Jump to content

Jack Ross Must Go.


TopCat
 Share

Recommended Posts


7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I said a few days ago that I doubted that Jack Ross' pride (and pocket) would allow him to return to St Mirren.

Football management is like a game of snakes and ladders - and at the moment JR is on a snake, not a ladder.

I think its definitely a mistake for him. I can't see how he thinks he's getting a better job.

He wont get anything in England while a 2018 Scottish Championship win is still his only achievement.

In Scotland he has exhausted all his options of teams bigger than us. Aberdeen was the only realistic option for him and its gone now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I think its definitely a mistake for him. I can't see how he thinks he's getting a better job.

He wont get anything in England while a 2018 Scottish Championship win is still his only achievement.

In Scotland he has exhausted all his options of teams bigger than us. Aberdeen was the only realistic option for him and its gone now. 

I agree. He could have used SMFC to reboot his profile over the next 2/3 seasons and potentially get another big move.

He is a bright guy and will have his reasons, maybe family, financial etc

Edited by lenziebud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can only think maybe he doesn't want to come back incase even if he does well he will be seen as a one trick pony doing well twice at the same club and failing at others. 

It worked out alright for Eddie Howe when he went back to Bournemouth after his failed stint at Burnley. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 

Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 

Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 

Wouldn't 100% rule it out yet. Club may come back with improved offer. Depends on his reasons for rejecting it initially.

Pity as I think he would have been a really good appointment

Way better than a rookie, no matter what their credentials

Edited by lenziebud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I agree. He could have used SMFC to reboot his profile over the next 2/3 seasons and potentially get another big move.

He is a bright guy and will have his reasons, maybe family, financial etc

And I agree with you.

My concern is, if he had come back to St Mirren, would he have been as motivated as before.

And I can see why he wouldn't have been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 
Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 
Tom Hendrie.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I'm led to believe Jack is still being paid by Hibs and that would stop if he chose to return to us. We would need to more than match that salary to entice him. Or offer him similar remuneration with the added incentive of a hefty bonus for fourth spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Gutted and in a wee bit of disbelief he has rejected the approach. Can't imagine he'll be in with a shout of other, much bigger jobs. 
Perhaps it is part of the Hibs compensation settlement, still getting paid the salary there. Did something similar not happen with a former St Mirren manager? Can't remember who off the top of my head. 

Tom Hendrie.

Never thought of him 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, antrin said:

I’m glad that no Buddie has cared enough to share the news that JR is back in gainful employment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61799359

 

 

 

oops

Expect him to take a wander into the stand at Tannadice to exchange views with the supporters. I didn’t like the way in which he left, he could have handled that better IMO, but I have a soft spot for Dundee United so feel compelled to wish him well as long as United finish below us in the league etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Expect him to take a wander into the stand at Tannadice to exchange views with the supporters. I didn’t like the way in which he left, he could have handled that better IMO, but I have a soft spot for Dundee United so feel compelled to wish him well as long as United finish below us in the league etc.

Funny how folk don't mention way John McGinn walked on Saints not answering phone or telling anybody what was going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warrior Saint said:

Funny how folk don't mention way John McGinn walked on Saints not answering phone or telling anybody what was going on.

Both players and managers move on. That’s the way of the world. No problems with that at all. There is a difference between JMcG and JR.
 

We have been adequately compensated for JMcG with more to come.
 

I have no problem with JR moving on to bigger things but the time he did to do it…come on…..left us with little time to prepare for the next season.

Good luck to both - there I have said it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

...... I have a soft spot for Dundee United.....

 

I hope it's quicksand. 

Paul Sturrock was a cheating we arsewipe that continually backed into defenders to win fouls. A despicable wee bawbag.

One of my happiest experiences was the penalty shoot-out that kept us in the Premier and confined them to the Oblivion league.

I hope Ross fails massively. This job is his last chance saloon. If he gets sacked here he is stuffed !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Both players and managers move on. That’s the way of the world. No problems with that at all. There is a difference between JMcG and JR.
 

We have been adequately compensated for JMcG with more to come.
 

I have no problem with JR moving on to bigger things but the time he did to do it…come on…..left us with little time to prepare for the next season.

Good luck to both - there I have said it

 

Not that McGinn could have given a monkeys, seemed all the years he spent with us mean nothing, seems to forget where it began for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Not that McGinn could have given a monkeys, seemed all the years he spent with us mean nothing, seems to forget where it began for him.

He may well have but we can still count the money!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I hope it's quicksand. 

Paul Sturrock was a cheating we arsewipe that continually backed into defenders to win fouls. A despicable wee bawbag.

One of my happiest experiences was the penalty shoot-out that kept us in the Premier and confined them to the Oblivion league.

I hope Ross fails massively. This job is his last chance saloon. If he gets sacked here he is stuffed !!

Here’s hoping

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I hope it's quicksand. 

Paul Sturrock was a cheating we arsewipe that continually backed into defenders to win fouls. A despicable wee bawbag.

One of my happiest experiences was the penalty shoot-out that kept us in the Premier and confined them to the Oblivion league.

I hope Ross fails massively. This job is his last chance saloon. If he gets sacked here he is stuffed !!

Not really Wilbur. My link with DU goes back to the late 1960’s. Gerry Kerr was the manager and I lived in Dundee and then Broughty Ferry. Having said that I have enjoyed every win against them and in particular the shoot out you mention and the 1987 cup final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked Ross, I would have taken the Sunderland job at that time as well (although I would have bought Saints players for vastly inflated prices once there 😉 ) and I think he was hard done to in both Sunderland and Hibs, having said that I hope we stuff United at every possible opportunity next season and I look forward to him applying for a job with us when we establish ourselves in the top 6 and he's looking for a big club to join.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently Ross is wanting to take Jamie McGrath to Tannadice…

It hasn’t worked out for McGrath at Wigan so far, but surely that would be a backwards move for him. I know he got injured and struggled to get his place back so who knows. 
Jamie did a great job for us but Ronan is a better player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...