John McGinn

30 minutes ago, div said:

Spot on. If West Ham stay up and they want him then £5m is absolutely nothing to them. Let's be having you Hammers!

Only one flaw the Irons are on the way down

Moysie is doomed wether they stay up or down

At the moment he has the worse record of any West Ham manager

39 minutes ago, div said:

I'm not convinced Hibs will be tempted by £3m at this stage. They have most of the summer to play hardball on McGinn, either to get him to extend by another year, giving them the same problem next summer, or to sell.

Bearing in mind if they sell for £3m they would be due us the best part of £1m I can't see them being massively tempted by £2m right now.

A Premiership club should be good for £5m in my opinion!

Im sure i saw an interview with Lennon where he said that McGinn would not go for any less than £5M

thats why im hoping for £6M and a cool £2M to the buds :)

18 hours ago, Drew said:

Indeed.

Quite why people still struggle to grasp this is a mystery.

possibly, the fact that i hadn't read anything that indicated this fact after we were told that the old board received monies from a previous transferthis would debunk your mystery theory.  

a condescending wee post on your part, but devoid of swear words.  Your getting better

30 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Thanks for this, it flies in the face of the smug comments of at least one other so expect a hoity-toity reply

It's as good as all complete, you're taking around July/August and negligible figures. Confidentiality of course procludes me from saying any more.

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Thanks for this, it flies in the face of the smug comments of at least one other so expect a hoity-toity reply

Stewart Gilmour told me on 5th April that "the old board have been completely paid out".

I kind of assumed he'd be a reasonable source of that information. My bad.

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

possibly, the fact that i hadn't read anything that indicated this fact after we were told that the old board received monies from a previous transferthis would debunk your mystery theory.  

a condescending wee post on your part, but devoid of swear words.  Your getting better

f**k off!

:whistle

19 minutes ago, smcc said:

Which of them hasn't received his money?

I believe that's also confidential, maybe even so much so that Stewart isn't aware and hence he believed he was being 100% accurate when talking to Div. As of February, post-accelerated payment talks, there was still a payment plan in place. At the same time a plan was agreed to finally begin facilitating the 50K facility for the club. 

Either way, any income from John McGinn being sold won't be used to pay off the old consortium, I think we can all agree that is the case?

And it won't be used to accelerate any pay out to Gordon either.

It's highly possible that the cut on John will be the highest transfer fee the club has ever received, eclipsing the £850K we got for Ferguson.

It will be a game changing windfall for us when it happens.

7 minutes ago, div said:

Either way, any income from John McGinn being sold won't be used to pay off the old consortium, I think we can all agree that is the case?

It's highly possible that the cut on John will be the highest transfer fee the club has ever received, eclipsing the £850K we got for Ferguson.

Yup, yup, indeed, certainly will.

7 minutes ago, div said:

This would be a fantastic opportunity for the club. Great backdrop to use increased income from Ticket sales, sponsorship and "guaranteed" minimum prize  money for the playing budget.

Stop short changing the boy. Chelsea want £11M for a midfielder with 7 caps (same as J McG) who had played 11 mins for the first team and Bristol City are wanting £6M for a young full back. I'm hoping it's the EPL clubs who come for him and the bidding starts at £7M. The green bigots won't get involved at that price.

10 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Stop short changing the boy. Chelsea want £11M for a midfielder with 7 caps (same as J McG) who had played 11 mins for the first team and Bristol City are wanting £6M for a young full back. I'm hoping it's the EPL clubs who come for him and the bidding starts at £7M. The green bigots won't get involved at that price.

I agree.

I reckon John won't move on for less than £5M.

137e2054f9ee0c45e68bd473435dbc5e_395.jpg

This in a nutshell. Earlier the better too.

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

How long does his current contract at Hibs last? 

We've been thinking for a few transfer windows now that he'll move on and hasn't. Is it time to hit the panic button if he doesn't move this time?

It's hardly anything worth panicking over. If we get a cut, great, if we don't, we carry on as normal.

Little point in getting excited about money we might never get.

Edited by Thorizaar

6 hours ago, div said:

Stewart Gilmour told me on 5th April that "the old board have been completely paid out".

I kind of assumed he'd be a reasonable source of that information. My bad.

Stewart also told me ages ago 71 points would win the league.

Cue a song......

He's Nostradamus in disguise..............................

Nostradamus!

Nostradamus!

He's Nostradamus in disguise.

Nostradamus in disguise........................

(please not the sin bin) 

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

How long does his current contract at Hibs last? 

We've been thinking for a few transfer windows now that he'll move on and hasn't. Is it time to hit the panic button if he doesn't move this time?

Hibs will not allow him to run his contract down and he leaves for nothing. If a suitable offer comes in they will accept it as this will be his final year. I know John has indicated he would like to stay but money talks and I suspect he will be sold this summer so they can buy Scott Allan and maybe retain their other good players by offering them a better deal.

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

It's hardly anything worth panicking over. If we get a cut, great, if we don't, we carry on as normal.

Little point in getting excited about money we might never get.

It is important. We don't include these sell on clauses just for the fun of it or for a nice wee bonus. It will be factored in to the value of the player and the long term profitability of our youth academy.

If we don't get anything he will be another name to add to the list of talent we've developed and got close to the square root of f**k all for. 

Edited by LargsBud

2 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Hibs will not allow him to run his contract down and he leaves for nothing. If a suitable offer comes in they will accept it as this will be his final year. I know John has indicated he would like to stay but money talks and I suspect he will be sold this summer so they can buy Scott Allan and maybe retain their other good players by offering them a better deal.

McGinn has got to come out with the "I want to stay" patter to stay onside with the hibs support.