Jack Ross Must Go.

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I said a few days ago that I doubted that Jack Ross' pride (and pocket) would allow him to return to St Mirren.

Football management is like a game of snakes and ladders - and at the moment JR is on a snake, not a ladder.

I think its definitely a mistake for him. I can't see how he thinks he's getting a better job.

He wont get anything in England while a 2018 Scottish Championship win is still his only achievement.

In Scotland he has exhausted all his options of teams bigger than us. Aberdeen was the only realistic option for him and its gone now. 

5 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I think its definitely a mistake for him. I can't see how he thinks he's getting a better job.

He wont get anything in England while a 2018 Scottish Championship win is still his only achievement.

In Scotland he has exhausted all his options of teams bigger than us. Aberdeen was the only realistic option for him and its gone now. 

I agree. He could have used SMFC to reboot his profile over the next 2/3 seasons and potentially get another big move.

He is a bright guy and will have his reasons, maybe family, financial etc

Edited by lenziebud

Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 

Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 

Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 

Wouldn't 100% rule it out yet. Club may come back with improved offer. Depends on his reasons for rejecting it initially.

Pity as I think he would have been a really good appointment

Way better than a rookie, no matter what their credentials

Edited by lenziebud

26 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I agree. He could have used SMFC to reboot his profile over the next 2/3 seasons and potentially get another big move.

He is a bright guy and will have his reasons, maybe family, financial etc

And I agree with you.

My concern is, if he had come back to St Mirren, would he have been as motivated as before.

And I can see why he wouldn't have been.

Tom Hendrie.

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Tom Hendrie.

Never thought of him 😀

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, antrin said:

I’m glad that no Buddie has cared enough to share the news that JR is back in gainful employment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61799359

oops

Expect him to take a wander into the stand at Tannadice to exchange views with the supporters. I didn’t like the way in which he left, he could have handled that better IMO, but I have a soft spot for Dundee United so feel compelled to wish him well as long as United finish below us in the league etc.

1 minute ago, Warrior Saint said:

Funny how folk don't mention way John McGinn walked on Saints not answering phone or telling anybody what was going on.

Both players and managers move on. That’s the way of the world. No problems with that at all. There is a difference between JMcG and JR.

We have been adequately compensated for JMcG with more to come.

I have no problem with JR moving on to bigger things but the time he did to do it…come on…..left us with little time to prepare for the next season.

Good luck to both - there I have said it

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

...... I have a soft spot for Dundee United.....

I hope it's quicksand. 

Paul Sturrock was a cheating we arsewipe that continually backed into defenders to win fouls. A despicable wee bawbag.

One of my happiest experiences was the penalty shoot-out that kept us in the Premier and confined them to the Oblivion league.

I hope Ross fails massively. This job is his last chance saloon. If he gets sacked here he is stuffed !!

8 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Not that McGinn could have given a monkeys, seemed all the years he spent with us mean nothing, seems to forget where it began for him.

He may well have but we can still count the money!

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I hope it's quicksand. 

Paul Sturrock was a cheating we arsewipe that continually backed into defenders to win fouls. A despicable wee bawbag.

One of my happiest experiences was the penalty shoot-out that kept us in the Premier and confined them to the Oblivion league.

I hope Ross fails massively. This job is his last chance saloon. If he gets sacked here he is stuffed !!

Here’s hoping

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I hope it's quicksand. 

Not really Wilbur. My link with DU goes back to the late 1960’s. Gerry Kerr was the manager and I lived in Dundee and then Broughty Ferry. Having said that I have enjoyed every win against them and in particular the shoot out you mention and the 1987 cup final.

I liked Ross, I would have taken the Sunderland job at that time as well (although I would have bought Saints players for vastly inflated prices once there 😉 ) and I think he was hard done to in both Sunderland and Hibs, having said that I hope we stuff United at every possible opportunity next season and I look forward to him applying for a job with us when we establish ourselves in the top 6 and he's looking for a big club to join.

Apparently Ross is wanting to take Jamie McGrath to Tannadice…

It hasn’t worked out for McGrath at Wigan so far, but surely that would be a backwards move for him. I know he got injured and struggled to get his place back so who knows. 
Jamie did a great job for us but Ronan is a better player. 

• 1 month later...