John McGinn

55 minutes ago, munoz said:

Is a realistic amount (500k) for arguably the best player in our division.

Right so that's at least £333k for McGinn and £500k for Lewis, so that's £833k for Jack at Xmas..................

As the Scottish market is realistic it means pretty much you could buy any player bar Tics and a few Dons.......

Who would my fellow Saints spend £500k on? 

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Right so that's at least £333k for McGinn and £500k for Lewis, so that's £833k for Jack at Xmas..................

As the Scottish market is realistic it means pretty much you could buy any player bar Tics and a few Dons.......

Isma from Hearts .

30 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

If we had 500k to spend I wouldn't buy anyone. I would use it to pay talent like Mallan, Magennis and Morgan a nicer wedge if it secured their services for even one more season as they truly developed under the guidance of Joma Jack. Would maybe even use it to sweeten deals for guys like Super Stelios.... I don't feel aggreived that we don't sign '500k players' - those days are gone. It really grates though that every time a club like ours gets a sniff of assembling a promising team, young talent disappears like snow aff' a dyke to be papped into someone's development squad or to not even make it into a matchday squad. 

I do realise the question is hypothetical though, so IF we were spending 500k on an individual?.... Isma. Fcuk it... give Levein a call and he can conduct a three-way conversation with himself, like Gollum in Lord of the Rings...: yessss, sells him, sells him to the Saints.... nooooo! No sells Isma. Yes, we does, we needs the money precioussss....'

Pretty sure this is how Hearts transfers will be conducted now.

23 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Does the club get extra cash when ever McAllister and Mallan are sold on in the same way as McGinn amd Mclean ?

Seemingly there is a 10% sell-on for McLean. I don't think the details of the McAllister deal were ever specified, but did include some sweeteners, so presumably that did include a sell-on.

One thing does concern me about sell-off deals, though. What is the scenario if, say, Hibs agreed to a relatively modest fee for McGinn on the basis that they include a sizeable sell-off with the deal. I take we effectively lose out to some extent?

Edited by Drew

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think that whatever they get, whenever they get it, we get our % of it. If they sold for £1m with a 10% sell on clause then he was sold for £10m, then we would get 33% of the original £1m and then 33% of their 10% later. I'm sure something similar has happened with an ex Celtic player in the recent past, with Celtic picking up the extra cash.

I watched that film about Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his first club received a percentage of any transfer fee throughout his career.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Nothing.

Keep it until we reach the Premiership.

In the meantime invest it properly and let compound interest work its magic.

1 hour ago, farmer john said:

there are 17 pages on Hibs. net forum about the possible transfer out of JohnMcGinn. They hope Hisb hold out for a proper fee or NO DEAL. I do too....  £2m minimum.....we get £660k and keep Morgan....every one's a winner.

Second offer submitted from Forest. Seven figures this time and seemingly rejected again.

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Wilbur said:

Just for clarification, are you saying that the Old Board are legally entitled to a percentage of the sell-on fee or do you mean that St Mirren receiving a windfall would hasten the club purchase repayments to the Old Board ?

I think he means the former.