LEAVING

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Clearly  Jack is finding it tough going by going into the main stand to confront a fan that shows real pressure of a man who cant see a way out especially when players he has targeted wont sign. 

I thought he handled the situation very well and spoke very calmly to the throbber considering the abuse he took from him most of the game.

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I thought he handled the situation very well and spoke very calmly to the throbber considering the abuse he took from him most of the game.

Was not there bud. Normally that area is quite calm its where my season ticket is. However emotions are running sky high at the moment.  

Wouldnt miss any tbh, a season a go i would have said Mallan was our standout player after the likes of McGinn and McLean left but hes not been the same player he was when he first broke into the team. Maybe its confidence, lack of guidance from experienced players?

Heard Naismith is off as well, bit disappointed with that one but cant blame him given the circumstances we are in. Wish him all the best.

Id have Webster and Clarkson gone at the earliest opportunity, should be ashamed of taking a wage each week with their performances.

When I saw the thread title I assumed it was going to be about the amount of home fans who did just that before the 90 minutes was up. Without doubt the biggest mass exodus I've seen before FT at the dinkydome. Don't blame anyone who left, it was brutal by then.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When I saw the thread title I assumed it was going to be about the amount of home fans who did just that before the 90 minutes was up. Without doubt the biggest mass exodus I've seen before FT at the dinkydome. Don't blame anyone who left, it was brutal by then.

My thought, when I seen the thread title, was that it might be a tear stained resignation by StuDick on account of still not receiving a response from SMiSA.

Well, that's what I hoped....

Mallan has been absolutely dreadful this season. He's been living off a few spectacular goals last season and if we had more midfield options he would have been dropped. Plenty of ability for this level but he doesn't seem to have the desire quite honestly.

He'd probably be better in a team that was technically better than we are so he might well make it at a higher level. Not someone to stand shoulder to shoulder with you in the trenches though which is what we need at this moment in time.

1 minute ago, yardley1877 said:

Mallan has been absolutely dreadful this season. He's been living off a few spectacular goals last season and if we had more midfield options he would have been dropped. Plenty of ability for this level but he doesn't seem to have the desire quite honestly.

He'd probably be better in a team that was technically better than we are so he might well make it at a higher level. Not someone to stand shoulder to shoulder with you in the trenches though which is what we need at this moment in time.

The pressure of trying to anchor a midfield of other young lads won't have helped. Its obvious to everyone (except, perhaps, Alex Rae) that he needs a degree of protection to play to his strengths. Hutton's terrible form didn't help at all, and Quinn has never established himself. Too often, Mallan has had to sit deep, when he should be the playmaker and supporting the striker(s).

He certainly isn't without fault, but Mallan hasn't went from being a really exciting young player to often looking a bit lost for no reason.