Jack Ross Must Go.

2 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Just heard his comments on BBC. Comes across well again. Have to agree with him as to attitude of players on park. As things stand do not see point of sacking him. If players had delivered like they have done for long parts of recent games we would have buried queens today. Three weeks to get in some players and look to catching Ayr or Dumbarton for play offs

rather he spoke like a ned and won games,wonder when ross will ever take the blame,ever,sick of his feeble excuses,week after week after week,depressing now

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You are right. It is Ross` fault that we let a perfectly decent left back go and replaced him with a geriatric right footed left back. It is Ross` fault that we have a washed up centre back who couldnt give a f**k about this club , Its Ross` fault that our back four , which was noted by everyone as being deficient in most departments last season was not sufficiently sorted at the start of the season & Its Ross ` fault that we have no defensive midfield protector to assist that fragile back four.

& BTW , its Ross` Fault we are leaving europe and Donald Trumps hair will be in the whitehouse.

I think fans views on Sean Kelly were far from unanimous. Those in favour of keeping him took the view he was either best deployed as a left back where we accepted that he was good going forward but poor defensively (much like Naismith), might do a turn as a central defender, perhaps, or we give up on him as a left back and try him in midfield or as a utility player.

As for Webster being selected... Ross chooses him ahead of Baird every week.

In the summer MacKenzie has added in addition to Webster being given a new deal, Naismith returning from injury and Ben Gordon being signed and fans being told he could play either at full back or in central defence. On our budget how many other players would you have signed?

Ross sanctioned sending Kyle Hutton out on loan - which as one of his main critics on the forum I am guessing you were in favour of. Would you still have cheered at getting rid of Hutton if you knew in advance that David Clarkson would come after 60 minutes in most games as our makeshift midfield dynamo?

8 minutes ago, party politics said:

Why would football players sign for a football club because of who the Chief Executive is?

... because he was able to sell the club to prospective signings without telling them they'd be beating Celtic to the Premiership title in X years? Because he had built up relationships with agents? Because he was experienced in conducting negotiations?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

... because he was able to sell the club to prospective signings without telling them they'd be beating Celtic to the Premiership title in X years? Because he had built up relationships with agents? Because he was experienced in conducting negotiations?

I am sure that Brian Caldwell was well connected and very good at his job, but a chief executive would have no saying on the day to day running and selection of a football team.

So why would a player sign for them? By all accounts Sally makes a lovely homemade empire biscuit but would/should have no bearing on a player coming to your club.

14 minutes ago, party politics said:

I am sure that Brian Caldwell was well connected and very good at his job, but a chief executive would have no saying on the day to day running and selection of a football team.

So why would a player sign for them? By all accounts Sally makes a lovely homemade empire biscuit but would/should have no bearing on a player coming to your club.

Fitzy..

Lovely man, Saints legened and a great ambassador for the club.

But....

He shouldn't be CE of the club.

Gary Teale woild NOT have become a Saint without the direct work of Brian Caldwell with the player, his former club, his knowledge and his ability to creatively budget.

He worked out the deal that suited all parties, sold it to them, then made it happen.

8 hours ago, Stu said:

While I'm not advocating yet another change of manager, the willingness of some people to continue trotting out the excuse that he needs time to assemble his own squad is incredible. It was mentioned as soon as he was appointed - bizarre given there was the best part of three months until the window opened at that point. It's almost as if the rest of the club has adopted that approach too, given our results and performances since then. And where are these new players? Gary Naysmith was appointed in early December and had three new arrivals within a week of the transfer window opening, all who played a key part today. Ross has been in post since early October, knows the deficiencies yet has managed one signing - who, for some reason, couldn't sodden play - and the same excuses we've heard in January transfer windows year after year, manager after manager.

I have sympathy for the view he needs to bring in his own players but that does not explain bizarre tactics and subs today and the lack of fight, desire and passion in that team. No one seemed to care and there was no urgency to get back into the game. It was summed up when Sutton rushed to take a throw, Irvine grabbed the ball then took a good 10 seconds to take it. Our throw-ins wasted far more time than their goalie!

So yes, he needs to get his own players in but that isn't the only problem.

No....unfortunately the problem is Jack Ross has tried to get players in and no-one will come!! What does that say about us!?

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Are we in a position to pay off another management team?

We'd have to try and sell Naismith, Mallan, really anyone we could get cash for, accept relegation as inevitable and bring in a guy with a plan. The worst part of this scenario is it might be better than sticking with JR.

My choice at the last two managerial changes was Steve Aitken.............:zipit

Can't believe you said Steve Aitken as I thought the same ! He seems very good . However IVE been criticised for saying RAE should have been sacked at end of this season NOT after a hanfull of games . No one has given him credit for keeping us up last year because like it or not he actually did a good job in short time . Looking through all the posts I see yet again Gordon Scott gets away SCOTT free ! Why is this ? I honestly don't understand is Scott in charge until fans takeover ? In the meantime I will give full support to Jack Ross . 

There seems to be a lot of talk about the terminal decline in the club. If any business is known for having a revolving door of Managers you don't get continuity, you can't plan properly and anyone who gets a contract and is not really interested in the club will just see out their contract and wait for the next Manager to come. Look at Aston Villa, Sunderland Dundee United Hibs etc etc etc etc ...... Jack Ross may not be perfect but the club needs to brave and tell the players and fans that he is going to be the Manager next year....no matter what.

Out of our recent managers, I would have been inclined to let Rae and Farrell see out their contracts until the summer, assuming that as a few players returned from injury in the autumn (MacKenzie, Quinn, Morgan, McAllister) that results would probably have picked up under them anyway and the 2-4 points we found ourselves adrift of Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Ayr could be made up before the end of the season.

I'd also have given Gary Teale a crack at life in the Championship. He seemed well thought of as a young coach and as we entered the Championship had the same amount of experience as Jack Ross has now as a No.1. I also thought Teale got a very poor team playing well in December and January and also had maybe 3 games in that spell where very bad refereeing decisions went against us in key games and cost us points and then McLean was sold and our revival was over. Teale also seemed to have a good rapport with the younger players. 

At this point in time I am thinking Jack Ross is still a better appointment than Tommy Craig and Ian Murray were and I'm hoping he does go on and become another Fergie and build a Fergies Furies team around young players playing attacking football. For me if the current gap between us and part time teams like Ayr United and Dumbarton remains I would reluctantly question whether Ross should stay in charge after the summer, He inherited a team which was 3 points off 8th place and a team where Ross County, Dundee and Sunderland are apparently showing interest in signing some of our players. I wonder how many Ayr and Dumbarton players are being scouted by SPL and EPL teams? 

We need to back Jack Ross and the senior pros in the squad need to get their fingers out.

The youngsters are being let down by the very guys they should be looking to for leadership in the position we are in. Webster is struggling big time and the fact his legs are gone leaves him exposed and prone to errors. Quinn was a disgrace and doesn't look like he gives a f*ck if we go down. Clarkson runs about like a headless chicken moaning at the ref at every opportunity.

Naismith looked like he was killing time till his move and Shankland looks so overweight its unreal.

The negativity from the crowd found its way onto the pitch meaning players were scared to get on the ball, misplace a pass and face a torrent of abuse. Our fans need to look at themselves as well. Our club song these days seems to be "Booooo....!!"

In short, we're f*ck£d, best we can hope for now is a playoff place.

As I said at the time of his arrival, we've made our bed by choosing Jack Ross and now for better or worse, we'll have to lie in it. There's no convenient excuse of 'the board are appointing him because a new chairman might want their own man in' or 'the manager is the guy the new board inherited and they don't want him'.

They selected Ross, so with Ross we must stick. Will we get relegated? Probably but the revolving door of managers has been hurting this club almost as much as the shite on the field and for the sake of trying to restore stability, we must go with JR for the start of what will probably a League One campaign next season.

5 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

No....unfortunately the problem is Jack Ross has tried to get players in and no-one will come!! What does that say about us!?

First our budget. Second out league position. Really never thought it could not get any worse than when we were relegated from the top flight. How wrong I was. 

Jack Ross wasn't my choice of manager before he was appointed, but the bottom line is, he is our manager and will get my support.

To sack our manager now would be ridiculous, no one could save us now... we need stability first and foremost!

We have a losing mentality at the club & we can't seem to shake it off, give Jack time to get his own guys in and get rid of the deadwood like Webster, Clarkston, Callum Gallagher & Langfield and hopefully he can turn it around. It's seem more than likely that we will be playing in league 1 next season which is so sad, a club like St. Mirren fallen so far in just under 4 years, but we are where we are and hopefully the fans will stick with us again next year, we have our part to play in making St. Mirren great again. [emoji17]

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We have been here before Colin you were calling for Murray well before he was appointed. I kept pointing out goals against.  Anyway that is history to call for Ross to be sacked is nothing short of complete NUTS. 

Go to page 44 and you clearly weren't, you were brushing it aside. Nothing like a bit of post-hoc revisionism.

15 hours ago, paul torfason said:

rather he spoke like a ned and won games,wonder when ross will ever take the blame,ever,sick of his feeble excuses,week after week after week,depressing now

Indeed. 

It's one of the things that makes me laugh when I see St Mirren fans on the forum talking about the importance of how well a manager comes across in the press. Especially when some of the biggest and best names in football have often had a very different relationship with the press. Alex Ferguson for example spent years refusing to speak to anyone from the BBC. Arsene Wenger has always had an uneasy relationship with the press and doesn't come across well in interviews. You've got managers like Mauricio Pochettino who spent his first couple of years in UK football only doing interviews through an interpreter despite being able to understand and speak English.

There was also a brilliant TV programme on maybe a couple of months ago on Sky that talked about the Liverpool side of the 80's. Legend after legend on that programme was on talking about Bob Paisley. Dalglish said that you wouldn't see him all week and then 15 minutes before kick off he'd appear in the dressing room, say 3 or 4 sentences to you and he said that within those sentences would be all the observation you needed to go make a difference on the park.  

16 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You are right. It is Ross` fault that we let a perfectly decent left back go and replaced him with a geriatric right footed left back. It is Ross` fault that we have a washed up centre back who couldnt give a f**k about this club , Its Ross` fault that our back four , which was noted by everyone as being deficient in most departments last season was not sufficiently sorted at the start of the season & Its Ross ` fault that we have no defensive midfield protector to assist that fragile back four.

& BTW , its Ross` Fault we are leaving europe and Donald Trumps hair will be in the whitehouse.

And yet at the start of the season - at Livingston - expectation was high amongst the St Mirren support. The bookies had St Mirren as a top four team, and when I dared to point out that actually St Mirren hadn't played all that well at all despite the 3-2 win and I said that the team lacked energy and movement I was rounded upon by loads on this website who claimed the team would be in the play offs for a place in the top flight by the end of the season.