Jack Ross Must Go.

We lost to a team that are in freefall, we have little or no chance of anything but a play off place, woo hop.

FS, I don't understand this attitude.

Would you have given the boys credit if they'd won yesterday or simply said it isn't matter as Utd were on a bad run? They are a decent side with a number of players too good for this level and yesterday's game was a cracking, open, cup final where we didn't carry the rub of the green we've had in previous weeks. Great chances went begging and a couple of decisions didn't go our way but that's how it goes.

Ayr winning makes the gap 4 points, sure, but it also makes it a definite 3 horse race as Dumbarton are also only 4 points ahead and have played a game more. Raith, despite picking up 4 points in their last two games, aren't out of it yet either and we have to play them all at home, where our form has improved dramatically.

Then we have our run in "from hell" as described by someone else in another post. Well, even if you believe that the others at the bottom will be playing each other during these games and somebody has to drop points.

Win our three homes games remaining and see what that brings us. Then we'll see what points need to be delivered from the others.

A couple of months ago we'd have bitten the hand off someone to have a crack at the playoff. That is very much within our grasp and we've played well over the last couple of months so why shouldn't we make it?

44 minutes ago, DLBud said:

FS, I don't understand this attitude.

Would you have given the boys credit if they'd won yesterday or simply said it isn't matter as Utd were on a bad run? They are a decent side with a number of players too good for this level and yesterday's game was a cracking, open, cup final where we didn't carry the rub of the green we've had in previous weeks. Great chances went begging and a couple of decisions didn't go our way but that's how it goes.

Ayr winning makes the gap 4 points, sure, but it also makes it a definite 3 horse race as Dumbarton are also only 4 points ahead and have played a game more. Raith, despite picking up 4 points in their last two games, aren't out of it yet either and we have to play them all at home, where our form has improved dramatically.

Then we have our run in "from hell" as described by someone else in another post. Well, even if you believe that the others at the bottom will be playing each other during these games and somebody has to drop points.

Win our three homes games remaining and see what that brings us. Then we'll see what points need to be delivered from the others.

A couple of months ago we'd have bitten the hand off someone to have a crack at the playoff. That is very much within our grasp and we've played well over the last couple of months so why shouldn't we make it?

I would have given credit had we won yesterday but it doesn't change the fact United, on recent form, are very poor. We played pretty decent in the first half and, yes, should have been in front but we were woeful in the second half, as were United so, overall, both teams were poor. I agree a few months ago we would have accepted the play off place and I think that's the best we can hope for. As you say let's see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Another glorious failure, JR left it too long to freshen things up, yesterday's performance/result doesn't improve my rating of him, still got the same opinion I had on P3 - ninth or bust!

Aye, I've also never been shouting for JR to go, especially at the time this thread appeared but it's reasonable for the people who run the club to assess his overall performance at the end if the season. None of this "playing well" subjective shit, points on the board are all that matters in our position. Playing like Barcelona can come later.

It's crazy people are still posting on this thread (let alone it being created on the 7th of January before he had a chance to replace the absoultely horrific signings that Rae made, that every single one of us were aware were far from good enough) Jack Ross has done a fantastic job since he's been here, at this level he's brought in some amazing players, got us to a cup final, a Quarter final and made us one of the the most in form teams in the league of 2017

The question is what subs would you of made yesterday? I think we played very well yesterday and struggle to see how subs would of added anything to the game. We go again next week, get behind Ross and the team, it's night and day to what we had first half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's crazy people are still posting on this thread (let alone it being created on the 7th of January before he had a chance to replace the absoultely horrific signings that Rae made, that every single one of us were aware were far from good enough) Jack Ross has done a fantastic job since he's been here, at this level he's brought in some amazing players, got us to a cup final, a Quarter final and made us one of the the most in form teams in the league of 2017

The question is what subs would you of made yesterday? I think we played very well yesterday and struggle to see how subs would of added anything to the game. We go again next week, get behind Ross and the team, it's night and day to what we had first half of the season. 

Yet you posted on this thread? :blink:

Another glorious failure, JR left it too long to freshen things up, yesterday's performance/result doesn't improve my rating of him, still got the same opinion I had on P3 - ninth or bust!

On the subs. Really thin bench yesterday with respect to midfield and front players. So not much scope where we needed it.

The cup tied rule has no logic at all and cut our options further. What is the point of it ?

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

QotS fielded three new players on Jan 7th and two of them made significant contributions that day, they didn't need a month to gel!

You say JR's done a fantastic job since he came here and then in the next sentence there's no-one on the bench who could've freshened up a wilting midfield - something doesn't add up. :unsure:

Finally it's not night and day in terms of league position - we're still 10th.

12 minutes ago, David Mc said:

On the subs. Really thin bench yesterday with respect to midfield and front players. So not much scope where we needed it.

The cup tied rule has no logic at all and cut our options further. What is the point of it ?

Wonder why Stelios has fallen quickly out of favour he can play in midfield as well as defence.

Try fresh legs that would of been a start, the players were running out of steam specially in that heat.

Although the result did not go our way I throughly enjpyed the game and the whole day.
Jack Ross is the special one come the end of the season the blind ones will see again. Miracles are real [emoji4]

That remains to be seen but hope you're right.

Guest TPAFKATS

Only in Scotland could you hear that. It was a full 14 degrees.

I said something similar abbots teams took a water break while their keeper was 'treated' following Loy's challenge.

5 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Wonder why Stelios has fallen quickly out of favour he can play in midfield as well as defence.

This is the one I've been wondering about. Is it just a case that Gary Irvine has got the jersey and is playing well, so he keeps it until that changes, or is there any more to it? 

Jack Ross made that unusual comment about the intensity of Stelios' commitment annoying some people in training, which he was actually using to praise him, so I'm assuming it's not a personality clash or anything like that which has seen him out of the team. I'm wondering if Jack perhaps sees Irvine as being here next season, but Stelios not, for whatever reason. I don't know. Some, or all, of the above might be pish, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why a guy who was a stand out player, and a genuine attacking threat is now out of the picture.

It's that attacking option that's going to waste for me. Stelios has got a few moves in him, and hasn't wasted a cross since the moment he come on at East Fife. He's got the tricks to beat a man and open things up. He terrorised David Gray in that Hibs game. Gray couldn't get near him, either  individually, or even more so when he linked up with Morgan.

What I know is that in the coming games, if we look pretty, dominate possession, create a few chances, but don't win, that's going to be absolutely no use to us.

We need to be using any edge we can get, and for me that includes finding a role for Stelios.

33 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

This is the one I've been wondering about. Is it just a case that Gary Irvine has got the jersey and is playing well, so he keeps it until that changes, or is there any more to it? 

Jack Ross made that unusual comment about the intensity of Stelios' commitment annoying some people in training, which he was actually using to praise him, so I'm assuming it's not a personality clash or anything like that which has seen him out of the team. I'm wondering if Jack perhaps sees Irvine as being here next season, but Stelios not, for whatever reason. I don't know. Some, or all, of the above might be pish, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why a guy who was a stand out player, and a genuine attacking threat is now out of the picture.

It's that attacking option that's going to waste for me. Stelios has got a few moves in him, and hasn't wasted a cross since the moment he come on at East Fife. He's got the tricks to beat a man and open things up. He terrorised David Gray in that Hibs game. Gray couldn't get near him, either  individually, or even more so when he linked up with Morgan.

What I know is that in the coming games, if we look pretty, dominate possession, create a few chances, but don't win, that's going to be absolutely no use to us.

We need to be using any edge we can get, and for me that includes finding a role for Stelios.

Its pretty simple really. Irvine at right back is a better player than Stelios as are the other defenders and midfield players holding the jersey at the moment. If any injuries though he is a decent option

Spoke to a few old Buddies that I hadn't seen in a few months/years in the many bouncing pubs in Paisley last night. The general concensus among the folk I spoke to was that Jack Ross is the guy we have to go with next season, regardless of the league we're in. 

I think, as a whole, the St Mirren support is buying into what we're doing in a big way and there is genuine long term optimism there. The strong numbers still attending, enthusiasm and vocal backing of the support sort of reinforces this viewpoint. Yes, there will always be detractors but the overall mood of the support certainly hasn't struck me as that of a club seemingly doomed in our position. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Spoke to a few old Buddies that I hadn't seen in a few months/years in the many bouncing pubs in Paisley last night. The general concensus among the folk I spoke to was that Jack Ross is the guy we have to go with next season, regardless of the league we're in. 

I think, as a whole, the St Mirren support is buying into what we're doing in a big way and there is genuine long term optimism there. The strong numbers still attending, enthusiasm and vocal backing of the support sort of reinforces this viewpoint. Yes, there will always be detractors but the overall mood of the support certainly hasn't struck me as that of a club seemingly doomed in our position. 

Hilarious. The support are happy we are probably heading to football oblivion? We have a manager who, after 5 months hasn't moved us from the bottom of a shit league yet, for some unknown reason, has the backing of the support? Suppose it'll be cheaper next season, that will keep some people happy. Aye, happy sums it up. Me, I preferred being in the top league.