John McGinn

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Indeed, a ridiculous bid when considering that Hibs rejected £1m out of hand from Ipswich about 6 weeks ago.

Hibs will be looking for £2M for the player. Let's hope they keep their nerve.

The Hibs punter who said he had it confirmed is implying that it was the Hibs chairman who told him its 10% so someone's telling  porkies either Stuart Gilmour or Peatrie the Hibs Chairman who this Guy is claiming to know personally. 

10 hours ago, elvis said:

The Hibs punter who said he had it confirmed is implying that it was the Hibs chairman who told him its 10% so someone's telling  porkies either Stuart Gilmour or Peatrie the Hibs Chairman who this Guy is claiming to know personally. 

Third possibility - the guy himself is talking shite.

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hibs have shelled out a fair amount to bring Lennon in as manager and sign some ex-Celtic players. Wouldn't be surprised if they sell McGinn for a big profit to balance the books.

The bigger the better.

BBC are reporting that Forest are expected to come in with a new bid for McGinn by Thursday.

My guess is that they'll up the bid to a million quid, and Hibs, quite justifiably, will tell them to get tae. So I don't expect any windfall for Saints from a sale this window.

Oh well, we can win this league without it:)

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Unless Forest make a big improvement on the reported bid there's no chance he'll be going anywhere.

Hibs will be quite happy to keep him for now, see how his career progresses until the next January window and see how things are at that stage.

It would help any sale if get's more time for the national team.

That wont happen under Strachan unfortunately

Think forest offer is a insult to Scottish football. laughable

The same Scottish football that told SKY to f**k off, didn't research Setanta properly, tried having its own TV, can't get past Cypriot clubs in Europe and bores fans to death by playing each other four times? Aye, we've such a strong brand to base value on.

4 hours ago, Drew said:

BBC are reporting that Forest are expected to come in with a new bid for McGinn by Thursday.

My guess is that they'll up the bid to a million quid, and Hibs, quite justifiably, will tell them to get tae. So I don't expect any windfall for Saints from a sale this window.

Oh well, we can win this league without it:)

Surely Hibs will have said to Forest something along the lines of "Your bid isn't even remotely close, so unless you're prepared to get serious, don't bother wasting any more of our time or yours.".

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Surely Hibs will have said to Forest something along the lines of "Your bid isn't even remotely close, so unless you're prepared to get serious, don't bother wasting any more of our time or yours.".

Brinksmanship.

I'm guessing Notts won't up their bid by a great deal on the basis that they reckon Hibs might blink first.

Edited by Drew