Jack Ross Must Go.

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah, who could have said Rae would have won a game right enough but, again Ross has had a disaster on that front.

I think more are sick of our results than any manager merry go round FFS.

Part of this manager merry go round was Rae, yet it didn't seem to bother many then?

Anyway, this, as usual is going round and round, I'll leave it here.  

I am behind Jack, BUT lets say we do go down then the beneath games have been disasters

0-3 QOS. They hadnt won in months

0-1 Sons- Poor tactics and got suckered

0-1 PARS again poor tactics got wrong

1-1 Ton , 2-2 Sons- Cant hold on to a lead

1-1 Ayr poor Tactics miss another pen

So that's 17 league games and I  highlighted     35% of them, all must win games , 15 lost points and main reason we haven't gained.....

BUT- Last 12 games , mainly Cups P 12 W6 D3 L3............... Do that in our last 13 and  that 21 points,   reckon that will secure us 9th.................

I reckon under Jack we play ok however we have not shown any spine under him, that now has to change

16 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ah the old "your just moaning, because you disagree with me line". What i dont get is it would appear Jack Ross is only responsible when we win games, and when we don't it is some guy last seen around the team in October last year who is responsible.... i loved yesterdays result, the real cup final is this saturday.... still we only need a win so it shoukd be a good day for Jack...?

Rae was actually sacked in mid-September.

I've already said many times that I would agree the football under Rae was almost always fairly dire to watch. I've also said I would like Jack Ross to succeed with the club in the short and long term. I don't think it is much of a leap to say that had Rae been given more time results would have got better and we would have won some league games. Ross's cup record is used in his favour, almost half of our cup wins this season came under Alex Rae. Why is it important to count cup wins among the evidence to support continuing with Jack Ross even if we get relegated but cup wins under Rae are somehow irrelevant in taking into account Rae's record? Rae also had injuries to Morgan, Quinn, MacKenzie, Gordon, and McAllister during his 6 league games where we struggled to get results.

19 hours ago, smcc said:

Who do you suggest could have done any better with the squad that Jack inherited?

How many other Championship clubs raked in the kind of transfer fees we did during the January window?

Most of the players we sold stayed in the Scottish Championship or went up division to the English Championship or Scottish Premiership. Scottish Championship managers like Neil Lennon, Jim Duffy, Stevie Aitken and er Gary Locke were quite happy to take on players signed by Alex-he-doesn't-have-a-clue-Rae.

Two out of all Rae's signings dropped down the pecking order (Hutton going on loan to Airdrie and Walsh leaving the international Rangers and not finding another club yet).

9 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rae was actually sacked in mid-September.

I've already said many times that I would agree the football under Rae was almost always fairly dire to watch. I've also said I would like Jack Ross to succeed with the club in the short and long term. I don't think it is much of a leap to say that had Rae been given more time results would have got better and we would have won some league games. Ross's cup record is used in his favour, almost half of our cup wins this season came under Alex Rae. Why is it important to count cup wins among the evidence to support continuing with Jack Ross even if we get relegated but cup wins under Rae are somehow irrelevant in taking into account Rae's record? Rae also had injuries to Morgan, Quinn, MacKenzie, Gordon, and McAllister during his 6 league games where we struggled to get results.

We are comparing a very unpopular manager, Sevco daft, eye off the ball muppet that Gilmour so badly selected............ by the outgoing BOD ..... Sorry but Rae was a car crash, and a bitter wee shit, who played crap football, blamed kids and was a complete fanny. It was a tick box exercise by Gilmour....

I , at least feel, the JR is one of ours and cares deeply, he is still learning, that's obvious, but things are def better, they are just still not good enough.

But sorry Rae was poison, and he is were he belongs------ Ibrox , good ridden and thanks for F all

Edited by DougJamie

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

We are comparing a very unpopular manager, Sevco daft, eye off the ball muppet that Gilmour so badly selected............ with the new BOD selection..... Sorry but Rae was a car crash, and a bitter wee shit, who played crap football, blamed kids and was a complete fanny. the obvious choice  a could give  flying outgoing BOD....

I , at least feel, the JR is one of ours and cares deeply, he is still learning, that's obvious, but things are def better, they are just still not good enough.

But sorry Rae was poison, and he is were he belongs------ Ibrox 

Rae seemed to have a fair amount of backing among the fans last season when he took us from 10th in the league to 6th (and played Baird, Mallan, Shankland, McAllister and Morgan in the first team - not bad for a manager opposed to a youth system / young players). Baird probably got more backing than he has had from Jack Ross.

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We are comparing a very unpopular manager, Sevco daft, eye off the ball muppet that Gilmour so badly selected............ with the new BOD selection..... Sorry but Rae was a car crash, and a bitter wee shit, who played crap football, blamed kids and was a complete fanny. the obvious choice  a could give  flying outgoing BOD....

But sorry Rae was poison, and he is were he belongs------ Ibrox 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ One of the reasons that sacking Rae was for the wrong reasons.

Continual references to his past are pathetic but that's, obviously, what drove many fans to spout their venom.

What's done is done, let's concentrate on our current manager, one of our own (That's a new one) who could quite easily guide us into oblivion. <_<

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ One of the reasons that sacking Rae was for the wrong reasons.

Continual references to his past are pathetic but that's, obviously, what drove may fans to spout their venom.

What's done is done, let's concentrate on our current manager, one of our own (That's a new one) who could quite easily guide us into oblivion. <_<

Mate, I am concentrating but I also know thru work that Rae totally slates our club, and also did when our manager...... Yes we need to concentrate on the now, but we also need to learn from the past...... For the record I thought IM was the good choice and actually has experience of our current situation 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, I am concentrating but I also know thru work that Rae totally slates our club, and also did when our manager...... Yes we need to concentrate on the now, but we also need to learn from the past...... For the record I thought IM was the good choice and actually has experience of our current situation 

IM..... feck me thats brightened up my day. 

His experience of our current situation is he put us in it last season and Rae dragged his ass oot the fire. Still mind you that wasn't Alex Rae's team last season, and he kept us up, and that wasnt Jack Ross's team at Alloa and he sunk like a torpedoed battleship.

if Alloa's fate last season should befall us this term, will Ross become known amongst the League Managers Association as 'Uncle Albert'..?

Right guys. Loads of complaints about Jack Ross and St Mirren doing your head in. Team tactics, strategy and first half performances. There is one easy solution to the Jack Ross scenario. Buy yourself a match ticket and take advantage of your Buddie card. Trust me with enough drink in you the first half performance is incidental. Before you know it you’re singing “wee Stevie Mallon” and shouting “into them Stelly.” Stellios really did look up for this one. With enough alcohol in you Jack Ross looks quite a strategist. At peace with world you can then stroll into the 1877 Club where a man with a beard wearing an Indian headdress and a St Mirren flag draped around his shoulders will keep you amused with his spectacular air guitar displays as he dances to the Club DJ. Whatever it is that’s doing your head in be SMISA, JR or indian war dances his holiness GS is on hand to answer your question and shake your hand. Being drunk does not dissuade him from speaking to you. Feck he spoke to me and didn’t seem put off by my slobbering nonsense. A few OK maybe a lot of beer after the game helps too.

So guys stop fecking moaning and get to the Pub. It helps. Honest. Now what pubs can I visit in Ayr???

ticket.jpg

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Pub shut nothing else to do

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right guys. Loads of complaints about Jack Ross and St Mirren doing your head in. Team tactics, strategy and first half performances. There is one easy solution to the Jack Ross scenario. Buy yourself a match ticket and take advantage of your Buddie card. Trust me with enough drink in you the first half performance is incidental. Before you know it you’re singing “wee Stevie Mallon” and shouting “into them Stelly.” Stellios really did look up for this one. With enough alcohol in you Jack Ross looks quite a strategist. At peace with world you can then stroll into the 1877 Club where a man with a beard wearing an Indian headdress and a St Mirren flag draped around his shoulders will keep you amused with his spectacular air guitar displays as he dances to the Club DJ. Whatever it is that’s doing your head in be SMISA, JR or indian war dances his holiness GS is on hand to answer your question and shake your hand. Being drunk does not dissuade him from speaking to you. Feck he spoke to me and didn’t seem put off by my slobbering nonsense. A few OK maybe a lot of beer after the game helps too.

So guys stop fecking moaning and get to the Pub. It helps. Honest. Now what pubs can I visit in Ayr???

ticket.jpg

That's going to some hangover. :lol:

Very True East, I have been considering our dilemmas thru sobering views.

Correct, I should get pissed, hell we still have 39 points to play for thats 53 in total, which means Hibs still need 5 points to pip us to title .

Tony F, was certainly up to your tactics when he suggested SPFL champs in 2019............... so obviously this is tried and tested

SG was clearly out of his face when he made the previous 4 appointments:guinness

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rae seemed to have a fair amount of backing among the fans last season when he took us from 10th in the league to 6th (and played Baird, Mallan, Shankland, McAllister and Morgan in the first team - not bad for a manager opposed to a youth system / young players). Baird probably got more backing than he has had from Jack Ross.

We were 8th when Rae took over.

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

How many other Championship clubs raked in the kind of transfer fees we did during the January window?

Most of the players we sold stayed in the Scottish Championship or went up division to the English Championship or Scottish Premiership. Scottish Championship managers like Neil Lennon, Jim Duffy, Stevie Aitken and er Gary Locke were quite happy to take on players signed by Alex-he-doesn't-have-a-clue-Rae.

Two out of all Rae's signings dropped down the pecking order (Hutton going on loan to Airdrie and Walsh leaving the international Rangers and not finding another club yet).

Scott Gallacher was only signed by Hibs as cover not to be first choice (or even second choice) 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

ticket.jpg

Sounds good. Right, give me a few moments to get rat-faced and shit-arsed, or is it the other way around? Anyway, will get back to you when totally wasted and see what transpires...

...goes away and gets completely blootered...

Yesssshhh! Fcukin' easy the Mirren! Champions by 2019! Burrrrp! Get it fcukin' up yez'... I'm CEO, I'm CEO, you're no', you're no... see that fcukin' Paul Lambert? Fcukin' twenty million quid! Fcukin' mon' the Saints.... ah' feel sick...

Hmm. :P

Guest TPAFKATS
I am behind Jack, BUT lets say we do go down then the beneath games have been disasters
0-3 QOS. They hadnt won in months
0-1 Sons- Poor tactics and got suckered
0-1 PARS again poor tactics got wrong
1-1 Ton , 2-2 Sons- Cant hold on to a lead
1-1 Ayr poor Tactics miss another pen

So that's 17 league games and I  highlighted     35% of them, all must win games , 15 lost points and main reason we haven't gained.....
BUT- Last 12 games , mainly Cups P 12 W6 D3 L3............... Do that in our last 13 and  that 21 points,   reckon that will secure us 9th.................
I reckon under Jack we play ok however we have not shown any spine under him, that now has to change

It's actually less than 30%, not 35%

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Sounds good. Right, give me a few moments to get rat-faced and shit-arsed, or is it the other way around? Anyway, will get back to you when totally wasted and see what transpires...

...goes away and gets completely blootered...

Yesssshhh! Fcukin' easy the Mirren! Champions by 2019! Burrrrp! Get it fcukin' up yez'... I'm CEO, I'm CEO, you're no', you're no... see that fcukin' Paul Lambert? Fcukin' twenty million quid! Fcukin' mon' the Saints.... ah' feel sick...

Hmm. :P

Yeah! you're definitely getting the hang of this No Worries, Hakuna Matata, My friend. Right it's your round set them up.:cheers

Because Ross didn't give Walsh a chance, I actually thought he was an ok player. Just my opinion.

The most important relationship at any club is that between the chairman and the manager, and I'm led to believe that the relationship between Rae and Scott was non existent.  After Scott took over it was just a matter of time before Rae was removed.  Maybe if SMiSA hadn't pushed for the takeover then Gilmour would still be chairman and Lord Pityme would still have his man Rae in charge.  Be careful what you wish for and all that.:D

4 minutes ago, scottd said:

The most important relationship at any club is that between the chairman and the manager, and I'm led to believe that the relationship between Rae and Scott was non existent.  After Scott took over it was just a matter of time before Rae was removed.  Maybe if SMiSA hadn't pushed for the takeover then Gilmour would still be chairman and Lord Pityme would still have his man Rae in charge.  Be careful what you wish for and all that.:D

If that's true it just confirms for me that the sacking was premature and if we are relegated it will be largely GS's fault.

Still no February update from SMiSA!