Jack Ross Must Go.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:45 PM, Bud the Baker said:

The thread was started after the first game of the transfer window, when despite assurances at the clubs AGM that we had players ready to sign we all but guaranteed QotS's league safety. I'm as glad as anyone that results have improved over the last two months but we're still bottom of the division, accomplished nothing but glorious failure in the cup competitions and continue to be treated to the same "I'm a better fan than you, 'cos I'm prepared to see us get relegated" posturing from guys like yourself.  It didn't impress me in January and it doesn't impress me now.

(Just catching up on some notifications - boy, so much good water has passed under the bridge since then - but sorry, folks, had to reply to this) 

Heh, Bud, where did you get this "I'm a better fan than you, 'cos I'm prepared to see us get relegated" posturing from guys like yourself" - you're quoting somebody else. Where did I say I was a better fan than you?  - you're making it up.  And why would I want to impress you? Sorry I appear to have missed how important you are - could you please explain who you are, how important you are and why we should feel the need to impress you? 

Looking back on the early posts, I was not impressed with your indecision on the proposition to sack Ross with only 3 weeks of the transfer window left.  Initially, on day one (7 January), you were"willing to think about it,” later saying "I'm undecided but considering the question is most certainly not NUTS!” before deciding, "Thinking about it I'd give Ross till the end of the season but if we're relegated in 10th position I'd be inclined to fire him.” For the rest of us who held our nerve, it was a no brainer (for all of the reasons mentioned in other member's posts), with the vast majority recognising that it made more sense for him to stay, permanently or for the time being (as you eventually concluded yourself) depending on individual points of view.  

Strangely enough, given the vast number of posts in this thread  (which I have tried to ignore since day one, but finally succumbed, because it was so daft), from the initial posts (I gave up and got back to my life after page 9), aside from the doubters and 'just not fans of Ross' brigade, it only appears that TopCat (should it now be 'Benny'?), Dave The Buddie and Stuart Dickson actually wanted Ross to go at that time. 

Ok, I really think this has run its time, and considering we still have the most important 4 matches to come and we all agree that hindsight, predicted, expected that Ross is a quality appointment............. point scoring needs to happen Sats not on here....

This has been without doubt the most traumatic season for all of us, off the back of another one in 2015, remember played 14 Won 0 Drawn 4 Lost 10.... that was 5 months ago, hardly a lifetime,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was looking at every other league in Europe at that time and could not see a worse performing team. Incidentally Rotherham have lost last 12, Sunderland are not much better and my wee second team  Torquay United  are near relegation to 6th tier, having missed out thru play offs to 3rd tier 3 years ago

What about Coventry- won cup same year we did- had umpteen successive seasons in top league, now going to 4th tier and can still get 46k to Wembley .... one thing is for sure, and has shown me, Saints fans support when the team really needs it, one day we will back at top table, but thanks to Jack the rollercoaster that is St Mirren has finally come off the vertical drop

Edited by DougJamie

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, scottd said:

I was tempted to dig out every post in this thread but we still aren't safe so I'll keep it on the low.:)

It was telling during today's game - the stadium was rocking to St Mirren songs... until 'We are staying up, say we are staying up' appeared from somewhere.... far from rocking round the stadium like the other songs, all that happened were rumblings, groans and 'shhhh'...

We know the score. :)

Jack Ross gave an great speech to those at the corporate tables after the game. If you don't think he has the quality to bring us back to where we should be then go and support another team..... if you have cash back us to win the league next season .... that's if some other team hasn't signed up Jack Ross ... 

Can whoever started this thread just delete it? The high horse sitting fans scoring points is getting a bit boring. Yes I never once thought Jack should go and completely disagreed with the thread at the time but no gain in constantly reminding people. Like you've never been wrong before!

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Can whoever started this thread just delete it? The high horse sitting fans scoring points is getting a bit boring. Yes I never once thought Jack should go and completely disagreed with the thread at the time but no gain in constantly reminding people. Like you've never been wrong before!

At least most of us have the good grace to admit we were wrong.

The OP however....................................................

Yes I believed at the time Jack Ross should never been appointed and nobody is happier than me that he is proving me wrong. I also never once suggested he should be sacked.

Not many on here had Jack as there 1st choice as manager and given how our rookie managerial appointments have gone in recent years that is no surprise.

If Jack Ross keeps us up and again I hope he does he has proven me wrong not that he needs to. It will be with my great pleasure to say I got it wrong he was a fantastic appointment.

I never seen this revival happening along majority of our support if their honest and Jack has to be applauded for this recent run of form but let's not get carried away we are not safe yet and if we did go down this thread will be red hot once again

Is he?

Selective in your choice of quotes please see my last one on this topic. I am sure if I went through anyone's quotes on here you will find quotes that have made them look silly.

If we finish up avoiding relegation I will happily eat a massive slice of humble pie but we are not safe yet and if we don't stay up I won't be digging your quotes out and saying a told you so. I gave my opinion at that time on a topic posted.

Jack took over on his 1st game on 15th October and won two out of his first 15 games. Since the Ayr game in February we have had the most incredible turnaround and nobody is more happy than me.

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Selective in your choice of quotes please see my last one on this topic. I am sure if I went through anyone's quotes on here you will find quotes that have made them look silly.

If we finish up avoiding relegation I will happily eat a massive slice of humble pie but we are not safe yet and if we don't stay up I won't be digging your quotes out and saying a told you so. I gave my opinion at that time on a topic posted.

Jack took over on his 1st game on 15th October and won two out of his first 15 games. Since the Ayr game in February we have had the most incredible turnaround and nobody is more happy than me.

Ah Um!

Why is it so difficult to just admit you were wrong? We've all been wrong on many occasions in life. The reason this thread continues is because the OP - and a few other notable posters - haven't the balls to admit they got it hopelessly wrong.

Do that, and the thread disappears...

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Why is it so difficult to just admit you were wrong? We've all been wrong on many occasions in life. The reason this thread continues is because the OP - and a few other notable posters - haven't the balls to admit they got it hopelessly wrong.

Do that, and the thread disappears...

Does it? :blink:

You a mod now? :P

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Does it? :blink:

You a mod now? :P

Why post on a thread when the object of the posts has confirmed he was wrong? There's no point.

Does every thread that disappears need to be removed by a mod? Or do they just slip down the board as people ignore it?

Do you need everything to be spoon fed...?

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Why post on a thread when the object of the posts has confirmed he was wrong? There's no point.

Does every thread that disappears need to be removed by a mod? Or do they just slip down the board as people ignore it?

Do you need everything to be spoon fed...?

Questions, so many questions......................away and grow up. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint