Jack Ross Must Go.

2 minutes ago, weetoonsaint said:

f**k Jack ross !He's been shite in his last 2 jobs, why the f**k would we want him back.

Sunderland - clearly something else going on there, we talk managers before & since haven’t managed it. 
Hibs - 3rd place finish & two cup finals… not too bad I’d say. 

14 minutes ago, weetoonsaint said:

f**k Jack ross !He's been shite in his last 2 jobs, why the f**k would we want him back.

Win percentage of around 50% in both jobs. His failures in both jobs were down to choking in big games, a bit like us last season.

He is probably the best out of work manager out there, despite what Aberdeen fans thought. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Some of the posts aimed at Ross, and Goodwin, especially over on the lunatics paradise Facebook, are embarrassing. 

Absolutely, no manager is going to turn down moves to Sunderland or Aberdeen from us. Compare Goodwin and Ross’s achievements with us in comparison to the likes of Stubbs and Rae. 
Still gutted to lose Goodwin but £250k in the bank and a more experienced Jack Ross in our dugout who knows our club we’ll would soften the blow. 

As much as the way he left us previously left a bit of a sour taste he, like the just departed manager, had a high stock at that moment in time. He was voted manager of the year from the championship which was a top accolade. 
To say he did a bad job since is harsh. Play off final and a cup final with Sunderland and they have got worse since he left. Hibs record, apart from his last few games, was good. 
so not bad overall and at worst choking in finals. 
An obvious candidate and I say that with some trepidation. Could we afford him?

1 minute ago, BanburyBud said:

As much as the way he left us previously left a bit of a sour taste he, like the just departed manager, had a high stock at that moment in time. He was voted manager of the year from the championship which was a top accolade. 
To say he did a bad job since is harsh. Play off final and a cup final with Sunderland and they have got worse since he left. Hibs record, apart from his last few games, was good. 
so not bad overall and at worst choking in finals. 
An obvious candidate and I say that with some trepidation. Could we afford him?

Whereas we "choked" in two semi finals, fine lines. 

7 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I see on here arguments for and against bringing Jack Ross back to St. Mirren. But would he come? 

If the club is looking at people like Naismith and Brown, that surely indicates a level of salary a good bit below what Ross would be looking for. So, could the club afford him?

Valid question. I’m glad that I am not involved in choosing the new manager. Our last two appointments have followed the pattern of promoting a young manager who cut their teeth in the championship. I don’t see any candidates like that at this time so it might go to Ross or to a young and up and coming coach such as Brown and Naismith. Both have played at a higher level than Jack. 

9 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I see on here arguments for and against bringing Jack Ross back to St. Mirren. But would he come? 

If the club is looking at people like Naismith and Brown, that surely indicates a level of salary a good bit below what Ross would be looking for. So, could the club afford him?

I'd be quite happy if Jack Ross returned, but...

...in all new jobs you tend to be excited, fresh, interested, curious, involved, innovative and keen to prove yourself.  

Once upon a time, I left a company... then was enticed back for a much better wage than the wage I'd left that original job to get...

I knew the work, could do it better than the people they'd got in to fill my spot... but I couldnae be arsed.

It was boring. I was treading stale water.

I soon quit again.

My heart wisnae in it. It was ego that had led me back.

This is why I'd prefer Naismith to Jack Ross. And even in comparison with McInnes, whom I admire. 

Naismith has to make himself a reputation.  As for the others before him, St Mirren is a great platform

Why else did Ross and Goodwin get offers for bigger, more cash-rich, rewarding jobs?

10 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I rather think salary really wouldn't be a huge issue for anyone that St Mirren are likely to offer the position to,  I mean let us assume that we offer the post to a newbie such as Brown (yuch) or Naismith (yea), would it not be the case that given their relatively successful years as players, they would be financially secure enough to take a bit of a hit; wage-wise in order to gain potential access to a new career.  As for the likes of Jack Ross or someone similar, the same rational ....re access to a new post would surely apply.

Valid question. I’m glad that I am not involved in choosing the new manager. Our last two appointments have followed the pattern of promoting a young manager who cut their teeth in the championship. I don’t see any candidates like that at this time so it might go to Ross or to a young and up and coming coach such as Brown and Naismith. Both have played at a higher level than Jack. 
And who were these two appointments? [emoji1787]

10 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Oh dear…D51A5A27-27D0-42E9-AF1D-FAA988C47691.thumb.png.eaf5815a6062497565e465419d0619ca.png

I thought this a viable option until someone pointed out his ties to Hibs weren't completely severed. He is effectively on gardening leave so taking this job would mean he no longer gets paid by them. Given the difference in club size I'm pretty certain we couldn't match his salary easily.