John McGinn

10 minutes ago, shull said:

The bottom line and real scary thing is.................

If the vast majority of members vote to spend ringfenced money now, what the feck is it going to be like in 10 years time when t all those members are in charge of the Club ?

God fecking help us.

^^^^^^ This has been a concern for many.

Lunatics running the asylum. :whistle

Genuine question, as you cancel.
As a member of SMiSA, did you ever put your concerns to them?

Fair question. No I didn’t but then again I’m not sure what you would mean by “them”. Up until 15 minutes ago I was a member of SMiSA so I guess “us” would be more appropriate.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Splitting hairs, lunatics are lunatics...................:wink:

I disagree.

It's a benefit to the club that some people have withdrawn their support for the monthly payments, in my humble opinion of course.:)

Some people, not so.:(

Edited by FTOF

47 minutes ago, shull said:

We are already under fan ownership.

What don't you get ?

If you don’t see the difference between a fan of st Mirren football club being our owner and chairman and the fan ownership model we’re moving to then I can’t help you in getting this. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I disagree.

It's a benefit to the club that some people have withdrawn their support for the monthly payments, in my humble opinion of course.:)

Some people, not so.:(

Really? 

Unless you're being quite personal, I don't get that, singling out "some" support taking a decision that they are entirely  entitled to, yet you add the alternative that "some" not so? 

Unsure how you feel you know enough about both parties to make such a comment. 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, you do and it's like trying to debate with Smarty Farty, a fecking brick, or thick, wall.

Disappointed in myself, wasting my fecking time engaging with you. :byebye

Well I don’t but good argument back :lol:

if people don’t fancy the model or didn’t want the £50k used and voted no as such, that’s their opinion.

It’s very different from calling SMISA/ SMFC crooks, attacking democracy and calling fans idiots :huh:

Genuine question, as you cancel.
As a member of SMiSA, did you ever put your concerns to them?
Drew...

Any complaints on here have been met with abuse, derision or trite dismissive answers at best... Including from people who should be more considerate due to their position IMO.

I took the easy option... I quit regularly posting on the forum rather than quitting SMISA.

I genuinely believe a direct complaint to them would be a complete waste of time.

It is obvious that certain mantras have been repeated so often that they are firmly believed to be true.

The dismissive tone of all releases to do with this fait acomplit following complaints show the futility of complaining, directly or indirectly.

Right oh righteous ones... Shoot away! I don't care.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Genuine question, is it really any of your business what people decide to do with their money? 

You should know people have an immeasurable amount of reasons and thoughts which are very personal. 

Also, do you really believe if he had concerns they would have changed anything...........................:wink:

Holy Christ, the cavalry has sashayed in:rolleyes:

It was a perfectly reasonable question, and not one asked of you fannybaws.

22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If you don’t see the difference between a fan of st Mirren football club being our owner and chairman and the fan ownership model we’re moving to then I can’t help you in getting this. 

No you can't .....

I watched a really good programme about the history of Third Lanark on BBC Alba tonight. Think it might have been on before. For anyone that's against fan ownership run clubs , they should watch this on I player.  One of the founders of the Scottish League along with ourselves and were met with a really sad demise down to a unscrupulous owner.  Still as relevant today as it was in 67. 

54 minutes ago, munoz said:

I watched a really good programme about the history of Third Lanark on BBC Alba tonight. Think it might have been on before. For anyone that's against fan ownership run clubs , they should watch this on I player.  One of the founders of the Scottish League along with ourselves and were met with a really sad demise down to a unscrupulous owner.  Still as relevant today as it was in 67. 

Some just can't grasp realty  but that is their choice sadly.  

On 6/29/2018 at 5:23 PM, div said:

One and the same thing.

Members were told exactly where the £50K was coming from when they were asked to vote.

They voted overwhelmingly in favour.

so tell me then...

how could I vote to support the replacing of the astroturf without dipping into the ring fenced money?

If it was one and the same thing, where was that option which would certainly have got my vote?

How much was the trip for 25+ bodies to la manga? Flights, hotels, expenses and so on?

Could they not just have used the cash from that to replace the turf?

Fwiw i dont have an opinion on this or claim to know enough about it but with cash thats came in plus the spain trip why would the club need to dip into/ask for this "ringfenced" dosh?

On the subject. When John gets punted im sure they will quickly replace in one lump sum via the 2hr faster online payment function. :)

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

No animosity taken. I disagree with Div and my mate Drew on this, but there’s absolutely no animosity and the next time I see them at a game, we will most likely discuss events ON the park and won’t even mention off the field stuff.

I genuinely think my position on this is crystal clear. As I have said many times, I don’t expect or ask anyone to agree, and I wish the scheme all the best in my absence. I really do not know how clear I can make it, but here it is again.

Monies were ring-fenced for share purchase. The club, instead of allowing this ring-fenced money to ‘gather dust in the bank’, wanted to use it for something other than the purpose it was intended. IMHO the chain of events then should have been to inform members that this was their intention, and have a vote to see the percentage of SMiSA members who sanctioned using their money for any other purpose. At this point, NO specific project should even have been put out there. IF the club received a ‘yes’ vote allowing that money to be used, THEN the club had a mandate to sit down and say ‘astroturf, fixing the airdome, upgrading the cookers in hospitality, signing Lionel Messi....’ what do we want to put to the members now that we’ve got their OK to do something with that money.

In my opinion, the way they went about it was not the way I think people in their position should go about their business. I think discussing astroturf before even asking for members permission to even TOUCH their money was at best poor form. I think it skewed the vote. It was, in my opnion, a foregone conclusion that the vote was a ‘yes’ vote. The fact that it was a benefit to Jack Ross who wanted it made it a shoe-in. Of course, the club need to do what they can to help Jack Ross, or Sir Stubbsy, but IMHO using money ring-fenced for share purchase is not the way they should have went about it. Not even borrowing it, dipping into it, or doing a single thing with it rather than what it was meant for. I find the fact they all talked about the astroturf in regard to this money rather distasteful and disrespectful to those who had paid that portion of their monies for one clear purpose. Clearly, many SMiSA members do not find it disrespectful, or poor form, or anything. That’s entirely their perogative and I respect that.

No-one needs to agree with it, but I firmly believe I have made a crystal clear case of why I absolutely disagreed with the way the club acted in this regard. No-one need follow me in leaving, no-one need agree, no animosity.

Gie’s a signing.

:lol:  So that`s the reason you jumped ship on a 10yr project,  am surprised you lasted more than 10 minutes,  and as for the bit I highlighted you couldn`t be more wrong in my opinion, There`s no open cheque book,  the ring-fenced money stays ring-fenced until the SMISA members decide otherwise, 

Edited by portmahomack saint
?

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Genuine question, is it really any of your business what people decide to do with their money? 

You should know people have an immeasurable amount of reasons and thoughts which are very personal. 

Also, do you really believe if he had concerns they would have changed anything...........................:wink:

Then don't make it public, and people wont ask,  anyway got to dash need a Turkish delight :moony2

Every time I go to click on this I say John Mcginn’s name in my head in the same tone as the commentator did in the run up to our second goal in the league cup final. The way that he said his name without an add on such as “passes to”  or “ strides forward “ etc has stuck in my head ever since. I probably should seek help but I like it so there.

1 hour ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Every time I go to click on this I say John Mcginn’s name in my head in the same tone as the commentator did in the run up to our second goal in the league cup final. The way that he said his name without an add on such as “passes to”  or “ strides forward “ etc has stuck in my head ever since. I probably should seek help but I like it so there.

At 5.01

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

:lol:  So that`s the reason you jumped ship on a 10yr project,  am surprised you lasted more than 10 minutes,  and as for the bit I highlighted you couldn`t be more wrong in my opinion, There`s no open cheque book,  the ring-fenced money stays ring-fenced until the SMISA members decide otherwise, 

No, the reason I ‘jumped ship’ on a 10 year project is more complex than that. As santaponsasaint also said, he will keep some things out of the public domain, as I am. I reached the conclusion that while fan ownership seems preferable to Dave King, the way our scheme is going even so early into a ten year project concerns me to the point I didn’t want to be a part of it. Unless someone quotes me again, even in condescending mocking tones with laughing-at-you smilies to open, I won’t post another word about Buy the Buds or what they do / don’t do with their monies. I have said many times I think a better future for St Mirren at this point is for the club to have GLS as the new SG with SMiSA as a partner, but not running anything, certainly not the whole shooting match. I don’t think he will hand over in ten years. I think he’s already got SMiSA just where he wants them, and as long as he’s overseeing a well-run club, as SG did, fine by me.

All we need is an honest and smart St Mirren Supporter running the show.

We had that with Stewart Gilmour and we have it now with Gordon Scott.

There is 10 years at least for another dude to step up and take the Buddie baton.

14 hours ago, shull said:

The bottom line and real scary thing is.................

If the vast majority of members vote to spend ringfenced money now, what the feck is it going to be like in 10 years time when t all those members are in charge of the Club ?

God fecking help us.

The spend of the ring fence in the way presented represents an absolutely tiny risk to BTB or SMFC.

St Mirren fans in charge of our club that can identify when the reward far outweighs the risk can only be a good thing. Imo 

No reward without risk in any business on this planet.