can pretty much kiss this league goodbye and say hello to League One for the first time in our history.

5 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm looking for Dumbarton to beat Ayr on Saturday meaning that if we go and beat Ayr there will be a 4 point gap with a game in hand for us.

As am I but we were expecting Hibs to take care of Ayr a couple of weeks ago. 

They were taken to extra time last night by Clyde (they couldn't beat Clyde or Queens Park over 4 games) and seem to have picked up a few knocks, Dumbarton are strong at home but we can't take anything for granted.

Can't focus too much on Ayr, if we aren't winning it doesn't matter what they do but they have signed a decent striker now which they have been crying out for all season. Just need to hope he won't make the difference to them.

3 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

As am I but we were expecting Hibs to take care of Ayr a couple of weeks ago. 

They were taken to extra time last night by Clyde (they couldn't beat Clyde or Queens Park over 4 games) and seem to have picked up a few knocks, Dumbarton are strong at home but we can't take anything for granted.

Can't focus too much on Ayr, if we aren't winning it doesn't matter what they do but they have signed a decent striker now which they have been crying out for all season. Just need to hope he won't make the difference to them.

I agree and we must also hope that as our new squad play more games they get better each week. I think winning against TNS and a wee bonus win for Dumbarton would set us up perfectly for Ayr in terms of confidence.... and would also see a wee unbeaten run developing...yes i am counting the 2-2 draw at Dumbarton :D

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I'm quite happy to answer or reply to your comments/observations.

For the Rae vs Ross, it was brought up by LPM mid conversation for some reason.

You wrote he thinks, yet he wrote and i quote 'it is telling' and 'Someone is.' Not he thinks. As can be seen in his own post.

And in the same sentence he mentions this Someone and GLS regarding being economical with the truth.

Then this

I for one agree that everyone has the right of an opinion, whilst It is my belief that any office bearer or those that are in a position of responsibility are accountable for what they write or say in public.

I've written truthfully what my thoughts are.

My thoughts regarding SMISA and the buyout are and I certainly hope they'll be a success and as I don't know any of the board personally I can only reply to what they have written.

My point is that you brought SMiSA into this without the need to do so, that is because, i believe that anyone should be able to put their comments on here and if you disagree then have a ding dong or a sing song between you if you wish to do so.

SMiSA committee members are actually meant to question decisions made by the club,otherwise they would not be "suitable" for the job, i personally have come to the decision however that doing so on this forum is not a good idea, we should be able to come on here and voice our opinions and then debate the issue, but unfortunately it leads to situations such as this where people expect us to communicate but when we have a different opinion from others we are sometimes-as in this example-accused of "not being suitable to be on the committee" If we all nodded in agreement and didn't question club decisions we would be unsuitable.

LPM has spent countless hours researching and contributing to the needs of SMiSA and in my opinion is a very able and suitable person to have on board. Just my opinion of course, though i am aware that other committee members think likewise.

Your post where you named him as Tony Black is what led me to believe you have a personal issue with him, otherwise why mention his name, most people know who he is and know that i am Peter Black, so can i ask what your name is (no need to post it just PM it) it might help me understand why you have a personal issue with him and from past experiences, possibly having a personal issue with me.