Jack Ross Must Go.

19 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Its pretty simple really. Irvine at right back is a better player than Stelios as are the other defenders and midfield players holding the jersey at the moment. If any injuries though he is a decent option

Absolutely, and I stated that as my first possible explanation. Our disadvantage is that we can only field 11 guys at a time.

You can say that overall Gary Irvine might be a better right back, but I'd motion that Stelios is a far more formidable attacking threat than Gary Irvine, and you can even bring Eckersley into this too.

Take yesterday, when there was still 21 minutes of playing time left after they went back in front. With us have shown not much in the way of an attacking threat in the 2nd half, if I'm playing full back for Dundee United I'd much rather see the status quo and have Stelios sit on the bench for the last 20 minutes than see him come down the wing towards me, asking questions that I've not had to answer yet. The option to stick or twist might rear its head again in the coming weeks where we'll have more games that are effectively cup finals too.

I'm conscious that there was a season when Franco Miranda got better and more important to the side as each week of his long term injury went by, but what I saw Stelios do Hibs' club captain has really stuck in my mind, and we haven't played better as a team in years than that night, and Stelios was a big part of making that happen.

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hilarious. The support are happy we are probably heading to football oblivion? We have a manager who, after 5 months hasn't moved us from the bottom of a shit league yet, for some unknown reason, has the backing of the support? Suppose it'll be cheaper next season, that will keep some people happy. Aye, happy sums it up. Me, I preferred being in the top league.

Nowhere in my post have I mentioned the word 'happy'. You're now literally adding words in to suit your own agenda. 

Optimism, enthusiastic supporters, a general consensus that the management team are making a difference to the product on the pitch and getting results as 14 points from the last 7 league games proves. No one is happy with the situation, people are enthusiastic that the management team are the correct duo to get us onto a stronger footing and will prove to be good appointments. 

The differences are there to see in performances and recent returns in terms of points. Yesterday was a poor second half showing but then were never going to be flawless of course. 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nowhere in my post have I mentioned the word 'happy'. You're now literally adding words in to suit your own agenda. 

Optimism, enthusiastic supporters, a general consensus that the management team are making a difference to the product on the pitch and getting results as 14 points from the last 7 league games proves. No one is happy with the situation, people are enthusiastic that the management team are the correct duo to get us onto a stronger footing and will prove to be good appointments. 

The differences are there to see in performances and recent returns in terms of points. Yesterday was a poor second half showing but then were never going to be flawless of course. 

Ok. People are enthusiastic? Well I'm afraid I'm not in that group. As I said we are possibly heading into football oblivion. The standard in the league we are currently propping up is piss poor, next season, god only knows what level of football will be served up. Yeah, I have an agenda, stating we have appointed a manager who has not moved us from the bottom of a shit league. Yeah, I have an agenda saying im aghast we are "enthusiastic" about our situation. Yeah, I have an agenda saying we lost to a team yesterday who can't buy a win and I'm happy. Takes all sorts I suppose.

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

Ok. People are enthusiastic? Well I'm afraid I'm not in that group. As I said we are possibly heading into football oblivion. The standard in the league we are currently propping up is piss poor, next season, god only knows what level of football will be served up. Yeah, u gave an agenda, staying we have appointed a manager who has not moved us from the bottom of a shit league. Yeah, I have an agenda saying im aghast we are "enthusiastic" about our situation. Yeah, I have an agenda saying we lost to a team yesterday who can't buy a win and I'm happy. Takes all sorts I suppose.

More quoting from the depths of your own imagination I'm afraid. 

Enthusiastic about our situation? Nope. Nowhere did I even begin to suggest or infer that any of our support were. That being said, the support are fully united behind the team, if one thing can be said at the season's end - regardless of what happens - it's that no one from the stands to the pitch has allowed apathy to kick in. A

Enthusiasm that the management team are the guys who will take us forward long term? Yup, that's the general vibe coming from folk. Hilarious as it may be to yourself, the people who are seeing this marked change on person, week in week out rather than reading a brief summary can gauge the differences. Please don't get your feelings hurt again at me suggesting you know less than a regular attendee,  I'm simply addressing the opinions I was getting from folk when discussing the buds last night. 

So yeah, enthusiasm about our plight and enthusiasm about our future are two completely and markedly different things. But then you know that, you're not daft. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Enthusiastic about our situation? Nope. Nowhere did I even begin to suggest or infer that any of our support were. That being said, the support are fully united behind the team, if one thing can be said at the season's end - regardless of what happens - it's that no one from the stands to the pitch has allowed apathy to kick in. A

Enthusiasm that the management team are the guys who will take us forward long term? Yup, that's the general vibe coming from folk. Hilarious as it may be to yourself, the people who are seeing this marked change on person, week in week out rather than reading a brief summary can gauge the differences. Please don't get your feelings hurt again at me suggesting you know less than a regular attendee,  I'm simply addressing the opinions I was getting from folk when discussing the buds last night. 

So yeah, enthusiasm about our plight and enthusiasm about our future are two completely and markedly different things. But then you know that, you're not daft. 

Ok, I was already thinking similar, you are not the normal "knee jerk" reaction type who jumps into the forum but we will have to agree to disagree to a certain extent. Fingers crossed, because that's where I am in our plight, we escape relegation.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Stop making ma big pall look stupid ya bass:hammer

Seven games to go and when our fate is decided wether we stay up or go down that is when we should have the debate about what is best for next season. Bear in mind all ten players who came in will or can go at the end of the season, the budget the club will have to work with will be decimated wether we stay or drop (parachute payments stopped, smaller gates, next to no visiting support, having to drop ticket prices? sponsors moving on or seeking a reduction etc.. etc...)

the question will be then who can we afford to sign/retain as players, coaching staff etc? Can we afford to continue with the current youth set up if that funding goes too? Apart form Dundee Utd and Hibs we are the team who can ill afford the most to drop down. There is so much that would have to change given the catastrophic cut in income.

lets see where we are set to finish, then have an objective review on what is realistic for the club.

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 6:47 PM, faraway saint said:

Ok. People are enthusiastic? Well I'm afraid I'm not in that group. As I said we are possibly heading into football oblivion. The standard in the league we are currently propping up is piss poor, next season, god only knows what level of football will be served up. Yeah, I have an agenda, stating we have appointed a manager who has not moved us from the bottom of a shit league. Yeah, I have an agenda saying im aghast we are "enthusiastic" about our situation. Yeah, I have an agenda saying we lost to a team yesterday who can't buy a win and I'm happy. Takes all sorts I suppose.

Fact is you not attending games makes hard for you to understand the feeling around the stadium on match days. It's been a long long time sInce I have experienced such good atmosphere at our stadium and away games. There is a reason for such good atmosphere's.  You also asume we are already down thrown the chips in from the armchair / computer. 

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Fact is you not attending games makes hard for you to understand the feeling around the stadium on match days. It's been a long long time sInce I have experienced such good atmosphere at our stadium and away games. There is a reason for such good atmosphere's.  You also asume we are already down thrown the chips in from the armchair / computer. 

Spot on. Saturday was a great day, despite the defeat. Was proud of the fans for the atmosphere and positivity in the stand, even at the final whistle. This weekend's cup final is the important one, until the next one...

Looking like being another big crowd on Saturday, with only 342 tickets left for the West Stand - sections W1-W5. W6 & W7 tickets hopefully released shortly, leaving the North Stand for Ayr.

The fans are far from giving up.

Edited by Soctty

Regardless wether we win, lose or draw this Saturday, nothing will be decided, and any number of permutations are still arithmetically possible. That said if we dont beat both Ayr and Dumbarton then with the hugely diminishing odds that leaves of not being able to hurt those around us... our season and league status would trundle on towards a slow lingering death.

if we dont win both we confirm we are the worst team in the league over the season and get our just desserts. I think we have enough to deal with Dumbarton although we have only lost and drawn to them. Ayr i fear are going to outsmart us, of these two teams we have only managed to beat Ayr once in the league and that is the reality of why we are still rock bottom.

Ayr came close to turning over Dundee Utd away the other night, I would expect more of the same from McCall's men, a fight for points, not for fifty passes, and that is where IMO they have the drop on us. We are too clean, too respectful and too intent to try and play football when those around us are hellbent on fighting for survival.

although Dumbarton and Raith have tough games, if those two and Ayr all get a result this weekend then I would suggest that would be the baw burst as after the Dumbarton game the away ties to the three teams fighting to finish second and ease their play off chances (Morton, Falkirk and Dundee Utd) wont bring us three points. Yes we have been a bit better of late, but its across a whole season that counts, and being only able to beat one of the two teams above us once in six attempts is our reality.

here's hoping/praying to the patron saint of Football, good Ol' Sanctus Mirrenus we beat Ayr and still have a chance... our form, performances, points and season to date sadly suggest we dont have it in the locker.... or do we?

Its a funny old game!

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

They came close to snatching a draw against the run of play , according to reports .

No, they had the draw, lost a v late one, and it could have gone either way. Acvording to reports. Jeez what is it with reality that peeps on here seem in denial about? I do note that at least no one can question the reality of our position underlined throughout my post. If we dont beat Ayr game's a bogey.

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, they had the draw, lost a v late one, and it could have gone either way. Acvording to reports. Jeez what is it with reality that peeps on here seem in denial about? I do note that at least no one can question the reality of our position underlined throughout my post. If we dont beat Ayr game's a bogey.

Reality is we could have kept Alex Reid.  Do you remember what that was like this season. We all know what needs to be done. Most of us see a team that is trying to get out the hole that's where the positive feeling is coming from seeing a team try. Would you rather we all be like yourself pressing the doom and gloom button. 

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Reality is we could have kept Alex Reid.  Do you remember what that was like this season. We all know what needs to be done. Most of us see a team that is trying to get out the hole that's where the positive feeling is coming from seeing a team try. Would you rather we all be like yourself pressing the doom and gloom button. 

Alex Reid - kickboxer & ex husband of Jordan, here she is in black & white............

th?id=OIP.aMGsssDmJrOgM8qD9Lx73gDBEs&w=1

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Eh?

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Regardless wether we win, lose or draw this Saturday, nothing will be decided, and any number of permutations are still arithmetically possible. That said if we dont beat both Ayr and Dumbarton then with the hugely diminishing odds that leaves of not being able to hurt those around us... our season and league status would trundle on towards a slow lingering death.

if we dont win both we confirm we are the worst team in the league over the season and get our just desserts. I think we have enough to deal with Dumbarton although we have only lost and drawn to them. Ayr i fear are going to outsmart us, of these two teams we have only managed to beat Ayr once in the league and that is the reality of why we are still rock bottom.

Ayr came close to turning over Dundee Utd away the other night, I would expect more of the same from McCall's men, a fight for points, not for fifty passes, and that is where IMO they have the drop on us. We are too clean, too respectful and too intent to try and play football when those around us are hellbent on fighting for survival.

although Dumbarton and Raith have tough games, if those two and Ayr all get a result this weekend then I would suggest that would be the baw burst as after the Dumbarton game the away ties to the three teams fighting to finish second and ease their play off chances (Morton, Falkirk and Dundee Utd) wont bring us three points. Yes we have been a bit better of late, but its across a whole season that counts, and being only able to beat one of the two teams above us once in six attempts is our reality.

here's hoping/praying to the patron saint of Football, good Ol' Sanctus Mirrenus we beat Ayr and still have a chance... our form, performances, points and season to date sadly suggest we dont have it in the locker.... or do we?

Its a funny old game!

Was it 'nice' football when we beat Ayr down at their patch?