John McGinn

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

They must be mad.................. I don't actually rate him anywhere near that valuation either......................

Mind u Troy Deaney was valued at £32m so what do I know 

Most of us have been saying that all along. :P

7 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

in todays low interest environment, there isnt going to be much interest to magically compound!

What environment are you talking about?

My shares portfolio gained 25% last year.

Many companies invest their retained profit in other companies shares.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What environment are you talking about?

My shares portfolio gained 25% last year.

Many companies invest their retained profit in other companies shares.

Well...

...you should also know well that gains are not gained until they are taken.

I don't see what point you're trying to make there...    as shares can go up 100% and the companies go bust in a day...

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Well...

...you should also know well that gains are not gained until they are taken.

I don't see what point you're trying to make there...    as shares can go up 100% and the companies go bust in a day...

You appear to be wittering.

Again.

I was explaining your "shares portfolio going up 25%"  was a meaningless figure.

But you know that.  It's a basic tenet of investing in and holding shares.

And if you don't, then you are not a person best suited to possess a shares portfolio.

Edited by antrin

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

True.

I dont quite see your point but what you say is true.

Ach Oaky. I "liked"your post when it just said true. Then you went and edited it to add that second sentence. Now I want to unlike it.

For absolute clarity as to what my point was....

You made a post suggesting that the club should invest its money and let the compound interest do its magic.

Someone responded by saying in today's interest environments there wouldn't be much to compound.

you countered this by saying that your shares portfolio went up by 25%.

I merely pointed out that an increase in your share portfolio has got nothing to do with compound interest. 

I'm a big fan of your work on this board, but sometimes your over defensiveness gets you into a sticky situation and you rarely have the ability to just stick yours hands up and say fair enough. 

36 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was explaining :snoreyour "shares portfolio going up 25%"  was a meaningless figure.

And if you don't, then you are not a person best suited to possess a shares portfolio.

I made it to the third word. :lol:

39 minutes ago, shull said:

I made it to the third word. :lol:

2 hours ago, shull said:

Lady on 5Live said midnight for Scotland. 

I will be sleeping by then. 

A few lines of Tantrum's Autobiography at 10pm and I am sound by a minute past 10.

43 minutes ago, shull said:

Another short story :lol:

That's just today. If you think this sort of stuff is making a valuable contribution to the board FS, that's up to you.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That's just today. If you think this sort of stuff is making a valuable contribution to the board FS, that's up to you.

Just answering a serial abuser and his condescending shite. 

He is fair game, check out his tripe in the last couple of days and his abusive pish since he killed off Bluto. 

And you're no much better if you check your antics after the Falkirk match. 

Ta ta 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And what the feck does FS mean, FT? 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

I was explaining your "shares portfolio going up 25%"  was a meaningless figure.

Whit?

You would be a more interesting poster if you stopped trying to be a smart arse with every post.

Deary me.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ach Oaky. I "liked"your post when it just said true. Then you went and edited it to add that second sentence. Now I want to unlike it.

For absolute clarity as to what my point was....

You made a post suggesting that the club should invest its money and let the compound interest do its magic.

Someone responded by saying in today's interest environments there wouldn't be much to compound.

you countered this by saying that your shares portfolio went up by 25%.

I merely pointed out that an increase in your share portfolio has got nothing to do with compound interest. 

I'm a big fan of your work on this board, but sometimes your over defensiveness gets you into a sticky situation and you rarely have the ability to just stick yours hands up and say fair enough. 

I believe you can unlike any post you want.

Oh and you can stick your patronising pish where the sun doesnt shine. :lol:

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I believe you can unlike any post you want.

Oh and you can stick your patronising pish where the sun doesnt shine. :lol:

I really do love the way that on this board the word patronising has come to mean pointing out that someone has said something factually incorrect. I'm sure it used to mean something else. 

Unless you were referring to me saying I was a fan of your work on here. In which case that was a genuinely comment. I agree with most of your contributions. Particularly the ones that tend to fly in the face of popular opinion. 

Oh! And I didnae know you could unlike. Shows how clever I am.