Jack Ross Must Go.

Did you give Ross and the team the plaudits they deserved though ?

Plaudits they deserved for finishing 19th in Scotland? Our worst finish for over a decade?

It's quite the measure of how far the football club has fallen that some of our supporters think that finishing 19th in the country deserves plaudits.

Or indeed that losing at home to Livingston then getting rinsed 5-0 by Patrick f**king Thistle is par for the course.

It's not.

Things don't have to be this bad.

Having watched that debacle today, I think we may well struggle.

The loss of Mallan is a major blow.

Sticking out such an attacking side away to a top 6 premiership side was stupid.

Jack Ross got his tactics wrong today.

Hopefully it turns out to be a blessing in disguise and Ross sorts things out.

Edited by mcdowell76

Having watched that debacle today, I think we may well struggle.
The loss of Mallan is a major blow.
Sticking out such an attacking side away to a top 6 premiership side was stupid.
Jack Ross got his tactics wrong today.
Hopefully it turns out to be a blessing in disguise and Ross sorts things out.

Of course Mallan will be a big loss. Anyone that scores double figures for any team will be a loss to any team but we have been this before with Dorman and McLean in recent years.

I don't think tactics let us down today but fitness, ability and quality. Let's not forget that Thistle made the top 6 last year with pretty much the same squad and team we came up against today. We have brought in umpteen players who disappointed today and will take time to gel.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Not only given a reality check but a signal to Jack on what we are lacking in the squad and what we need to improve on to get to that level.

I am only grateful we have time before the Falkirk game.

Just now, cockles1987 said:

I seriously worry for your obsession with Jack Ross.

Please tell us what he's done to you previously.

It's good to talk.

And it is an obsession. Anyone that rates Rae's style of football over Ross's is a lost cause tbh.

i reckon Jack refused him an autograph during his playing days.

And it is an obsession. Anyone that rates Rae's style of football over Ross's is a lost cause tbh.

I'm not interested in this unquantifiable 'style of football' barometer, I'm interested in results.

And Ross's are worse than Rae's.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Posted in every single match thread between those times.

If Rae hadn't been sacked I'm certain todays disgrace wouldn't have happened and that we would have finished with more points than we did last years

And Rae was a hopeless manager that needed emptied.

Oh God how to not lose it here. He'll knows what Jack Ross did to you TopCat clearly something did when he was a player . Your bitterness is there for all to see. Clearly Jack has his work cut out from what I have witnessed for the start of the season. However he saved us last season in some style I'm sure given time this great man can go on to bring a  successful team given time. At the moment things don't look right but Jack will admit that if you looked at his face after the game. You were always quite a positive supporter who had balanced views unfortunately not these days. Fine that's your view, bottom line is we have got to get on with it and hope Jack can sort it out. We need stability after so many managerial changes even you can surly see that. 

Oh God how to not lose it here. He'll knows what Jack Ross did to you TopCat clearly something did when he was a player . Your bitterness is there for all to see. Clearly Jack has his work cut out from what I have witnessed for the start of the season. However he saved us last season in some style I'm sure given time this great man can go on to bring a  successful team given time. At the moment things don't look right but Jack will admit that if you looked at his face after the game. You were always quite a positive supporter who had balanced views unfortunately not these days. Fine that's your view, bottom line is we have got to get on with it and hope Jack can sort it out. We need stability after so many managerial changes even you can surly see that. 

Actually quite liked him as a player. Never met him but by all accounts he's a nice fella.

I'm judging him by his performance as St Mirren manager only.

And it's not good enough.

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I'm not interested in this unquantifiable 'style of football' barometer, I'm interested in results.

And Ross's are worse than Rae's.

No wonder they're worse (by 0.12%) , Jack was saddled with Rae's pish for half a season .

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

More points in the league, higher position in the league, more points in the league cup.

By every measurable factor we were better off this time last year.

Still though, as you point out, personality and popularity matters.

Ross is the darling that Rae never was.

I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but this time last year we were in the same position league wise as we are tonight played zero, won zero, draw zero, lost zero with zero goals scored or conceded. FFS pal give the one man anti JR bandwagon a rest for at least a few weeks.

I was going to come on here and say 'I can't believe this thread hasn't died, give it a rest' then I read some of TopCats posts... :huh: Now I can fully see why this has endured for over seven months! Reading through the thread I think it's pretty clear he's just trolling now. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I was going to come on here and say 'I can't believe this thread hasn't died, give it a rest' then I read some of TopCats posts... :huh: Now I can fully see why this has endured for over seven months! Reading through the thread I think it's pretty clear he's just trolling now. 

He is just giving an honest opinion.

Presently he is not far wrong.

We are in a sorry state.

Although a few more additions and a hard working couple of weeks, we will be ready for Falkirk and the coming Season.

8 minutes ago, shull said:

He is just giving an honest opinion.

Presently he is not far wrong.

We are in a sorry state.

Although a few more additions and a hard working couple of weeks, we will be ready for Falkirk and the coming Season.

It was the comment that we'd of finished on more points last season if we kept Rae and comparing Rae and Ross performances in league cups and their first seasons here. None of it is relevant. If Jack Ross is six league games deep and we still haven't won a game then we'll see but it's far too early for any of this rubbish. 

Jack's made a rod for his own back with some of his signings. We could have withstood bringing in a couple of new guys from lower divisions and gradually integrated them , but not half of the squad. Central defence really concerns me , we know Gary Mac is good enough , but that's where it ends , and if Harry isn't fit until September then we're in trouble !

13 hours ago, TopCat said:

Plaudits they deserved for finishing 19th in Scotland? Our worst finish for over a decade?

It's quite the measure of how far the football club has fallen that some of our supporters think that finishing 19th in the country deserves plaudits.

Or indeed that losing at home to Livingston then getting rinsed 5-0 by Patrick f**king Thistle is par for the course.

It's not.

Things don't have to be this bad.

....and neither do the supporters....

13 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Of course Mallan will be a big loss. Anyone that scores double figures for any team will be a loss to any team but we have been this before with Dorman and McLean in recent years.

I don't think tactics let us down today but fitness, ability and quality. Let's not forget that Thistle made the top 6 last year with pretty much the same squad and team we came up against today. We have brought in numpty players who disappointed today and will take time to gel.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Not only given a reality check but a signal to Jack on what we are lacking in the squad and what we need to improve on to get to that level.

I am only grateful we have time before the Falkirk game.

THIS

31 minutes ago, billyg said:

Jack's made a rod for his own back with some of his signings. We could have withstood bringing in a couple of new guys from lower divisions and gradually integrated them , but not half of the squad.

We've only brought in 3 from the lower divisions this summer I thought?