LEAVING

George did not remortgage his house to sign Yardley.Bryan McAusland bought the big man.Even before he joined the board he was dipping into his own pocket and did not get his money back but was given shares instead ultimately becoming a member of the board.Everyone knows that of course.

I heard from numerous sources over the years that it was Campbell. If they were all wrong and you're right I stand corrected.

Either way, the point stands. Shame we don't have directors like that anymore!

Jordan Stewart going on loan to Annan for the rest of the season. 

Slightly surprised at that as he's been decent enough in the first team. We must be fairly confident of getting another left back in if we're letting him go as we've no cover there now.

Perhaps we are sending them him and letting them keep Flanagan on loan to reduce/wipe out whatever compensation they wanted for Todd.

There is a lot of disagreement of the relative merits of Shankland and Walsh. The majority seem to be happy enough with the departures of Hardie and Gallagher.

In my own opinion the first two gave us something positive, the other two less so.

However the two biggest problems we have to address are Clarkson and Webster - they must be two of our highest earners and are both virtually invisible during games. They have both played at the top level in Scotland, they are both former Scotland Internationals - they have both SCORED for Scotland - yet for all this experience they are giving nothing to the cause just now as we fight relegation - leaving us instead to sing the praises of some gutsy talented youngsters who do appear to be giving their all. Surely this is unacceptable!

So why are they still here?

And as they are still here, why can't we see them?

Edited by southsidebud

2 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Baird/ Webster... I'd get shot of Webster he's not gave us what we thought he would. Baird is young and could improve.

I like Jack Baird as a player. He gives 100% and is still growing and developing as a footballer.

Andy Webster - He is an experienced professionaL but his legs have reached the end of their playing career however and his playing style mirrors that.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Irate-Pirate said:

Let's face it, Clarkson isn't going to go part time whilst he has a full time contract to the end of the season.

Any FT teams going to sign him?

No chance. We are stuck with him.

Glad im not a player reading the forum like they do. Nothing like having the stuffing squeezed out you when you need everyone to pull together.  Before you bite I get constructive criticism so do players but some posts here are below the belt. 

On 14/01/2017 at 8:59 AM, proudtobeabuddy said:

Baird/ Webster... I'd get shot of Webster he's not gave us what we thought he would. Baird is young and could improve.

What WE thought he would i guess you mean you any person worth their salt would have know he is past it and has been for a couple season why else do you think we were able to sign him clearly not for the love of st mirren.

What WE thought he would i guess you mean you any person worth their salt would have know he is past it and has been for a couple season why else do you think we were able to sign him clearly not for the love of st mirren.

I think more fans than not thought he would give us more than he has and provide the experience needed to help the young players, especially at championship level.

28 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think more fans than not thought he would give us more than he has and provide the experience needed to help the young players, especially at championship level.

I'm not someone who slags off players and always get behind them when they are playing. I do that even with Webster. Having said that, my view is if we retain him as player and captain this window, we are very likely to get relegated, as he is not someone who will lead this team to the victories required. This is not about his performances, poor as they have been, its about his lack of encouragement to young players, lack of on field organisation, chatting happily with opposition players after they have just scored a last minute winner against us (Falkirk 3-2 game last season), running straight down the tunnel after being subbed rather than staying to support the team (last week). It's shameful behaviour which is disrespectful of the club and the fans.

I believe Ross's future and our championship status may hinge on how he deals with the Webster situation. I just hope he gets it right.

I'm not someone who slags off players and always get behind them when they are playing. I do that even with Webster. Having said that, my view is if we retain him as player and captain this window, we are very likely to get relegated, as he is not someone who will lead this team to the victories required. This is not about his performances, poor as they have been, its about his lack of encouragement to young players, lack of on field organisation, chatting happily with opposition players after they have just scored a last minute winner against us (Falkirk 3-2 game last season), running straight down the tunnel after being subbed rather than staying to support the team (last week). It's shameful behaviour which is disrespectful of the club and the fans.
I believe Ross's future and our championship status may hinge on how he deals with the Webster situation. I just hope he gets it right.

I agree I was more talking about his initial arrival. I expected him to at least use his experience to settle our young players. He has been sadly lacking unfortunately and I'm presuming he's one of our highest wage earners. It would be better for all concerned if we could move him on but I can't see that happening till the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I agree I was more talking about his initial arrival. I expected him to at least use his experience to settle our young players. He has been sadly lacking unfortunately and I'm presuming he's one of our highest wage earners. It would be better for all concerned if we could move him on but I can't see that happening till the end of the season.

I also had high hopes as he had a very good pedigree, he's probably been one of the biggest disappointments of players signed, and he's up against some pretty tough competition.