John McGinn

38 minutes ago, shull said:

And they will probably knock back 25 million for Tierney.

I am a St Mirren fan but you have to admire how Celtic have conducted their transfer business over the past few years. They have managed to underpay for a number of players which they have sold on at a profit. Note for Peter Lawell. Even at 5 Million John McGinn would be a snip.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, pozbaird said:

No, the reason I ‘jumped ship’ on a 10 year project is more complex than that. As santaponsasaint also said, he will keep some things out of the public domain, as I am. I reached the conclusion that while fan ownership seems preferable to Dave King, the way our scheme is going even so early into a ten year project concerns me to the point I didn’t want to be a part of it. Unless someone quotes me again, even in condescending mocking tones with laughing-at-you smilies to open, I won’t post another word about Buy the Buds or what they do / don’t do with their monies. I have said many times I think a better future for St Mirren at this point is for the club to have GLS as the new SG with SMiSA as a partner, but not running anything, certainly not the whole shooting match. I don’t think he will hand over in ten years. I think he’s already got SMiSA just where he wants them, and as long as he’s overseeing a well-run club, as SG did, fine by me.

Your pulling my leg your a bad man  :rolleyes:  if SMISA and Gordon didn`t come along when they did we would be playing in league 1 or even worse,  You weren't serious there were ye :o 

The usual dance of the transfer market I think.

First offer is always going to be a lowball, just to flush out any real competition and start the game.

Expect he will eventually go for around £3m if he does go to Celtic but our hope has to be that there is some serious interest from down South which drives the price up.

The likes of 4 or 5m is nothing to most English Championship clubs. I really hope he goes down south , the thought of playing a Celtic team with both Morgan and McGinn in it would be hard to take.

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Your pulling my leg your a bad man  :rolleyes:  if SMISA and Gordon didn`t come along when they did we would be playing in league 1 or even worse,  You weren't serious there were ye :o 

You telling me that across his entire tenure, SG and Co didn’t oversee a well-run St Mirren? Through all the ups and downs, the promotions, cup wins, finals, losses, relegations, USH, 10,000 seats, good teams, bad teams, mediocre teams, stadium moves, debts, just keeping the old stadium from falling down.... through it all, he wasn’t a wonderwall? I mean, didn’t do a good job when you look at the whole picture?

Anyway, McGinn. McGinn. McGinn. 

Celtic have a track record of making a good profit on their transfer dealings. Having got £7m for Armstrong, they won't want to part with more than half of that for McGinn.  They might also muddy the waters by offering to include Scott Allan in the deal and paying less cash. If they do that, does anyone know how St. Mirren's share of the deal will be calculated? 

2 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Celtic have a track record of making a good profit on their transfer dealings. Having got £7m for Armstrong, they won't want to part with more than half of that for McGinn.  They might also muddy the waters by offering to include Scott Allan in the deal and paying less cash. If they do that, does anyone know how St. Mirren's share of the deal will be calculated? 

We would get Scott Allan every third game :P

If Celtic's opening bid is £1.5m then I'd be absolutely shocked if they were likely to go anywhere close to paying £3m. 

I can imagine that their upper limit would be something like £2.5m with Scott Allan maybe reducing that down by £300k or something. 

Chances are that this will flush out the competition so more chance of Hibs getting the money they want from an English club I reckon. The danger is that if McGinn really wants to go to Celtic he can just run down his deal if it gets messy. 

over on p/b guy saying he is hearing its 2.5million double deal 2.4 for murray and 100.000 mcginn so only 30.000 to us probably a load of shite right enough but it would be a way out of having to pay us a load of money.

Edited by elvis

10 minutes ago, Maboza said:

If Celtic's opening bid is £1.5m then I'd be absolutely shocked if they were likely to go anywhere close to paying £3m. 

I can imagine that their upper limit would be something like £2.5m with Scott Allan maybe reducing that down by £300k or something. 

Chances are that this will flush out the competition so more chance of Hibs getting the money they want from an English club I reckon. The danger is that if McGinn really wants to go to Celtic he can just run down his deal if it gets messy. 

Depends how much they really want him I suppose and definitely depends on who else is interested.

Hibs aren't daft. They know McGinn either needs to sign an extension this summer or be sold. They'll factor in our cut of the fee in terms of considering what the player is worth to them.

Selling for £1.5m and keeping just over £1m of that isn't going to tempt them. With Armstrong going for £7m with a year left then the bar is set pretty high. John isn't as established as he was but a Premier League team will think nothing of taking a £3m punt for him IMO.

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

over on p/b guy saying he is hearing its 2.4million double deal 2.3 for murray and 100.000 mcginn so only 30.000 to us probably a load of shite right enough but it would be a way out of having to pay us a load of money.

You been drinking mate?

Hibs fans trying to wind us up again.

Surely no matter how they dress it up we are entitled to 33% of the total value of any transfer deal.

Edited by HSS

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

over on p/b guy saying he is hearing its 2.5million double deal 2.4 for murray and 100.000 mcginn so only 30.000 to us probably a load of shite right enough but it would be a way out of having to pay us a load of money.

Andy ? Thought he was f**ked ?

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

He's a Dundee United fan.  I'm going to guess that he's made it up.

Edit: didn't see your latest post. :thumbs2

Edited by Magic Monkey