Jack Ross Must Go.

Just following on from the discussion on letting everyone have their opinion and say. Undoubtedly we are now picking up wins and keeping clean sheets that seemed beyond us for most of this season so far. With our cup final bringing us level on games played this weekend an Ayr victory, followed by a result for them in their midweek game will see us isolated again needing a minimum of two wins better than Ayr to pass them, with seven games left to achieve this.

of those seven games there is only our last home game against Raith where the opposition might not have anything to play for, in other words we will be up against teams fighting for promotion, or like us against relegation in possibly all our games now. Our recent results of beating Hibs and Dundee Utd, whilst drawing at home to Dunfermline and losing easily to Raith show any team is capable of getting a result in any game in this league. Unfortunately that may work against us now with so few games left to play.

if its your opinion we have improved, and that Ross should get the chance to manage us next season even if relegated? Think how you will feel if Morton, (who exist on a shoestring budget in comparison) exit this league at the same time, but in a different direction.,

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just following on from the discussion on letting everyone have their opinion and say. Undoubtedly we are now picking up wins and keeping clean sheets that seemed beyond us for most of this season so far. With our cup final bringing us level on games played this weekend an Ayr victory, followed by a result for them in their midweek game will see us isolated again needing a minimum of two wins better than Ayr to pass them, with seven games left to achieve this.

of those seven games there is only our last home game against Raith where the opposition might not have anything to play for, in other words we will be up against teams fighting for promotion, or like us against relegation in possibly all our games now. Our recent results of beating Hibs and Dundee Utd, whilst drawing at home to Dunfermline and losing easily to Raith show any team is capable of getting a result in any game in this league. Unfortunately that may work against us now with so few games left to play.

if its your opinion we have improved, and that Ross should get the chance to manage us next season even if relegated? Think how you will feel if Morton, (who exist on a shoestring budget in comparison) exit this league at the same time, but in a different direction.,

My opinion is if Jack had his squad that he signed in January from the start of the season we would be championship winning contenders right now.

Edited by Kendo

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

My opinion is if Jack had his squad that he signed in January from the start so the season we would be championship contenders right now.

You are entitled to your opinion, i would only point out so far he hasnt, with the big increase in budget and players signed got us off the bottom! So i cant agree we would be fighting for the top spot on the evidence so far.

If Ayr beat Dumbarton, Dumbarton will then be our target as they will be 4 points ahead of us having played a game more and having still to come to St Mirren Park.

If we get relegated, despite having improved dramatically since the January transfer window, Morton's exploits won't have any bearing on how I'll feel at us going down - I'll be devastated whether they win promotion or not

That all being said, l firmly believe we will stay up. Teams above us can't all win all their games, so if we keep picking up wins, we'll pass them. If we don't, we won't deserve to pass them.

You are entitled to your opinion, i would only point out so far he hasnt, with the big increase in budget and players signed got us off the bottom! So i cant agree we would be fighting for the top spot on the evidence so far.

Since the end of January we are the form team in the division. This supports the theory that we would be challenging for the title had we started the season with the squad we have now.

Only since January has Jack had an 'increase in budget', after all...

11 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Since the end of January we are the form team in the division. This supports the theory that we would be challenging for the title had we started the season with the squad we have now.

Only since January has Jack had an 'increase in budget', after all...

Indeed, 7 games, not quite enough, IMO, to support any theory we could be challenging for the title.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, 7 games, not quite enough, IMO, to support any theory we could be challenging for the title.

Although I agree with what you've said I think it would be fair to say that had we started the season with Jack Ross and the current squad we wouldn't be fannying around with relegation

I think it is, as we've beaten both the biggest clubs in the division among those games, and been impressive in our performances. I accept that your opinion may differ. [emoji108]

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think it is, as we've beaten both the biggest clubs in the division among those games, and been impressive in our performances. I accept that your opinion may differ. emoji108.png

One of these "biggest" clubs are bottom of the form league for the same 7 games.

Can't have it both ways.

Oh, we also aren't THE form team, both Falkirk & Morton are equal on form over 7 games.

It's all irrelevant, I'm only interested in the facts, and we all hope we are not bottom after the next seven games of the only league position that matters. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Always looking on the bright side. Lord Pityme is BAWA'S Private Fraser

One of these "biggest" clubs are bottom of the form league for the same 7 games.
Can't have it both ways.
Oh, we also aren't THE form team, both Falkirk & Morton are equal on form over 7 games.
It's all irrelevant, I'm only interested in the facts, and we all hope we are not bottom after the next seven games of the only league position that matters. :wink:

It's my opinion - I can have it any way I want. It's not being argued in front of a grand jury...

[emoji23]

Indeed, with no credible reasoning, you fire away. [emoji38]

Of course there's credible reasoning. I've not done a 200 page report, complete with graphs, charts and appendices, all referenced, but that's because it's just an opinion.

It's infinitely more credible in my view than someone saying we'd be relegation material based on the same sample of games.

It's not a tough assumption to understand, but I'm sure you'll continue to struggle manfully with it. [emoji108]

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Of course there's credible reasoning. I've not done a 200 page report, complete with graphs, charts and appendices, all referenced, but that's because it's just an opinion.

It's infinitely more credible in my view than someone saying we'd be relegation material based on the same sample of games.

It's not a tough assumption to understand, but I'm sure you'll continue to struggle manfully with it. emoji108.png

Here you go again, someone doesn't agree and you think you are more intelligent.:snore

Time you got some new patter. :1eye

Its a funny old game!

at the start of the season we had most posters including your truly believing that the squad assembled was good enough to compete for promotion in this league. One manager got his jotters for getting three points out of his first six games, the new manager lost six on the bounce with the squad we all believed could compete.

in January there is a turnover of 20 players, most of the outgoing (the squad we liked pre season) went on to clubs in a better league, or league position to us and we are still the basement club, but some of us make the nonsensical statement .... " if Jack Ross was here at the start of the season with his current squad we would be fighting for promotion" 

how does that work? Other than it just isnt reality because it never happened, how does it make sense? A number of the January signings (through their own performances) are already proving to be surplus to requirements. Fyelde, Storey, Todd, Stelios and Loy (when he isnt getting a penalty that should have gone to Mallan or McGinn).

add to that since its been 'Jack's Squad' we have lost to QoS, Raith, Falkirk and dropped points against Dunfermline twice, and Dumbarton. Not promotion form in anyones book surely? We have picked up more wins and clean sheets, but we are still inconsistent and vulnerable when pressured. Getting a relegation play off spot would now be a real achievement... how many predicted that back in early August?

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's all irrelevant, I'm only interested in the facts, 

IF we win the cup, Stay up and go onto win promotion next year before winning the Premier League in 2019 under JR then it will be a FACT he was the right man for the job and TF wasn't on crack when he made his prediction.

:withstupid

But let's start with the cup

13 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

IF we win the cup, Stay up and go onto win promotion next year before winning the Premier League in 2019 under JR then it will be a FACT he was the right man for the job and TF wasn't on crack when he made his prediction.

:withstupid

But let's start with the cup

For some people , this still wouldn't be enough . They would still be wanting Gus to return .