John McGinn

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah but brinkmanship usually only pays off if you are in remotely the same ballpark. Surely if Forest come back with something like £1m, Hibs will just tell them to do one. Hibs aren't in any rush to sell are they? I don't believe they need £1m that desperately.

Aye, I agree that Hibs will chase them.

I'm not sure that Notts would jump from £750K to, say, £2M, which is what I reckon Hibs would be looking for at the very least.

5 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Jackson Irvine in the process of going for 1.5 million there is your minimum benchmark

I would suggest there's plenty of differences between Irvine and McGinn and also Hull have a massive payment for dropping from the top league.

13 caps for Australia, 10 gals in a much higher league than McGinn has played in would suggest he's a bargain for £1.5

TBH maybe it's more a  case of Irvine is a steal than a true reflection of what McGinn is worth.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would suggest there's plenty of differences between Irvine and McGinn and also Hull have a massive payment for dropping from the top league.

13 caps for Australia, 10 gals in a much higher league than McGinn has played in would suggest he's a bargain for £1.5

TBH maybe it's more a  case of Irvine is a steal than a true reflection of what McGinn is worth.

I saw plenty of Jackson Irvine with both Ross County and Killie to suggest that he's nowhere near as good as McGinn.

But then, you don't have to be that good to attract a 7 figure fee between two English clubs anymore. It's just Scottish clubs they can insult with shite bids. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I saw plenty of Jackson Irvine with both Ross County and Killie to suggest that he's nowhere near as good as McGinn.

But then, you don't have to be that good to attract a 7 figure fee between two English clubs anymore. It's just Scottish clubs they can insult with shite bids. 

That was then, this is now. :byebye

As I said, he proven himself in a higher league, bargain at £1.5

2 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Jackson Irvine in the process of going for 1.5 million there is your minimum benchmark

Bit worried if Burton Albion are coming into cash considering they were in for Morgan earlier in the summer.

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Notts are County....Forest are Nottingham.

That's me told:blink:

I have very little interest in English football, so couldn't really care less, to be blunt.

Thanks for the info, however (I think).

Edited by Drew

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If Hibs are struggling to get £1m for McGinn there's not a flippin hope we'll get that for Morgan.

Love your optimism........................:rolleyes:

Tongue was firmly in cheek tbh , but I really see us letting him go on the cheap this time . We don't need to sell , the player is happy to bide his time , so it will take a decent bid I reckon.

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Think that would be a record by a mile for a second tier Scot. We cant command that.............. best we can hope for is 500k and a sell on

Is a realistic amount (500k) for arguably the best player in our division.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tongue was firmly in cheek tbh , but I really see us letting him go on the cheap this time . We don't need to sell , the player is happy to bide his time , so it will take a decent bid I reckon.

We don't need to sell but he is in the last year of his contract so there will be a tipping point at which the board have a big decision to make.

To turn down £250K or whatever was a pretty brave move but one to be applauded given that he could genuinely be the difference between promotion and not this season IMO.

If a bid came in for say £400K it might be very difficult to turn down.

Guess it also depends on what the development fee would be if he leaves under freedom of contract.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If Hibs are struggling to get £1m for McGinn there's not a flippin hope we'll get that for Morgan.

Love your optimism........................:rolleyes:

I'd be very surprised if J McGinn goes for less than £1.5m .

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

It'll come in handy one day.

Aye, perhaps it will.

To be honest, I genuinely had no idea that there is an etiquette for referring to the respective clubs.

I'm even more clueless about English soccerball than I am about the game up here, and that's going some!

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, perhaps it will.

To be honest, I genuinely had no idea that there is an etiquette for referring to the clubs respectively.

I'm even more clueless about English soccerball than I am about the game up here, and that's going some!

Have you ever heard County referred to as Nottingham County?

Forest fans hate their name being abbreviated to Notts.

PS.Why is abbreviated such a big word?:huh: