John McGinn

30 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Apparently he's not goingto Celtic. Which is great for us because they would definitely have done a deal which included Scott Allan and less cash.

I've heard from a decent source its not them so hopefully it's a pure cash deal somewhere.

I would have thought in this case, Scott Allan would have to be financially evaluated and the monetary value built in.

11 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I would have thought in this case, Scott Allan would have to be financially evaluated and the monetary value built in.

That's where it gets messy - usually theres something in the contract to say that its kept separate but from what i understand this clause wasnt inserted with McGinn's.

Would be easier all round if another player isnt involved.

45 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

His big brother owned him in the game we pumped the " champions " at the San Siro

Which is what Lewis Stevenson said to me in a boozer in Majorca , said Lennon really rates him and was surprised he hadn't tried to nab him , and confirmed Lennon's outburst to John that "you aren't even the best player in your own house "  ^_^!

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

IOBS, stop buying into the Hibs supporters on Pie and Bovril. 

It's a running joke from them that everytime a St Mirren fan mentions the sell on % they knock it down the way to get bites as they usually get so many. 

Ok sir :blink:.  McGinn was being discussed I joind the subject if you pm your mobile I will give you a call to make sure it's alright to post :P

3 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

So who "financially evaluates" him then? Hibs arent exactly gonna say Allans price would be high.

I'm sure where this has happened in the past its just the cash that counts cos you can't accurately say the value of the player if there has been a swap.

3 hours ago, div said:

Definitely 33% of any profit Hibs make.

Believe they paid £120K for him,  so if they sell for £4m we'd get a third of £3.88m give or take so our cut would be just under £1.3m.

Tasty. Just think how many non-league 21 year olds Stubbsy could sign with over a million quid in his hip pocket.

:oohlala

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Tasty. Just think how many non-league 21 year olds Stubbsy could sign with over a million quid in his hip pocket.

If there is a windfall it's going towards stadium redevelopment in turn making money for the club long term. Gordon Scott Buddie Vision. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If there is a windfall it's going towards stadium redevelopment in turn making money for the club long term. Gordon Scott Buddie Vision. 

Where on Buddie vision. Was it recently. 

45 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

So who "financially evaluates" him then? Hibs arent exactly gonna say Allans price would be high.

I'm sure where this has happened in the past its just the cash that counts cos you can't accurately say the value of the player if there has been a swap.

I seem to recall some SFA committee in the past arbitrating in a disagreement between clubs on the value of player.

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

and if he really get lucky, we could get a multi-million pound return when they're later sold on.   :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This might not be a sexy use of money but it is an excellent idea.

Anything which "sweats the asset" of our stadium and surrounding land should be a very high priority. We cannot be dependent on fan numbers or TV revenue.

Any substantial ‘windfall’ from a McGinn transfer would surely negate the need to pilfer SMiSA money, ring-fenced for share purchase purpose, to fund astroturf repairs at Ralston. If we receive (hypothetically) one million quid, it would surely amount to a disgrace to still use SMiSA funds for such a purpose.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Any substantial ‘windfall’ from a McGinn transfer would surely negate the need to pilfer SMiSA money, ring-fenced for share purchase purpose, to fund astroturf repairs at Ralston. If we receive (hypothetically) one million quid, it would surely amount to a disgrace to still use SMiSA funds for such a purpose.

Completely off topic I know, but...................

It would only be a "disgrace" for the people that didn't vote for it, when we didn't have (hypothetically) £1 million.

I'm sure "sheep" (I think that was the correct derogatory term) like me would like to see our vote honoured.

Or maybe we could have another vote to see if we've changed our minds.:)

Maybe I'm just not very bright, or simply can't get too wound up about it, but if part of the money I put towards the club is occasionally used for maintenance purposes, etc, so be it.

As long as it is for the genuine good of the club, and not lining someone's pocket or being frittered away on some random, meaningless shite or other (like HoF panels:ph34r:) I won't be complaining too much.

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Completely off topic I know, but...................

It would only be a "disgrace" for the people that didn't vote for it, when we didn't have (hypothetically) £1 million.

I'm sure "sheep" (I think that was the correct derogatory term) like me would like to see our vote honoured.

Or maybe we could have another vote to see if we've changed our minds.:)

I’m no longer a SMiSA member, so if enough members want to vote for money to be spent on painting the floodlight pylons pink with purple spots, then that’s what will happen. 

I’m just an outsider looking in, so what I think won’t matter a fcuk in the grand scheme of things, but if the club would indeed use any McGinn money for stadium improvements, then, my opinion only, it stinks if they would still use 50k of SMiSA members monies, which were clearly ring-fenced for share purpose, to pay for astroturf repairs.

Frankly, I saw signs of this sort of thing coming, hence my reason for wanting no further part of Buy the Buds.

Anyway, open forum, just MHO etc, no need for anyone to take much heed.... and I’m sure no-one will, and I won’t be offended. Each to their own, it just became something I no longer wanted to use some of my own money to go to. Hope it all works out.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I seem to recall some SFA committee in the past arbitrating in a disagreement between clubs on the value of player.

Fair enough. Seems a bit of a mental situation for that to happen.

Would have thought it was just one of these risks that needs to be accepted when you include a sell on fee in a deal.

This might not be a sexy use of money but it is an excellent idea.
Anything which "sweats the asset" of our stadium and surrounding land should be a very high priority. We cannot be dependent on fan numbers or TV revenue.
Like "cringe" you really shouldn't use "sexy".

I’m no longer a SMiSA member, so if enough members want to vote for money to be spent on painting the floodlight pylons pink with purple spots, then that’s what will happen. 
I’m just an outsider looking in, so what I think won’t matter a fcuk in the grand scheme of things, but if the club would indeed use any McGinn money for stadium improvements, then, my opinion only, it stinks if they would still use 50k of SMiSA members monies, which were clearly ring-fenced for share purpose, to pay for astroturf repairs.
Frankly, I saw signs of this sort of thing coming, hence my reason for wanting no further part of Buy the Buds.
Anyway, open forum, just MHO etc, no need for anyone to take much heed.... and I’m sure no-one will, and I won’t be offended. Each to their own, it just became something I no longer wanted to use some of my own money to go to. Hope it all works out.
So you don't want the club to maximise income possibilities and potentially become self sufficient?

While I don't want to get involved in some sort of Dicko v the constitution type argument the £2 was a "disgretionery" fund. If it doesn't buy the shares its not really going against what we signed up for as the £10 a month does that.

Anyway peace out.

Genuinely puzzled by this and anyone else who has chucked Buy The Buds for any other reason than personal finance situation changing, or death.

I saw it as a ten year commitment and hopefully the vast majority did too.

Disappointed to see this!!

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Speculate = accumulate,  if improving the stadium to bring an income in then surly that is a good thing ? For me it is , personally I don't see any demons taking over the club but each to their own. 

Genuinely puzzled by this and anyone else who has chucked Buy The Buds for any other reason than personal finance situation changing, or death.

Pretty sure people that have put their money in are entitled to feel aggrieved at how it’s being managed and therefore subsequently cancel their £12 DD.

We find ourselves in a situation where money that was ring fenced for the sole purpose of purchasing shares and nothing other than the purchase of shares is now being eaten up to pay for a new surface at Ralston, I personally feel this should be at the clubs expense and not the fans. Hence why people feel the need to pull the plug.

I still pay my £12 but have been seriously considering cancelling. Frustrated at the fact every single quarterly spend gets thrown away at a handful pointless projects.

Understandably this has all been put through via a democratic vote but frustrated nonetheless.

24 minutes ago, div said:

Oh shoosh! Not to mention, you can save your disappointment. The deal is a ten year commitment, individuals can make their own choice regaring theirs.