Jack Ross Must Go.

Disgusted by Parker getting chop..  not surprised JR did... clearly something far wrong at Utd with Watts and Mulgrew on bench... and their players did throw in the towel v Celts... we just outplayed them..  what now... or do we care what happens below us.. if Utd or Hibs had any sense they would appoint Martindale...but they will want a big salary name who is unproven in SPFL... f**kem and long may their suffering go on... we are presently ok and a reminder that Directors and Owners are far more fickle than us fans

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That’s the most savage sacking statement I’ve seen. No thanks for the efforts or even wish him well in the future. 

Don’t remember any example in football where that’s happened before. We even thanked Stubbs 😂

Ye, we thanked him for leaving.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Disgusted by Parker getting chop..  not surprised JR did... clearly something far wrong at Utd with Watts and Mulgrew on bench... and their players did throw in the towel v Celts... we just outplayed them..  what now... or do we care what happens below us.. if Utd or Hibs had any sense they would appoint Martindale...but they will want a big salary name who is unproven in SPFL... f**kem and long may their suffering go on... we are presently ok and a reminder that Directors and Owners are far more fickle than us fans

Totally agree with you on Parker getting the boot. Don't care about whats happening at bottom of the table nor do I think that is going to be the case this season. I don't think SR suffers slackers in the team and or as the case may be if you aren't going to push yourself to get into the team no matter what age you are then you can leave.

2 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Totally agree with you on Parker getting the boot. Don't care about whats happening at bottom of the table nor do I think that is going to be the case this season. I don't think SR suffers slackers in the team and or as the case may be if you aren't going to push yourself to get into the team no matter what age you are then you can leave.

Parker's it would appear is down to the post match interview where he basically told the media there is no chance of staying up with the direction of the board. 

29 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Parker's it would appear is down to the post match interview where he basically told the media there is no chance of staying up with the direction of the board. 

It would appear that after playing Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool ,after winning their first game against Villa, that the board are deluded.

I rarely wish any ill will to any club but this lot can go straight back down. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Issue is he wasn't far wrong tho. The players that are still there after last foray into premiership weren't good enough to stay in it and certainly now aren't up to it. Other players brought in were good enough to get promoted. They act more like Norwich and Watford now tbf.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

Jack Ross gave us 2 of our most memorable seasons in recent times. 

For me he will always be remembered as a decent Saints boss.

I think Jack agrees that was his pinnacle to...

Since then

Lost Johnston Painter Final 

Lost League one play off final

Lost Scottish Cup Final v Fakes 

Lost Semi v Fakes

Achieved equalling record for highest loss of any Scottish Team in history in Europe

Achieved highest home defeat ever for United... 

Wonder if they are on his CV

Edited by DougJamie

Well if I was on the board of any Scottish club outside of the top 6 in Scotland I'd take Jack Ross all day long.

Another clown American owner with no backbone. 

They should have given him the time to sort it out and he would have. 

Better managing a club like St J who have proper people running the club

Edited by lenziebud

36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think Jack agrees that was his pinnacle to...

Since then

Lost Johnston Painter Final 

Lost League one play off final

Lost Scottish Cup Final v Fakes 

Lost Semi v Fakes

Achieved equalling record for highest loss of any Scottish Team in history in Europe

Achieved highest home defeat ever for United... 

Wonder if they are on his CV

Thats quite a few finals for a dud ?

3rd in the league with Hibs and the job he did at St Mirren. Fine job at Alloa too.

Things haven't worked out for Ross recently but he is far from being a dud manager.

Moyes, Bruce, O'Neill the list is endless where this kind of nonsense gets written about.

Geez there were some knee jerkers on here wanting Robinson gone.

Edited by lenziebud

42 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Thats quite a few finals for a dud ?

3rd in the league with Hibs and the job he did at St Mirren. Fine job at Alloa too.

Things haven't worked out for Ross recently but he is far from being a dud manager.

Moyes, Bruce, O'Neill the list is endless where this kind of nonsense gets written about.

Geez there were some knee jerkers on here wanting Robinson gone.

A CV many a manager would be proud off.  Hibs are a toxic team for a manager. Dundee Utd don't seem much better. Tam Court jumped ship very quickly and I'm wondering if there was a reason for that. 

Play offs in England are a pure lottery. 

He needs to find a club that is a fit for him.  

6 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

A CV many a manager would be proud off.  Hibs are a toxic team for a manager. Dundee Utd don't seem much better. Tam Court jumped ship very quickly and I'm wondering if there was a reason for that. 

Play offs in England are a pure lottery. 

He needs to find a club that is a fit for him.  

Thought that at the time and would like to hear what Mellon's take on it was too.

Surprised that Ross took United job, maybe family reasons etc. Thought he would manage again in England. For me he made a bad decision all round.

I agree also that he needs to find the right club next time, that's if he wants to stay in football management.

Edited by lenziebud

13 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Thought that at the time and would like to hear what Mellon's take on it was too.

Surprised that Ross took United job, maybe family reasons etc. Thought he would manage again in England. For me he made a bad decision all round.

I agree also that he needs to find the right club next time, that's if he wants to stay in football management.

He had the right club for him but walked out for the quick buck. A lot richer for it no doubt.

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He had the right club for him but walked out for the quick buck. A lot richer for it no doubt.

I can agree with the first bit but if anyone offers you 5x your annual salary wouldn't you take it. And also you got to think, did he have it to build a premier team given the fact we had 2 wholesale squad changes to 1) stay in championship, and 2) get promoted. Some of who probably wouldn't have been good enough to make the step up. Grateful for what he did by saving us from quite frankly oblivion then getting us back up but that's all. Taken us a bit to get more competitive but here we are.

5 hours ago, munoz said:

Indeed, it's ludicrous that there seems to be a petty minded approach to him and a pleasure in his "failures" when it's not been that bad, the recent 4 game run from United" apart. 

Aye, 4 games, not omitting it's been a disastrous set of results, but, really, under 3 weeks and he get's the bullet? 

As I mentioned about Bournemouth, a shocking decision and the United board, hopefully, reap what they sow. 

6 hours ago, munoz said:

Rightly so.

Disappointed (at the time) that he left but don't begrudge him going. I doubt there is man alive that would turn down the significabt payrise, it s rumoured he got.

Hopefully, his luck will turn quickly & he's in a new job soon.

I wish him well but not when playing St Mirren.

Jack Ross provided me with a great 18 months following this Club. From total freefall to winning a league in such a short space. No-one can claim he was a failure with us.

Since then he has been very unlucky with the Boards he has worked under. 1 point away from promotion with the basket case that is Sunderland. Hibs highest League position in decades. 7 games with Utd.

He needs to go to a club like Partick Thistle, keep his head down and rebuild again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Jack Ross provided me with a great 18 months following this Club. From total freefall to winning a league in such a short space. No-one can claim he was a failure with us.

Since then he has been very unlucky with the Boards he has worked under. 1 point away from promotion with the basket case that is Sunderland. Hibs highest League position in decades. 7 games with Utd.

He needs to go to a club like Partick Thistle, keep his head down and rebuild again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can’t disagree with any of that mate, he was a brilliant manager for us.

Had a bad start with us but I could see what he was trying to do and I always had a feeling he would turn it around. 

I was devastated when he left for Sunderland but that’s life changing money for him and his family.

14 hours ago, stlucifer said:

So if Sunderland had asked you to go and manage them for a huge salary and huge potential of the club with a new owner, you'd have stayed at Greenhill Road as St Mirren manager. I suspect there isn't many like yourself ?

8 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So if Sunderland had asked you to go and manage them for a huge salary and huge potential of the club with a new owner, you'd have stayed at Greenhill Road as St Mirren manager. I suspect there isn't many like yourself ?

Absolutely spot on. No one would have stayed with the offer put to him - he was right to go at that time and I had zero animosity for the decision made. 

Regardless of this debacle he is still a damn good manager 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, it's ludicrous that there seems to be a petty minded approach to him and a pleasure in his "failures" when it's not been that bad, the recent 4 game run from United" apart. 

Aye, 4 games, not omitting it's been a disastrous set of results, but, really, under 3 weeks and he get's the bullet? 

As I mentioned about Bournemouth, a shocking decision and the United board, hopefully, reap what they sow. 

That's a society thing, much wider than football

14 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I was very understanding of Jack Ross going to Sunderland & thought he was unfortunate to get the bullet at Hibs, right before a cup final. 

I didn’t grudge him anything in his managerial career but after jumping right in at the first job offer in the premiership after refusing the approach from us when Goodwin left, I have little sympathy now. 

I've only read a few posts on this thread I'm a wee bit too busy...  but here's my tuppence worth on Jack Ross

I didn't have a problem with him taking the Sunderland Job,  disappointed of course but who could blame him, I personally think Jim Goodwin's skulduggery with the top 4 easily within our grasp and still in the latter stages of the Cup leaving us for a team out of everything was way worse...  my problem with Ross was his constant raiding of our club and every time a player was linked with us Jack came in and took that player, pretty sure he was using us as his scouting system, 

Taking Craig Samson from us when we were in a dog fight to stay in the League a cunning plan outside of the transfer window {retirement} showed to me how much respect he had for us

Jake Doyle Hayes Gate and then no doubt tapping up our Captain after making his comeback after months out injured  

I don't take any pleasure in anyone losing their job but as a football fan of St.Mirren FC  I've got no sympathy for jack Ross whatsoever pretty sure his bank book will soon ease his pain