In Jack I Believe

Our manager came in too very difficult circumstances a squad he did not build not one player did he sign. Have every faith Jack will get us to the playoffs which has got to be looked upon as sucess this season. If you want St Mirren to survive this season support is the only option.  What i heard on St Mirren TV from a minority today was shocking , cringe worthy. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Our manager came in too very difficult circumstances a squad he did not build not one player did he sign. Have every faith Jack will get us to the playoffs which has got to be looked upon as sucess this season. If you want St Mirren to survive this season support is the only option.  What i heard on St Mirren TV from a minority today was shocking , cringe worthy. 

... and the gap between ourselves and part time teams since Jack came in has doubled and quadrupled in 12 games. Well the window is now open and our first signing has told JAck he's taking a holiday before joining our fight to beat the drop, we are also known to be looking at a part time player freed by Peterhead who is yet another winger. Is Ross planning to try and sign any senior pros or any grafters for the dogfight?

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Agreed. What I heard from the commentary team was utterly cringe worthy. 

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

... and the gap between ourselves and part time teams since Jack came in has doubled and quadrupled in 12 games. Well the window is now open and our first signing has told JAck he's taking a holiday before joining our fight to beat the drop, we are also known to be looking at a part time player freed by Peterhead who is yet another winger. Is Ross planning to try and sign any senior pros or any grafters for the dogfight?

All i can say is i see man who has ambitious and cares. These are good signs in management. Jack knows the lower leagues having been there are you telling me talented players there do not exist? Do you know where Yardley came from. Mecca ? We need backing just now not panic. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

All i can say is i see man who has ambitious and cares. These are good signs in management. Jack knows the lower leagues having been there are you telling me talented players there do not exist? Do you know where Yardley came from. Mecca ? We need backing just now not panic. 

Macca came from juniors from Johnstone Burgh. Macca hadn't bombed at Morton or Peterhead. Are you telling me we need another winger at the moment when we have Morgan, McAllister and McLear who can play that position and had Tom Walsh as well who Ross decided to jettison. 

I'd rather see us sign a decent goalkeeper, utility defender, and replace the goalscorers our Jack has gotten rid of (Hardie and Walsh both had decent goals for the amount of game time they had)... but still Clarkson gets his 30 minutes a week eh?

Yardley was signed from Cowdenbeath... as were Gareth Wardlaw, Jon Robertson, Darren McGregor, Paul McQuade and a wee ginger haired left back who only ever played for the U20s. So out of all those signings from Cowdenbeath I'd say Darren McGregor did us a turn at SPL level and Yardley was good in the Championship, Wardlaw would have been fine at Championship level as well. 

I hope JR can turn things around but given that from day one he has not learned that we need to stop losing goals (and preventable ones at that), then being ambitious and caring just does not cut it.

Even DL knew when to stack a defence.

I hope JR can turn things around but given that from day one he has not learned that we need to stop losing goals (and preventable ones at that), then being ambitious and caring just does not cut it.
Even DL knew when to stack a defence.

Hmmm ambitious and caring (give a shit)? Two qualities lost to the majority of our players!

He tried to sign Rankin but QoS offered a better deal. Trouble is we have too many high earners we cannot get rid off and little in the way of funds.

We've scored 9 goals in 12 league games as well and not scored in 5 of those games.  Worst defence in the league and joint worst attack. As far as scoring goals goes I think Jack should shoulder some of the blame given that when he arrived Sutton was top scorer closely followed by Walsh and Hardie who were both out of the picture within a few games (Walsh permanently). Ross has also been happy to drop Sutton as well. 

21 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He tried to sign Rankin but QoS offered a better deal. Trouble is we have too many high earners we cannot get rid off and little in the way of funds.

If i was Rankin choosing between 7th placed Queen of the South and 10th placed St Mirren 9 points behind Queens and 7 points behind Ayr and 9 behind Dumbarton in 8th place nd safety I'd probably choose the team with the best chance of staying up too! Langfield has volunteered not to play again but is being paid as a keeper and coach... there's 1 high earner I would release without much qualms.

Jack Ross Is a very articulate communicator who is no doubt hurting badly tonight at where we find ourselves. The guy clearly cares but then again so he should, this is his job after all.

The thing is he has had plenty of time to turn this around and hasn't. Now I get the argument that they are not his players but only in football would that even be considered an excuse let alone a reason.

We have not found any form under him and lack basic application in the team, so he is not even motivating his employees if they turn out a performance like that today?

I don't advocate sacking him as we are going down now and that would be pointless at this stage but he also shouldn't get a free pass either. These are his players now, regardless of who signed them and their success or failure is a reflection on him and right now it's a complete failure.

More worrying for me is what sort of team we will have next season. In general relegated team lose their best players and have to rely on youth and some seasoned pros to get them back up. In our case our best players are our youth, so if they go we are in trouble. I said to my brother when we got relegated under Teale that at least we might win some games in the Championship............well maybe we'll win some in League 1 :huh:

If we don't then Jack will be relieved of his duties and our Chairman and our CEO will tell us they have 50+ applications and it all starts again............just a league further down.

Thank Christ for Cup wins and TH and GM's league winning sides as supporting us is far from easy :P

He inherited a car crash from AR. He hasnt been able to bring in his own players and will probably be restricted as to who he can bring in.

We need to back JR even if we go down. We can't keep chopping and changing managers all the time, continuity is needed.

Fair play to him for answering the fans, some of the criticism and abuse is unwarranted and unhelpful. Our young players need BACKING, not BARRACKING.

The negativity can GTF.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We've scored 9 goals in 12 league games as well and not scored in 5 of those games.  Worst defence in the league and joint worst attack. As far as scoring goals goes I think Jack should shoulder some of the blame given that when he arrived Sutton was top scorer closely followed by Walsh and Hardie who were both out of the picture within a few games (Walsh permanently). Ross has also been happy to drop Sutton as well. 

The Club has been a basket case for a while now, there is no getting away from that . All that today's performance does, or lack there of, is underlines just how bad it can get. .

JR knows far more about fitba than I do but surely to f**k the basic thing here is to have a defence that is reasonably hard to beat ?  I think that , that should be priority number one . .

The myth that he inherited a car crash from Rae needs to be binned straight away. If he was unable to work with the group of players we currently have, he shouldn't have been appointed. We had too many games before the transfer window to appoint someone who has showed to be so result inept.

My two pence worth of this car crash of a season is that regardless who Jack Toss has signed or not signed - who he inherited or not from an imbalanced squad is that he is the current leader - manager - motivator and custodian of the squad of full time professional football players

what makes other teams in our league so much better than us ? 

The answer to the above is at the very least what Jack should be trying to achieve 

over a season players form may dip - the manager will recognise this and a player performing well in training will  be given a chance

a player may look unfit or unmotivated and the manager will use one of a range of strategies to alleviate the issue - be it arm round the player or boot in the baws

the team may be stronger or weaker in some positions or area of the pitch and the manager will address this with a change in tactics - personel or hard work on the training ground

in my eyes these are just some of the things Jack has had to deal with this season - he will rightly be judged by the board and support on how he responds to these challenges 

i do believe Jack has the makings of a reasonable coach who for one reason or another hasn't had the 'bounce' yet 

I'm prepared to give him a little longer as bagging him at this stage will take the club I love closer to imploding 

as supporters we are right to express our feelings - our club will remain long after Jack and the current squad has gone

however in my opinion to defend Jack week in week out because this squad is one he has inherited only masks the deeper routed problems at our club which I trust with fan ownership- GS - SMISA - and a well meaning CEO and board of directors are aware that changes need to and will occur 

#proudtobeabuddie

He inherited a car crash from AR. He hasnt been able to bring in his own players and will probably be restricted as to who he can bring in.
We need to back JR even if we go down. We can't keep chopping and changing managers all the time, continuity is needed.
Fair play to him for answering the fans, some of the criticism and abuse is unwarranted and unhelpful. Our young players need BACKING, not BARRACKING.
The negativity can GTF.

Yes let all be positive when we're bottom off the league & teams above us are picking point up off the teams above them.

I prefer to believe in the facts.

Alloa with Ross relegated

Saints rooted to bottom of the table with Ross

I fail to see the 'he has the makings of a good manager' that some claim

Is that because , we are playing better ? Or he interviews well ?

It seems if you disagree that he's doing well , you must be wrong and not allowed an opinion , yet , the stats don't lie and the people who can see that get lambasted.

He should remain to the end of the season , there is still a chance we can get out of this , it's definitely not over yet.

If it turns out we do get relegated ? Then he should go , how do you support 2 relegations on 2 seasons and call a manager who achieves that as ' the makings of a good manager ' ?

I believe in stats , not lip service.

I prefer to believe in the facts.

Alloa with Ross relegated

Saints rooted to bottom of the table with Ross

I fail to see the 'he has the makings of a good manager' that some claim

Is that because , we are playing better ? Or he interviews well ?

It seems if you disagree that he's doing well , you must be wrong and not allowed an opinion , yet , the stats don't lie and the people who can see that get lambasted.

He should remain to the end of the season , there is still a chance we can get out of this , it's definitely not over yet.

If it turns out we do get relegated ? Then he should go , how do you support 2 relegations on 2 seasons and call a manager who achieves that as ' the makings of a good manager ' ?

I believe in stats , not lip service.

Bang on mate agree with everything you've said.