Jack Ross Must Go.

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

If Ayr beat Dumbarton on Saturday I think we are down. 10 points is too much I feel for this current sqaud to haul back. I don't think we are good enough to beat Ayr twice and beat Dunfermline at home. We can't beat a poor Dumbarton team and a point was all we deserved on Saturday.  Ayr will be battling for all its worth and I don't see that in us. Just not showing it at all. So for me I think we are virtually gone if Ayr get 3 points on Saturday

Also have my doubts about the ability of management team to get us out of it. Starting Clarkson for Sutton on Saturday just makes me despair.

Clarkson scored on Saturday and played not too badly besides his goal . It's not his fault we didn't take 3 points .

Clarkson scored on Saturday and played not too badly besides his goal . It's not his fault we didn't take 3 points .

That performance could only be described as not too bad if you compared it to a striker who'd never played there before. You are right though, Irvine was also rotten and let his mates down.

31 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Time for" We are all in this together" calls , a call to arms if we like , GLS isn't getting rid of Jack he says this season or next . We really need to get behind the team ( Jack included) to try and get us out this hole.

I just like every Saints fan don't want to be playing in Division One next season ,so time to back the guys "One Town ,One Team".

They have been getting backed. 700 Saints fans went to an away game on Saturday, more Saints fans were outside and couldn't get in. They were rewarded with another bizarre team selection and disappointing performance.

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

That performance could only be described as not too bad if you compared it to a striker who'd never played there before. You are right though, Irvine was also rotten and let his mates down.

What more do you want from him ? (Clarkson) He scored . Are you just looking for someone to blame for our inability to hold on to a lead ? 

What more do you want from him ? (Clarkson) He scored . Are you just looking for someone to blame for our inability to hold on to a lead ? 

No, I'm looking for a player to put a shift in and lead the damn line properly. He chased nothing, was weak under pressure, rarely jumped, never held the ball up, never even took the ball in and did as little right as possible. I haven't even blamed Clarkson for us not holding a lead. I do blame him for the ball coming back at us so often though.

2 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

No, I'm looking for a player to put a shift in and lead the damn line properly. He chased nothing, was weak under pressure, rarely jumped, never held the ball up, never even took the ball in and did as little right as possible. I haven't even blamed Clarkson for us not holding a lead. I do blame him for the ball coming back at us so often though.

Do you blame him for scoring also ? 

When I played football , I'd have been delighted to score what could have been a very important goal . 

Would you have preferred he " put a shift in " etc and hadn't scored ? 

Do you blame him for scoring also ? 
When I played football , I'd have been delighted to score what could have been a very important goal . 
Would you have preferred he " put a shift in " etc and hadn't scored ? 

Are you seriously saying a forward should score, but do nothing else all game? That is a staggering lack of basic footballing knowledge if you are.

Just now, TsuMirren said:

Are you seriously saying a forward should score, but do nothing else all game? That is a staggering lack of basic footballing knowledge if you are.

Right you are , and what your saying is -goals aren't important to winning games of football . I bow down to your footballing knowledge .

27 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

They have been getting backed. 700 Saints fans went to an away game on Saturday, more Saints fans were outside and couldn't get in. They were rewarded with another bizarre team selection and disappointing performance.

Dumbarton beat Raith 3-1 the week before and a few games before that they had beaten Falkirk and Dundee United , so you think 2-2 was really a bad result ?

Right you are , and what your saying is -goals aren't important to winning games of football . I bow down to your footballing knowledge .

No, I've already highlighted what I expect. There is little point popping up with a goal if your overall play exposes the rest of the team and offers nothing positive. Even more so if you're a lone striker.

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

No, I've already highlighted what I expect. There is little point popping up with a goal if your overall play exposes the rest of the team and offers nothing positive. Even more so if you're a lone striker.

So you are saying / insinuating that Clarkson cost us the 3pts cause his all round play exposed the defence , and caused the lack of marking for their first goal , and the non tackle in the box for their 2nd . 

Aye ok . 

So you are saying / insinuating that Clarkson cost us the 3pts cause his all round play exposed the defence , and caused the lack of marking for their first goal , and the non tackle in the box for their 2nd . 
Aye ok . 

Oh for f**k sake, I'm saying his overall play didn't help. Having Irvine on the park also didn't help and Eckersley marking Nade at corners certainly didn't help. Very few single things have cost us points, there's usually been various factors. Obviously Shankland's penalty miss and Langfield's ludicrous pass are exceptions, but even they are portions of a wider series of events over 90 minutes.

Ayr look like they have equally if not a worse run in than us. Having looked at the fixtures both teams have between now and end of the season, there is definitely plenty of winnable games. Realistically though, I think we need to beat Ayr in our next game to gain the psychological advantage over them. Irrespective of Ayr's result against Dumbarton, it would still be a huge confidence boost if we were to beat them and had a game in hand

Maybe so but Ayr are still picking up
points where you don't expect them to.

Just now, lenziebud said:

If Ayr beat Dumbarton on Saturday I think we are down. 10 points is too much I feel for this current sqaud to haul back. I don't think we are good enough to beat Ayr twice and beat Dunfermline at home. We can't beat a poor Dumbarton team and a point was all we deserved on Saturday.  Ayr will be battling for all its worth and I don't see that in us. Just not showing it at all. So for me I think we are virtually gone if Ayr get 3 points on Saturday

Also have my doubts about the ability of management team to get us out of it. Starting Clarkson for Sutton on Saturday just makes me despair.

Ayr beating Dumbarton isnt all bad

we will have 2 games in hand over Dumbarton and a game in hand over Ayr who will be or next league fixture

the possibilities are all there...we just need to start winning

5 hours ago, div said:

I always try and be glass half full.

If we are going to get 9th we'll have to beat Ayr twice. We should be able to get 4 points from Raith, I'd like to think we could beat Dumbarton and Dunfermline at home.

The rest, not so confident about tbh.

So another 16 points to come, giving us 30pts

that won't keep us up. Definitely not. Might be worth saying last season Rae inherited a really poor team yet managed to get 29 points from.the second half of season to finish on 41. Sadly Ross although I applaud the style he hasn't managed to win football games. I mean two wins is a shocking stat. We need snookers and in all likelihood we will be relegated. Sure we will keep hoping but it's hard when you watch a team that simply cannot win football matches. 

Saturdays result was massive which we had to win it. Jack Ross' record with us has been extremely poor you just can't get away from that. In any other circumstances he would have been sacked.

The old BoD have put the new BoD in an impossible position because we would be a laughing stock due our turnover managers in recent seasons for them to sack Jack Ross. It would also scare any decent replacement away from taking the job.

I never thought we should have appointed Jack Ross in our current predicament but an experienced man to get us out this mess. We should have begged Jimmy Calderwood to take the job who is a man who has been successful in keeping teams up. So it looks like it is Jack Ross all the way even if we don't win another game this season and whether I think that is right or wrong I have to get used to that.

We will go down am sure on that opinion and we sure deserve to as the league table does not lie. All we can do is try and rebuild next season in League One but let me say this there is no guarantee we will come straight back up we might need to spend a couple of seasons in League One before we bounce back. That unfortunately is the harsh reality of our predicament.

Walking away from their ground post match on Saturday, I overheard a couple of Dumbarton fans discussing the change in respective fortunes of the clubs. They were recalling that, only a few short seasons ago, they would expect to be comprehensively gubbed by St Mirren if drawn in the cups or even playing friendlies. They were whipping boys for us not so long ago. Changed days, indeed.